Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 64

Thread: Baron Davis likely to play against the Rockets or Pistons

  1. #31
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    But Ron... We've had Plenty of chances to draft a pg... what happened? Tell us Ron, IF a PG is so imperative why didn't we draft one when we had the chance? TELL US WHY RON PLEASE.

    Then explain to us when we got Chauncey Billups why was there so much negativity Ron? Why was a former finals MVP, veteran PG, with an outside shot, who can deliver both passing and in the clutch, NOT the right PG, RON? Please entertain us.

    You see RON those (and many other instances) seem to have NOT been considered.

    What it says, what I've been saying is THAT YOU'RE NOT LOOKING FOR A PG! YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC TYPE OF PG... AND when you NEED a specific type it is clear you (coach) are LIMITED!!!!!! Not a genius. LIMITED therefore you deserve no extra chances to offer excuses,

    Nor will we entertain his shell game of who you NEED because we all know you have us looking for 1 of maybe 3 players ON THE F*CKING PLANET!

    Stop. Address those questions I posed or stop embarrassing yourself.

    PS. When the Best PG you actually had (Billups) got here...
    HE DETESTED THE MIKE D'ANTONI WAY. The best PG Mike had since being here STILL DIDN'T FIT.

    One of the PG's (Jennings) available to draft, shape, mold into Whatever your imaginary PG MOA & YOU keep trying to sell us & you keep clamoring for WAS AVAILABILE! What happened?
    i never embarrass myself on this forum red. my post was full of knowledge n context, as will be my response. i will answer each of your questions in full a lil later.

  2. #32
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Cool

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    i never embarrass myself on this forum red. my post was full of knowledge n context, as will be my response. i will answer each of your questions in full a lil later.
    Im here.

    You say MOA needs a PG.

    Why didn't we draft one until now?

    Why did MOA turn TD into a SG?

    Why did some beef, or complain regarding Billups? Who I might add was not only the best PG we could provide, but again, even he didn't agree with MOA's approach.

    Doesn't that invalidate your claims of needing a PG?

    Doesn't that make the "we need a PG" a generated excuse; especially knowing our cap situation makes that highly unlikely seeing as it's just not any(but one that has some mysterious specific traits) PG? Isn't that unrealistic?

    Isn't that an indication of a limitation?

    Remember we had NO defense? Even with Felton WE HAD NEXT TO THE WORSE DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE... didn't we need size?

    Didn't we get size? And defense? So what now... you "need" something else?

    Again, who is RESPONSIBLE for us shooting 35 threes?

    For us shooting 23 threes in the 1st half of tonight's MIA game, on pace to shoot 46 threes?

    Do we have a three point contest winner? Larry Bird?

    Seriously. At this point, clamoring for another piece, a piece that doesn't seem realistic unless it's Nash with 5 years removed, makes MOA and his supporters look exposed.

    Every coach including championship coaches will say they could use an uber great upgrade at a position, every one of them! Thats overstating the obvious.

    But when a coach says they NEED this and after examining we see they NEEDED something else before, then something else again, it seems like a game to buy time. Now tell me I don't have a point.

    It seems like you (MOA) knew we could never get who exactly you wanted, and knowing this you had us on a wild goose chase. Does it not?

  3. #33
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    But Ron... We've had Plenty of chances to draft a pg... what happened? Tell us Ron, IF a PG is so imperative why didn't we draft one when we had the chance? TELL US WHY RON PLEASE.
    Ummm. Draft position. I think we got the best one we could get this year. In the past we should have taken Brandon Jennings. That's on Donnie. I think he'd tell you he f-ed that up.

    Originally Posted by Red
    Then explain to us when we got Chauncey Billups why was there so much negativity Ron? Why was a former finals MVP, veteran PG, with an outside shot, who can deliver both passing and in the clutch, NOT the right PG, RON? Please entertain us.
    I'm not sure I know what you're getting at here. I don't remember all of this negativity stewing between MDA and Billups. Maybe your transfering some of your overflow of feelings Red. Idk..

