Baron Davis likely to play against the Rockets or Pistons

iSaYughh

Starter
Yes, "european" ball, that horrible, horrible thing. Woefully ineffective.

Except when it's Gallo dropping loads and deuces down our throats to close out games....

Or MVP'ing NBA champion teams.....

Your bias is obvious, Red. You're really starting to reach.

And you obv won't pipe down till person in question has to take a hundred shits on your argument, till you relent. Just like what happened with your opinions on Gallo. And, assuming MDA is given the chance to hang round as coach, the same will likely happen with him to some degree.

NewYorkNewYork wasn't stating some bland platitude (like you keep repeating) about "needing better and better players".

Can someone make a statement around here without you and one of your select minions parroting speeches about "european ball" and MDA? :boohoo:

How about a team gets a starting level NBA PG and improves the worst backcourt in the NBA; giving it's superstars the most obvious element they could use to play great.

Idk of any squad with multiple offensive stars who work well, without one of them either having PG-like handle and passing skills, or the team having a quality point guard already their.

Let alone two big forwards with weak passing games. Smh...And no shit it has *something* to do with MDA, just like any coach wants obvious players to fill obvious, crater-sized holes in their lineups.

Nobody was bitching when we marginal starter Raymond Felton "magically" was getting all-star nods in his first year with us.

Red

TYPE-A
iSaY Euroball is ughh!

Yes, "european" ball, that horrible, horrible thing. Woefully ineffective.

While you exaggerate and contradict yourself (see: reaching below), I'll entertain myself by formulating how much dumber I can make you look. Let me guess... you're European. Or your parents are.

So fickle. Aight, lets proceed.

Except when it's Gallo dropping loads and deuces down our throats to close out games....

Or MVP'ing NBA champion teams.....

Mad, sad ughh... are you intimating Gallinari (I assume was your favorite you freaky man) or better yet George Carl uses a European philosophy, and that's what beat us? Sounds like it. If I didn't know any better, I would say you have no clue what the f*ck you are talking about. See... now I feel foolish.

Well that was factually incorrect. Maybe you are concluding, that being Gallo is European, in some way his play justifies our ill faded approach.

Do you know how dumb you sound? Have you even considered that maybe Carl is a better coach, with a better strategy, who used this to influence a player and team to beat us? Have you? That's not a reach... it's juuuuuust a bit more possible than your assumptions.

Your bias is obvious, Red. You're really starting to reach.

Pots and kettles my friend. Except you seem to be the one reaching judging by your statements above. Yes Ughh, I am allergic to poor ill concieved unproven concepts; and overpaid, over-hyped coaches who produce the other thing I am allergic to, losing. What can I say I'm a winner. And real recognizes real.

Moving on...

And you obv won't pipe down till person in question has to take a hundred shits on your argument, till you relent. Just like what happened with your opinions on Gallo. And, assuming MDA is given the chance to hang round as coach, the same will likely happen with him to some degree.

Really, I have no clue what you are talking about. My opinions of Gallo, were just that, opinions. Based on my analysis at the time. Again, are you intimating Gallo has been stellar throughout? And again, do you like him? Seems fishy, but I hope you are a female.

Furthermore, after you implored your brilliance, do you regret choosing SF Gallo with Wilson Chandler (oh yeah, I said I thought Chandler was a better all around player.. seems 'Antoni thought that too. Go Europe!) on the team with viable POINT GUARDS (who 'Antoni seems to NEED) on the board. Seems counterintuitive doesn't it? Don't hurt yourself.

Maybe, just maybe, our coach had visions of Three Point grandeur... but hey two tears in a bucket right? I mean this coach stresses the fundamentals that you learned in basketball right? They told you that its a great idea to build a perimeter oriented team did they? Yeah I bet they did.

Reluctantly, I'll proceed.

NewYorkNewYork wasn't stating some bland platitude (like you keep repeating) about "needing better and better players".

Can someone make a statement around here without you and one of your select minions parroting speeches about "european ball" and MDA? :boohoo:

Ahhh... that's refreshing! Not only did you comment on a discussion I had with another poster, one which I already clarified and replied to. But below you played yourself... again. Wow. Lets read your "bland platitude" shall we.

How about a team gets a starting level NBA PG and improves the worst backcourt in the NBA; giving it's superstars the most obvious element they could use to play great.

Idk of any squad with multiple offensive stars who work well, without one of them either having PG-like handle and passing skills, or the team having a quality point guard already their.

Let alone two big forwards with weak passing games. Smh...And no shit it has *something* to do with MDA, just like any coach wants obvious players to fill obvious, crater-sized holes in their lineups.

Nobody was bitching when we marginal starter Raymond Felton "magically" was getting all-star nods in his first year with us.

Yo I'm dying laughing... seriously!

You too are fooled into believing this poor coaching is a result of not having another PG. Sad.

As if having a PG would have prevented us from shooting 35 threes. Or attempting threes only, mixed with a few turnovers, after blowing a lead. Are you aware that it is best when a team attempts to drive and draw fouls when behind- that way hopefully they can score without the clock moving and possibly alter the strategy and/or minutes of certain players?

