Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Baron Davis likely to play against the Rockets or Pistons

Default Baron Davis likely to play against the Rockets or Pistons

Baron Davis is likely to participate in his first practice today and the Knicks are shooting for the injured point guard to make his debut Saturday in Houston for the finale to their four-game road trip, according to sources.

The Knicks prefer to start Davis on the road because there would be less pressure for him to perform. But if he has the slightest setback during practices, then his debut would be pushed back to the first game back, against the Pistons at the Garden next Tuesday.
    If there were no setbacks in his running drills yesterday, Davis, suffering from a herniated disc, is expected to be cleared this morning but his first practice could be limited.
    Davis has, as expected, beat the timetable his agent, Todd Ramasar, set in mid-December of “at least eight to 10 weeks.’’
    Davis has been reluctant to publicly set a date because it hinges on his day-to-day progress and he doesn’t want to be disappointed.
    “Every team goes through adversity,” Davis said. “This is our adversity. There was all the hype about us winning the championship. Judge us at the end of the season. Our goal is to be ready by April.’’
    * The Knicks announced an hour after Saturday’s game rookie center Josh Harrellson’s fall late in the first OT caused him to break his right wrist and he’ll be out six weeks, with surgery scheduled this week.
    Harrellson has been an important piece to the rotation, playing in all 16 games, averaging 18.5 minutes, 5.3 points and 4.3 rebounds, and has been praised often by coach Mike D’Antoni for his strong defense and ability to hit 3-pointers.
    * Rookie Iman Shumpert again experienced cramping and missed most of the two OTs. Before games, Shumpert, who had 18 points, seven assists and two steals against the Nuggets, has been eating stacks of sliced melon to combat dehydration.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Damn, who would have thought that when we signed Baron Davis on a whim, he would have the team on his shoulders by mid season.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Starks
    Damn, who would have thought that when we signed Baron Davis on a whim, he would have the team on his shoulders by mid season.
    HAHA, but i doesn't have to be, just get a coach that actually believes in a little defense and we'll be fine, with this team as constructed.Hell i'm tired of watching my PG battling 7 footers in the damn post, this is insane.

Originally Posted by Starks
    I don't know but I'm happy as hell to have him back. It's a shame Jorts is hurt because he would of been a big beneficiary of Davis' return.

Veteran

Last I heard he was due back end of Feb. Great news if it's end of Jan. I have no confidence that this is going to make the Knicks better, I was thinking the Knicks would be an upper tier team with Stat/Melo and Chandler so I give up with predicting.

It's the last chance for this team.

If Davis can't rescue them it's over!

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    It's the last chance for this team.

If Davis can't rescue them it's over!
    I'm not giving up on the Knicks until I see them under a real coach that uses a standard AMERICAN half-court offense/defense.

I've digged out some Baron stuff:

@alanhahn: Baron Effect already evident in scrimmage. Offense has a leader. Some passes are great but some met with surprise. Will take time. #Knicks

@alanhahn: Another observation of Barons first practice: he's been extremely vocal and intense.

@alanhahn: Fatigue will be the obvious issue early on for Baron along with developing a chemistry with teammates. But game is definitely still there.

@alanhahn: DAntoni said Baron would be brought slowly into the mix. Spot mins. Conditioning and timing are the major hurdles. #Knicks

@Baron_Davis: Hooped for the 1st time in months. Knicks Training staff is great! They get the credit! Lots of work ahead! #blessed #happytobeaknick.

@alanhahn: D'Antoni didn't rule it out completely. We'll see. RT @TheFeigster: @alanhahn any chance Baron plays tom? Let's say a blow out in any form?

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Last I heard he was due back end of Feb. Great news if it's end of Jan. I have no confidence that this is going to make the Knicks better, I was thinking the Knicks would be an upper tier team with Stat/Melo and Chandler so I give up with predicting.
    Weather BD is the answer or not, the question around our team entering this season was at the PG postion so no way should we have expected to be able win without sound PG play

Again, it is hard to know at this point if BD is that answer but that is where it begins and ends for us

We all hate Melo's shot selection and the way Mike Dantoni is using him, but truth be told, without a playmaking PG, that is sadly our best option, the same can be said for all the 3's taken

Shump has helped us see glimpses of how good the offense will look with a playmaking PG, the problem is that while Shump is so dang talented he can run the point some, this is just not his natural position

I'll say it again, if we get the BD that played with The Cavs at the end of the season, we'll be 5 or 6 above .500 around mid March and looking solid heading into the playoffs

but who knows....will the injury begin to torment him after a back to back to back or even a 4 game in 6 night stretch?

How soon will he learn what he has described as a "sophisticated offense"

where will our record/team moral be if and when he does catch on?

Cool

Originally Posted by New New York
    Weather BD is the answer or not, the question around our team entering this season was at the PG postion so no way should we have expected to be able win without sound PG play

Again, it is hard to know at this point if BD is that answer but that is where it begins and ends for us

We all hate Melo's shot selection and the way Mike Dantoni is using him, but truth be told, without a playmaking PG, that is sadly our best option, the same can be said for all the 3's taken

Shump has helped us see glimpses of how good the offense will look with a playmaking PG, the problem is that while Shump is so dang talented he can run the point some, this is just not his natural position

I'll say it again, if we get the BD that played with The Cavs at the end of the season, we'll be 5 or 6 above .500 around mid March and looking solid heading into the playoffs

but who knows....will the injury begin to torment him after a back to back to back or even a 4 game in 6 night stretch?

How soon will he learn what he has described as a "sophisticated offense"

where will our record/team moral be if and when he does catch on?
    *Yawn

Wake me up when we figure out we're in America and not Europe.

Originally Posted by Red
    *Yawn

Originally Posted by Red
    *Yawn

Yawn???? does the truth bore you?

Be it Europe or USA we need a PG, my post was not an endorsement to Dantoni's style, just stating the facts!

Originally Posted by CA7
    LOL ... I wonder what position we're going to need next for D'antoni to succeed after all the non-believers find out Davis isn't the savior? You can't fix a broken system without firing the coach. We could have 5 all-stars and that still wouldn't be enough. Some fans here would still blame the stars when they're not winning. Oh wait, they do.

If Baron Davis comes back the Knicks have to go on a seven game winning streak in order to reach .500.There is no way that the Knicks are going to win another game until they have a real PG.Right now they're worse than the post Van Gundy Knicks.

Baron looks like he's in pretty good shape. He did a good job of not fattening up without any physical exercise for the past few months.