Did you learn this?

Please recall it was our coach who chose Duhon as our "starting level NBA PG" and force fed us.

Oh and please try and picture the myriad of rosters we could have built without 'Antoni's European influence before you present arguments. It makes you look uninformed. And I'd bet there was a "starting level NBA PG" in there somewhere right?

Did you know when a team has a foul to give late in the game it's best to use it early enough as to prevent a shot from going up while reducing the loss of precious time? C'mon.

Felton and allstar nods... really? I thought that was a popularity contest. Maybe its me. Didn't AI and TMAC get enough votes to start an allstar game with putrid outputs?

see: http://blog.mlive.com/ottoman-empir...l-star_means_fans_should_lose_their_vote.html

Allstar votes... we're talking allstar votes?

My god just stfu you imbecile.

Are you aware of the effects of increased possessions?

Did they teach you that it's best when 6'10 guys come into the league and shoot threes? You poor hostage, predisposed to believing in European Mike. Unable to decipher the exact reasoning why with better players we are exhibiting a break down in fundamentals... by commodities that were deservedly viewed as perennial allstars.

Can't find the answer, the common theme? Really? Well I'm now sleepy and yawning because for some reason this is still a point if contention.

Maybe I'll go outside and practice my jumper like the Europeans do. :teeth:

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
^^^^^^^^^Where the f*ck you at IsayUghh?

Flapping your jibs?

We're waiting.

:teeth:

Sorry, Red; I missed this segment of the Daily D'antoni tabloid that you contributed to, as Editor in Queef. It's all starting to mold into one giant piece of satire at this point.

But thx for the reminder. Consider me your surgeon, helping you get healthy. Let the dissection begin, :director:

I'll entertain myself by formulating how much dumber I can make you look. Let me guess... you're European. Or your parents are.

:no: Strike One! A big queefing whiff to start you off. On a sale of -10 to 0, how would you rate your instincts and accuracy of opinion?

See... now I feel foolish.

Well that was factually incorrect. Maybe you are concluding, that being Gallo is European, in some way his play justifies our ill faded approach.

Do you know how dumb you sound? Have you even considered that maybe Carl is a better coach

Well, you at least got the first part right.

Just tossing me floaters right down the middle; maybe you don't surgery, so much as therapy, to cure you of this compulsion of receiving smackdowns. :whack:

Fact: You referenced European approaches to the game as being "ineffective" and that we need to cleanse our team of this approach. Many other times, you have said similar, but even more flamboyant statements against "Eurpean ball".

Fact: When Gallo was a Knick, you often knocked him referencing his "European" days, and that his game was influenced by D'antoni/European style.

A day after a "European" player beasts down our throats (who you used to deride *citing* his European background and style of play), I find it ironic.

Don't insinuate and make such incorrect, generalized statements, and you won't leave yourself so exposed.

So, my "intimation" was just that you don't know what you're talking about when you mention Euro ball. And when you sound off about "Euro ball", repeatedly critiquing players and coaches with that reference, it is sound and fury signifying nothing but you reaching to keep making arguments against MDA, like a hampster spinning in it's wheel, in search of the elusive victory.

Pots and kettles my friend. Except you seem to be the one reaching judging by your statements above. Yes Ughh, I am allergic to poor ill concieved unproven concepts; and overpaid, over-hyped coaches who produce the other thing I am allergic to, losing. What can I say I'm a winner. And real recognizes real.

You sound like the old-school dinosaurs of baseball, with their narrow-minded and dogmatic thoughts on what works, and what is real.

D'antoni the Moneyball to your "Why, that boy doesn't LOOK like a TRUE slugger" antiquated perspective.

Sorry, but when you MDA's offensive philosophy is "unproven" and "ill-conceived", reality says you are dead ****ing wrong, hombre :smokin:

*Coach of the Year
*Polled as one of the top 2 most sought after and respected coaches to play for by NBA players
*Oversaw one of the most successful NBA offenses in the history of the game

Players, coaches, the league, statistics, and history disagree with you.

Really, I have no clue what you are talking about. My opinions of Gallo, were just that, opinions. Based on my analysis at the time.

:thewave: Let's do the wave, as the world waves away the credibility of your opinions and analysis once again.

Much like your analysis and opinions were wrong about Gallo, so to are they about D'antoni.

Don't make me go dig up some of your most flamboyantly, outrageously wrong posts about Gallo.

It's simple, though. Based on you analysis at this time, you are wrong about D'antoni. That's all.

I just referenced Gallo because of how often you have mentioned European players, D'antoni players, and how you have tethered your opinions on Gallo with your opinions on D'antoni in the past.

You're wasting time talking about Gallo over and over, when it is something where you've already been proven wrong. It's taking spotlight away from proving you wrong on D'antoni.

The rest of your post just isn't relevant, though it is still riddled with inaccuracies.

Yes, Felton was having a career year. Get over it, Red, reality and history aren't going to change to suit your agenda and desires.

And a PG would obviously have a profound impact on this team, for a variety of precise reasons which shouldn't need to be tutored to you over and over.

We all know how bad you fear a PG coming here while MDA is still around.

Because in due time we will seeing a vintage MDA team, with the benefit of DPOY-talents in a true Center:

*players having career years
*rookies and young players playing well, and above their draft selections
*exceeding expectations, and contending

Red

TYPE-A
:teeth:

Sorry, Red; I missed this segment of the Daily D'antoni tabloid that you contributed to, as Editor in Queef. It's all starting to mold into one giant piece of satire at this point.

But thx for the reminder. Consider me your surgeon, helping you get healthy. Let the dissection begin, :director:

:no: Strike One! A big queefing whiff to start you off. On a sale of -10 to 0, how would you rate your instincts and accuracy of opinion?

Well, you at least got the first part right.

Just tossing me floaters right down the middle; maybe you don't surgery, so much as therapy, to cure you of this compulsion of receiving smackdowns. :whack:

^^^ FAIL. You wrote mad lines, but made NO points.

Fact: You referenced European approaches to the game as being "ineffective" and that we need to cleanse our team of this approach. Many other times, you have said similar, but even more flamboyant statements against "Eurpean ball".

Fact: When Gallo was a Knick, you often knocked him referencing his "European" days, and that his game was influenced by D'antoni/European style.

Could you try any harder to look silly? Referencing his European days? His game was influenced by European style?

Gosh, you do know we are in a basketball forum right? Have there been MANY players "INFLUENCED" by D'Antoni and his approach?

The answer is clearly yes. See Jorts shoots mad threes. Damn, were you watching? Couldn't figure out why that happened? Hint: Coaching (or lack there of).

A day after a "European" player beasts down our throats (who you used to deride *citing* his European background and style of play), I find it ironic.

Don't insinuate and make such incorrect, generalized statements, and you won't leave yourself so exposed.

I think your emotions are getting the best of you. Now you're rambling on again, without making a point. Let me help you.

I don't agree with the approach (that has nothing to do with where the player is from), a different coach used a different approach, coaching the same player (validity) and as you say... he beasted.

+1 for me and Gallo making my point that the COACH was the difference. But further, again you ignored my point (emotions can do that) which was, we had a small forward that was more than capable (and IF you were correct would have been even better because MDA is soooo great) YET WE DRAFTED A SF!!!! Hello I thought you NEEDED a guard. Fail.

BTW there were guards still on the board, but were turned down after being scouted by MOA... one bested too! Don't hear you saying anything about that. Epic Fail.

Every one of Jennings 36 points made MOA look dumber than you do right now. Amazing right? Yep lets ignore the real relevant facts.

Continue...

So, my "intimation" was just that you don't know what you're talking about when you mention Euro ball. And when you sound off about "Euro ball", repeatedly critiquing players and coaches with that reference, it is sound and fury signifying nothing but you reaching to keep making arguments against MDA, like a hampster spinning in it's wheel, in search of the elusive victory.

See the verdict is in please. Same points still apply. Reading comprehension my G. Further proof of your lack of knowledge to come...

You sound like the old-school dinosaurs of baseball, with their narrow-minded and dogmatic thoughts on what works, and what is real.

D'antoni the Moneyball to your "Why, that boy doesn't LOOK like a TRUE slugger" antiquated perspective.

Sorry, but when you MDA's offensive philosophy is "unproven" and "ill-conceived", reality says you are dead ****ing wrong, hombre :smokin:

LOL Money Ball? Word? Were the A's won 20 straight only to be beat. Yup that sounds like you. 20 lines just to be beat. Try harder pal.

Let's see this next one...

*Coach of the Year
*Polled as one of the top 2 most sought after and respected coaches to play for by NBA players
*Oversaw one of the most successful NBA offenses in the history of the game

Players, coaches, the league, statistics, and history disagree with you.

Wow an old poll answered based on perception. So where is D'Antoni's contract extension? Where was the demand in PHX? Oh wait, the SUNS disagree with you. EVERYONE WHO MADE MOA GET A DEFENSIVE ASSISTANT VALIDATES MY POINT...HELLO? You getting this? Are you familiar with economics... where is the demand? Let me put it this way

The GM's, guys IN CHARGE of MONEY (not anonymous player polls) SAY I'm RIGHT, They disagree with you. THEY (ALL THREE) FELT MOA lacked in defense!!!! Kerr gave him an ultimatum because he saw he was weak. Thats considering his record and such.

Walsh tried to draft as per MOA and when he saw he was a failure, left us with a drafted (TD too) defensive PG. Grunfeld thought so too. He moved a PG for guess what.... size and defense. They agree with me.

BTW... a player NOT anonymously speaking Charles Barkley (and more) yes a 50 greatest player of all time says MDA and his style doesn't work. And yes he's said it many times. Does that make a difference now?

Coach of the year. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... you use that to vilify your point. Poor fan. You haven't played any ball have you? We know. But I'm the one who's narrow-minded.

So someone who doesn't play basketball is approached with this brilliant sounding idea of how to reinvent the wheel...

and you bought it... sucker!

Step right up.

Let's do the wave, as the world waves away the credibility of your opinions and analysis once again.

Much like your analysis and opinions were wrong about Gallo, so to are they about D'antoni.

Don't make me go dig up some of your most flamboyantly, outrageously wrong posts about Gallo.

It's simple, though. Based on you analysis at this time, you are wrong about D'antoni. That's all.

I just referenced Gallo because of how often you have mentioned European players, D'antoni players, and how you have tethered your opinions on Gallo with your opinions on D'antoni in the past.

You're wasting time talking about Gallo over and over, when it is something where you've already been proven wrong. It's taking spotlight away from proving you wrong on D'antoni.

The rest of your post just isn't relevant, though it is still riddled with inaccuracies.

Yes, Felton was having a career year. Get over it, Red, reality and history aren't going to change to suit your agenda and desires.

And a PG would obviously have a profound impact on this team, for a variety of precise reasons which shouldn't need to be tutored to you over and over.

We all know how bad you fear a PG coming here while MDA is still around.

Because in due time we will seeing a vintage MDA team, with the benefit of DPOY-talents in a true Center:

*players having career years
*rookies and young players playing well, and above their draft selections
*exceeding expectations, and contending

Yeah they're questioning my credibility alright. I think it's obvious who know what and who's selling what. Thanks for your emotional comments used to buttress your views. Its clear your feelings have clouded your judgement.

Again you can't argue with me no matter what style I call it. If you want to get technical we could do that too. We can break down tape as some knowledgeable posters have. We can talk coach talk if you're up to it.

Believe me you don't belong in a conversation with me. You're a fan and thats it. You have no clue what's going on, so I'll keep it remedial if you'd like.

You certainly aren't speaking from experience. So the next time I say "is this what you were taught" don't bother we know the answer. That doesn't pertain to you for lack of experience. Thats cool. Just play your part fan.

However you want to do it, I can teach you how to play, to recognize exactly what you are seeing, but you have to pipe down your emotions.

It's Euro influenced. SSOL, spread Pick and Roll, whatever same concepts.

You have many weak points and it's clear you are a novice at best, so when I teach you, i'll take it slow, and begin with the fundamentals. Give it a few years and maybe you'll be ready for advanced basketball. Ok?

Don't waste our time getting inflamed about the term EURO. Thats lesson one, players don't get offended about the term EURO. Ok? Now go home and study son, we have work to do.

PS maybe your dad is European? Grandma?

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^^^ FAIL. You wrote mad lines, but made NO points.

Could you try any harder to look silly? Referencing his European days? His game was influenced by European style?

Gosh, you do know we are in a basketball forum right? Have there been MANY players "INFLUENCED" by D'Antoni and his approach?

The answer is clearly yes. See Jorts shoots mad threes. Damn, were you watching? Couldn't figure out why that happened? Hint: Coaching (or lack there of).

I think your emotions are getting the best of you. Now you're rambling on again, without making a point. Let me help you.

I don't agree with the approach (that has nothing to do with where the player is from), a different coach used a different approach, coaching the same player (validity) and as you say... he beasted.

+1 for me and Gallo making my point that the COACH was the difference. But further, again you ignored my point (emotions can do that) which was, we had a small forward that was more than capable (and IF you were correct would have been even better because MDA is soooo great) YET WE DRAFTED A SF!!!! Hello I thought you NEEDED a guard. Fail.

BTW there were guards still on the board, but were turned down after being scouted by MOA... one bested too! Don't hear you saying anything about that. Epic Fail.

Every one of Jennings 36 points made MOA look dumber than you do right now. Amazing right? Yep lets ignore the real relevant facts.

Continue...

See the verdict is in please. Same points still apply. Reading comprehension my G. Further proof of your lack of knowledge to come...

LOL Money Ball? Word? Were the A's won 20 straight only to be beat. Yup that sounds like you. 20 lines just to be beat. Try harder pal.

Let's see this next one...

Wow an old poll answered based on perception. So where is D'Antoni's contract extension? Where was the demand in PHX? Oh wait, the SUNS disagree with you. EVERYONE WHO MADE MOA GET A DEFENSIVE ASSISTANT VALIDATES MY POINT...HELLO? You getting this? Are you familiar with economics... where is the demand? Let me put it this way

The GM's, guys IN CHARGE of MONEY (not anonymous player polls) SAY I'm RIGHT, They disagree with you. THEY (ALL THREE) FELT MOA lacked in defense!!!! Kerr gave him an ultimatum because he saw he was weak. Thats considering his record and such.

Walsh tried to draft as per MOA and when he saw he was a failure, left us with a drafted (TD too) defensive PG. Grunfeld thought so too. He moved a PG for guess what.... size and defense. They agree with me.

BTW... a player NOT anonymously speaking Charles Barkley (and more) yes a 50 greatest player of all time says MDA and his style doesn't work. And yes he's said it many times. Does that make a difference now?

Coach of the year. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... you use that to vilify your point. Poor fan. You haven't played any ball have you? We know. But I'm the one who's narrow-minded.

So someone who doesn't play basketball is approached with this brilliant sounding idea of how to reinvent the wheel...

and you bought it... sucker!

Step right up.

Yeah they're questioning my credibility alright. I think it's obvious who know what and who's selling what. Thanks for your emotional comments used to buttress your views. Its clear your feelings have clouded your judgement.

Again you can't argue with me no matter what style I call it. If you want to get technical we could do that too. We can break down tape as some knowledgeable posters have. We can talk coach talk if you're up to it.

Believe me you don't belong in a conversation with me. You're a fan and thats it. You have no clue what's going on, so I'll keep it remedial if you'd like.

You certainly aren't speaking from experience. So the next time I say "is this what you were taught" don't bother we know the answer. That doesn't pertain to you for lack of experience. Thats cool. Just play your part fan.

However you want to do it, I can teach you how to play, to recognize exactly what you are seeing, but you have to pipe down your emotions.

It's Euro influenced. SSOL, spread Pick and Roll, whatever same concepts.

You have many weak points and it's clear you are a novice at best, so when I teach you, i'll take it slow, and begin with the fundamentals. Give it a few years and maybe you'll be ready for advanced basketball. Ok?

Don't waste our time getting inflamed about the term EURO. Thats lesson one, players don't get offended about the term EURO. Ok? Now go home and study son, we have work to do.

PS maybe your dad is European? Grandma?

I think one Euro- bball - god would disagree w you.. Dirk, a big man who stands away from the basket, shoots from the perimeter and can do a bit of everything.

Granted Dallas played a more half-court oriented style on offense, alot of times theyd spread the perimeter as in MDAs offense, move the ball well, play drive n kick, run some pick and roll n shoot the open 3. I felt like i was watching MDAs offense many times last yr in the finals, but w proper talent operating it, an experienced point to direct traffic, shooters/ scorers in Marion/Terry/ Barea n Dirk tilting the floor (getting doubled n making teams pick their poison, or just driving n kicking) w his uber Euroball style you despise so much. Dallas threw in Chandler n he helped glue together the some of the holes in the D that Dirk n Kidd created. They r not adequate defenderz. Similar to Melo n Amare.

We're trying to do what they did, albeit w a more sped (which i think can work w adequate PG play) up offense. But the basic formula is the same: mix Euro style ball w solid defense, an amalgam that has proved highly potent.

You need a complete team though and you miss that. Your hatred for this coach has spiraled out of balance n you can no longer show even a shred of objectivity.

This backcourt we have is still terrible. Melo still hasnt found his way in our offense. The defense still needs to get better also. This is on the players to figure out on the court. Too many times they go under screens or rotate poorly. Im sure MDA or Woodson points these things out in the film rm n they will get better. The players have to execute though.

The most important thing i can say is that we need a PG who can run the show. Lack of gd pointguard play is killing us. Melo is a competent passer but he can not have the offense run thru him, atleast not yet. It pains me that we have either TD, a rookie or Bibby as our best alternatives. This simply will NOT get it done in the NBA. Our frontline is gd, but not that gd. Even Bird, Parish n Mchale needed Dennis Johnson We need solid play from our backcourt. Every team does. This is fundmental piece that you miss Red. Even your traditional inside -out type teams need adequate play from the back court. Its not specific to any particular style a team plays. It comez back to players. It always does. Can you acknowledge this? Or will you continue to act as if the glaring holez our team has arent there? Wake up Red..

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
Doesn't our team's record tell the whole story? There's no need to even write more than 2 lines about it. A team full of All-stars that can't score or win for that matter is a failure... That directly falls on the coaches head. Fire D'Antoni... There's no way to argue otherwise!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Doesn't our team's record tell the whole story? There's no need to even write more than 2 lines about it. A team full of All-stars that can't score or win for that matter is a failure... That directly falls on the coaches head. Fire D'Antoni... There's no way to argue otherwise!

Okay Kingof NY it's that simple.. Who plays and how they play doesn't matter at all.. Never did. Youre right.

Red

TYPE-A
I think one Euro- bball - god would disagree w you.. Dirk, a big man who stands away from the basket, shoots from the perimeter and can do a bit of everything.

Granted Dallas played a more half-court oriented style on offense, alot of times theyd spread the perimeter as in MDAs offense, move the ball well, play drive n kick, run some pick and roll n shoot the open 3. I felt like i was watching MDAs offense many times last yr in the finals, but w proper talent operating it, an experienced point to direct traffic, shooters/ scorers in Marion/Terry/ Barea n Dirk tilting the floor (getting doubled n making teams pick their poison, or just driving n kicking) w his uber Euroball style you despise so much. Dallas threw in Chandler n he helped glue together the some of the holes in the D that Dirk n Kidd created. They r not adequate defenderz. Similar to Melo n Amare.

We're trying to do what they did, albeit w a more sped (which i think can work w adequate PG play) up offense. But the basic formula is the same: mix Euro style ball w solid defense, an amalgam that has proved highly potent.

You need a complete team though and you miss that. Your hatred for this coach has spiraled out of balance n you can no longer show even a shred of objectivity.

This backcourt we have is still terrible. Melo still hasnt found his way in our offense. The defense still needs to get better also. This is on the players to figure out on the court. Too many times they go under screens or rotate poorly. Im sure MDA or Woodson points these things out in the film rm n they will get better. The players have to execute though.

The most important thing i can say is that we need a PG who can run the show. Lack of gd pointguard play is killing us. Melo is a competent passer but he can not have the offense run thru him, atleast not yet. It pains me that we have either TD, a rookie or Bibby as our best alternatives. This simply will NOT get it done in the NBA. Our frontline is gd, but not that gd. Even Bird, Parish n Mchale needed Dennis Johnson We need solid play from our backcourt. Every team does. This is fundmental piece that you miss Red. Even your traditional inside -out type teams need adequate play from the back court. Its not specific to any particular style a team plays. It comez back to players. It always does. Can you acknowledge this? Or will you continue to act as if the glaring holez our team has arent there? Wake up Red..

But Ron... We've had Plenty of chances to draft a pg... what happened? Tell us Ron, IF a PG is so imperative why didn't we draft one when we had the chance? TELL US WHY RON PLEASE.

Then explain to us when we got Chauncey Billups why was there so much negativity Ron? Why was a former finals MVP, veteran PG, with an outside shot, who can deliver both passing and in the clutch, NOT the right PG, RON? Please entertain us.

You see RON those (and many other instances) seem to have NOT been considered.

What it says, what I've been saying is THAT YOU'RE NOT LOOKING FOR A PG! YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC TYPE OF PG... AND when you NEED a specific type it is clear you (coach) are LIMITED!!!!!! Not a genius. LIMITED therefore you deserve no extra chances to offer excuses,

Nor will we entertain his shell game of who you NEED because we all know you have us looking for 1 of maybe 3 players ON THE F*CKING PLANET!

Stop. Address those questions I posed or stop embarrassing yourself.

PS. When the Best PG you actually had (Billups) got here...
HE DETESTED THE MIKE D'ANTONI WAY. The best PG Mike had since being here STILL DIDN'T FIT.

One of the PG's (Jennings) available to draft, shape, mold into Whatever your imaginary PG MOA & YOU keep trying to sell us & you keep clamoring for WAS AVAILABILE! What happened?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
But Ron... We've had Plenty of chances to draft a pg... what happened? Tell us Ron, IF a PG is so imperative why didn't we draft one when we had the chance? TELL US WHY RON PLEASE.

Then explain to us when we got Chauncey Billups why was there so much negativity Ron? Why was a former finals MVP, veteran PG, with an outside shot, who can deliver both passing and in the clutch, NOT the right PG, RON? Please entertain us.

What it says, what I've been saying is THAT YOU'RE NOT LOOKING FOR A PG! YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC TYPE OF PG... AND when you NEED a specific type it is clear you (coach) are LIMITED!!!!!! Not a genius. LIMITED therefore you deserve no extra chances to offer excuses,

Nor will we entertain his shell game of who you NEED because we all know you have us looking for 1 of maybe 3 players ON THE F*CKING PLANET!

HE DETESTED THE MIKE D'ANTONI WAY. The best PG Mike had since being here STILL DIDN'T FIT.

One of the PG's (Jennings) available to draft, shape, mold into Whatever your imaginary PG MOA & YOU keep trying to sell us & you keep clamoring for WAS AVAILABILE! What happened?

i never embarrass myself on this forum red. my post was full of knowledge n context, as will be my response. i will answer each of your questions in full a lil later.

Red

TYPE-A
i never embarrass myself on this forum red. my post was full of knowledge n context, as will be my response. i will answer each of your questions in full a lil later.

Im here.

You say MOA needs a PG.

Why didn't we draft one until now?

Why did MOA turn TD into a SG?

Why did some beef, or complain regarding Billups? Who I might add was not only the best PG we could provide, but again, even he didn't agree with MOA's approach.

Doesn't that invalidate your claims of needing a PG?

Doesn't that make the "we need a PG" a generated excuse; especially knowing our cap situation makes that highly unlikely seeing as it's just not any(but one that has some mysterious specific traits) PG? Isn't that unrealistic?

Isn't that an indication of a limitation?

Remember we had NO defense? Even with Felton WE HAD NEXT TO THE WORSE DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE... didn't we need size?

Didn't we get size? And defense? So what now... you "need" something else?

Again, who is RESPONSIBLE for us shooting 35 threes?

For us shooting 23 threes in the 1st half of tonight's MIA game, on pace to shoot 46 threes?

Do we have a three point contest winner? Larry Bird?

Seriously. At this point, clamoring for another piece, a piece that doesn't seem realistic unless it's Nash with 5 years removed, makes MOA and his supporters look exposed.

Every coach including championship coaches will say they could use an uber great upgrade at a position, every one of them! Thats overstating the obvious.

But when a coach says they NEED this and after examining we see they NEEDED something else before, then something else again, it seems like a game to buy time. Now tell me I don't have a point.:poke:

It seems like you (MOA) knew we could never get who exactly you wanted, and knowing this you had us on a wild goose chase. Does it not?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Ummm. Draft position. I think we got the best one we could get this year. In the past we should have taken Brandon Jennings. That's on Donnie. I think he'd tell you he f-ed that up.

I'm not sure I know what you're getting at here. I don't remember all of this negativity stewing between MDA and Billups. Maybe your transfering some of your overflow of feelings Red. Idk..

No they have been. This team was incomplete coming into the season. Everyone thought TD would take some kind of step, but he took a step back. Shumpert is a rookie and a scoring type. We just don't have enough in the back court. Idk how else to say it.

No we had Felton who was great in this system. We rightly gave him up for Melo and then prudently showed Billups the door so we could get Chandler. We don't need the greatest PG in the world, just someone who's pass-first and can shoot it (not too much to ask lol) a lil bit. We will get a PG eventually. And we will thrive. I don't see MDA getting fired anytime soon honestly, but I could be wrong.

Re the negativity again: This is conjecture.

Billups is not a true PG. That's the reason why he didn't fit and was deemed expendable.

Are you blaming MDA for Donnie not drafting Jennings? Next you'll be blaming him for the unemployment rate, or for recent rainy weather .. Stop.

You didn't address one of the succinct, cogent basketball points from my previous post and yet I answered all of your questions. This is lame as has been the case w your posting of late.. Wake up Red!

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Im here.

You say MOA needs a PG.

Why didn't we draft one until now?

Why did MOA turn TD into a SG?

Why did some beef, or complain regarding Billups? Who I might add was not only the best PG we could provide, but again, even he didn't agree with MOA's approach.

Doesn't that invalidate your claims of needing a PG?

Doesn't that make the "we need a PG" a generated excuse; especially knowing our cap situation makes that highly unlikely seeing as it's just not any(but one that has some mysterious specific traits) PG? Isn't that unrealistic?

Isn't that an indication of a limitation?

Remember we had NO defense? Even with Felton WE HAD NEXT TO THE WORSE DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE... didn't we need size?

Didn't we get size? And defense? So what now... you "need" something else?

Again, who is RESPONSIBLE for us shooting 35 threes?

For us shooting 23 threes in the 1st half of tonight's MIA game, on pace to shoot 46 threes?

Do we have a three point contest winner? Larry Bird?

Seriously. At this point, clamoring for another piece, a piece that doesn't seem realistic unless it's Nash with 5 years removed, makes MOA and his supporters look exposed.

Every coach including championship coaches will say they could use an uber great upgrade at a position, every one of them! Thats overstating the obvious.

But when a coach says they NEED this and after examining we see they NEEDED something else before, then something else again, it seems like a game to buy time. Now tell me I don't have a point.:poke:

It seems like you (MOA) knew we could never get who exactly you wanted, and knowing this you had us on a wild goose chase. Does it not?

You sound like you forgot to take your medication in this post.

Again why should I even bother replying point by point when you ignore my arguments?? Instead you pepper me w illogical, drunk-sounding questions and try to pass it off like you actually said something of merit.

Simply put, YOU CANNOT NOT ARGUE W ME ON BASKETBALL. I will argue a basketball topic to it's logical end, chasing you off of whatever nonsense you're spewing at any given moment.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ +1

LOL @Red's fantasies about all this controversy from when Billups was here.

The only real controversy was Billups expressing from the outset he didn't want to be traded from DEN; kinda like how he didn't like LEAVING us either to end up bouncing to LAC.

It's like Red gets paid by the National Enquirer to run a basketball forum edition.

Also, Billups sucks. Ask any Clippers fan. Or his current play this year. He's over the hill, and yet his ego and mouth won't accept it.

He was also EXTREMELY overpaid.

And this "specific" "1 to 3 players" in the world emo-nonsense for the type of PG "MDA needs" is just more bullsht.

You really couldn't expose your lack of knowledge and perspective any more clearly.

Even *if* your general point of MDA not being a good coach is right....90+% of why you think that's the case and use as support for your arguments is 100% inaccurate and wrong.

The way you constantly bump your posts and threads, it's legit like you see yourself as some online forum version of Montel (or is Wendy) Williams, trying to expose MDA. :lol:

Which makes sense? Since outside of your MDA Derangement Syndrome you come across very logical and aware.

iSaYughh

Starter
LOL Money Ball? Word? Were the A's won 20 straight only to be beat.

This really shows your ignorance extending not just to pro basketball, but to all sports..and really all games.

Your logic is inherently flawed.

It's why when you say something like MDA is a fail because the Suns never happened to have won a title (a claim that gets parroted a lot), you lose credibility.

You don't even need to know basketball to be able to dissect the logical inaccuracies that riddle the foundations of what you then base your claims off of.

If we look at reality as defined by statistics and fact your arguments lose every time. And all you have to support yourself are claims that can't be truly proven or disproven, but you think if you scream and cry loud enough and often enough that they will be true.

Let's go back to one reality, which you and others like to dodge so often:

MDA exceeded your expectations for our team performance, as well as most analysts, last the year. The only year here that anyone thought we could even say the word Playoffs without looking like a fool.

He has had a plethora of players have career years under him.

He has been there from ground up with multiple rookies who exceeded expectations

You suffer from one logical fallacy known as the 'movable goal post'. I dissected you and Kiya with this last year. Every time reality disproved your contention, you simply shift the frame of debate to something else.

Truthfully, you've lost this entire debate long, long ago. And yes, I spend more (but not all) my time of late critiquing you not point by point (which I've done many times in the past), but exposing the underlying logical fallacies and ignorance you show, which *leads* you to then say just ludicrous things, passing them off as fact.

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
You sound like you forgot to take your medication in this post.

Again why should I even bother replying point by point when you ignore my arguments?? Instead you pepper me w illogical, drunk-sounding questions and try to pass it off like you actually said something of merit.

Simply put, YOU CANNOT NOT ARGUE W ME ON BASKETBALL. I will argue a basketball topic to it's logical end, chasing you off of whatever nonsense you're spewing at any given moment.

YOU"RE BEING EMOTIONAL RON< NOT SAYING ANYTHING! ROOKIE! HAHAHAHAHAH.

;)

Truthfully, you won't ever win the argument, per say. There will always be another location for Red (or whomever) to shfit the goal post, to, or some other superficial thing to say that changes the topic.

Which is why you truthfully won the debate the second Red made those remarks about Felton...or Billups...or Euroball. Which are just flamboyantly inaccurate.

Mafra, another otherwise very intelligent person....Said something about how horrible MDA is because we just shoot 3's, and that 3's are such a low % shot and not quality.

When in reality, MDA doesn't particularly endorse 3's in any way.

No more than most teams needing a few guys with range to keep defenses honest and spread the floor.

In reality, the 3 being a low % shot is meaningless. And a superficiality in the analysis that hides the underlying truth.

*cue Moneyball analogy, again.

Which is the fact that the 3 can be one of the most efficient and winning shots in all of basketball: particularly, the corner 3.

It's a smart, enlightened way of playing basketball.

And the reason a SSOL/MDA team takes many 3's is because his "system" -- which truthfully is about spacing, timing, flow, and freedom, not 3 pt shooting-- is one that creates many opportunities *for* extremely efficient, winning 3 pt shots.

EDIT -- and if you want to know why we lost the MIA game, it has nothing to do with MDA being a poor coach. It's because we committed 9 more turnovers because we are an incomplete team with green players and we do not have a floor general; it's because Amare shot, what, 5/15? And again, that is because he excels in Pick n Rolls, and an offense based upon movement and spacing, which require an NBA PG, like most offenses do, and is

Kinda like the exact type of offense MDA knows better than anyone else. The same offense that made STAT look like an MVP last year, and made him one of the best PF's in the game since he was drafted out of highschool and coached. Under MDA.

Deal.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
And the reason a SSOL/MDA team takes many 3's is because his "system" -- which truthfully is about spacing, timing, flow, and freedom, not 3 pt shooting-- is one that creates many opportunities *for* extremely efficient, winning 3 pt shots.

EDIT -- and if you want to know why we lost the MIA game, it has nothing to do with MDA being a poor coach. It's because we committed 9 more turnovers because we are an incomplete team with green players and we do not have a floor general; it's because Amare shot, what, 5/15? And again, that is because he excels in Pick n Rolls, and an offense based upon movement and spacing, which require an NBA PG, like most offenses do, and is

Kinda like the exact type of offense MDA knows better than anyone else. The same offense that made STAT look like an MVP last year, and made him one of the best PF's in the game since he was drafted out of highschool and coached. Under MDA.

Deal.

The bolded is pure fact. Many people on the forum have misconceptions about what it means to play MDA's way.

They see the ugly side of the offense as players grow into the system and think that's what it's about.

His offense simply encompasses intelligent, innovative, efficient ways of getting the best shot possible. That's it.

Red

TYPE-A
Ron & Ughh...

I can respect your opinions but I have to call truce. I can see what the issue is here between us and I'll agree to disagree.

KingofNy

Starter
Ron & Ughh...

I can respect your opinions but I have to call truce. I can see what the issue is here between us and I'll agree to disagree.

Seriously... Don't stress about it Red. Ron & Ughh are so far behind the curve it doesn't even make sense arguing with them unless you want to get back 5 replies with 2000 words on why D'Antoni is the best coach in the NBA and all our players/past picks & trades suck and how we're bad because we don't have Raymond Felton anymore. lol

They're obviously delirious and can't admit when they're wrong. We can go 0 for the next 30 and they'll still be making excuses for D'Antoni like he's Phil Jackson. I bet they're both hard right wing morons with no ability to change their views. Just guessing.

BTW... Why are they never around on game day? ;)