    Originally Posted by Red
    You see RON those (and many other instances) seem to have NOT been considered.
    No they have been. This team was incomplete coming into the season. Everyone thought TD would take some kind of step, but he took a step back. Shumpert is a rookie and a scoring type. We just don't have enough in the back court. Idk how else to say it.

    Originally Posted by Red
    What it says, what I've been saying is THAT YOU'RE NOT LOOKING FOR A PG! YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SPECIFIC TYPE OF PG... AND when you NEED a specific type it is clear you (coach) are LIMITED!!!!!! Not a genius. LIMITED therefore you deserve no extra chances to offer excuses,

    Nor will we entertain his shell game of who you NEED because we all know you have us looking for 1 of maybe 3 players ON THE F*CKING PLANET!
    No we had Felton who was great in this system. We rightly gave him up for Melo and then prudently showed Billups the door so we could get Chandler. We don't need the greatest PG in the world, just someone who's pass-first and can shoot it (not too much to ask lol) a lil bit. We will get a PG eventually. And we will thrive. I don't see MDA getting fired anytime soon honestly, but I could be wrong.

    Originally Posted by Red
    Stop. Address those questions I posed or stop embarrassing yourself.

    PS. When the Best PG you actually had (Billups) got here...
    HE DETESTED THE MIKE D'ANTONI WAY. The best PG Mike had since being here STILL DIDN'T FIT.
    Re the negativity again: This is conjecture.

    Billups is not a true PG. That's the reason why he didn't fit and was deemed expendable.

    Originally Posted by Red
    One of the PG's (Jennings) available to draft, shape, mold into Whatever your imaginary PG MOA & YOU keep trying to sell us & you keep clamoring for WAS AVAILABILE! What happened?
    Are you blaming MDA for Donnie not drafting Jennings? Next you'll be blaming him for the unemployment rate, or for recent rainy weather .. Stop.

    You didn't address one of the succinct, cogent basketball points from my previous post and yet I answered all of your questions. This is lame as has been the case w your posting of late.. Wake up Red!
    Last edited by ronoranina; Jan 27, 2012 at 22:01.

  4. #34
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Im here.

    You say MOA needs a PG.

    Why didn't we draft one until now?

    Why did MOA turn TD into a SG?

    Why did some beef, or complain regarding Billups? Who I might add was not only the best PG we could provide, but again, even he didn't agree with MOA's approach.

    Doesn't that invalidate your claims of needing a PG?

    Doesn't that make the "we need a PG" a generated excuse; especially knowing our cap situation makes that highly unlikely seeing as it's just not any(but one that has some mysterious specific traits) PG? Isn't that unrealistic?

    Isn't that an indication of a limitation?

    Remember we had NO defense? Even with Felton WE HAD NEXT TO THE WORSE DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE... didn't we need size?

    Didn't we get size? And defense? So what now... you "need" something else?

    Again, who is RESPONSIBLE for us shooting 35 threes?

    For us shooting 23 threes in the 1st half of tonight's MIA game, on pace to shoot 46 threes?

    Do we have a three point contest winner? Larry Bird?

    Seriously. At this point, clamoring for another piece, a piece that doesn't seem realistic unless it's Nash with 5 years removed, makes MOA and his supporters look exposed.

    Every coach including championship coaches will say they could use an uber great upgrade at a position, every one of them! Thats overstating the obvious.

    But when a coach says they NEED this and after examining we see they NEEDED something else before, then something else again, it seems like a game to buy time. Now tell me I don't have a point.

    It seems like you (MOA) knew we could never get who exactly you wanted, and knowing this you had us on a wild goose chase. Does it not?
    You sound like you forgot to take your medication in this post.

    Again why should I even bother replying point by point when you ignore my arguments?? Instead you pepper me w illogical, drunk-sounding questions and try to pass it off like you actually said something of merit.

    Simply put, YOU CANNOT NOT ARGUE W ME ON BASKETBALL. I will argue a basketball topic to it's logical end, chasing you off of whatever nonsense you're spewing at any given moment.

  5. #35
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ^ +1

    LOL @Red's fantasies about all this controversy from when Billups was here.

    The only real controversy was Billups expressing from the outset he didn't want to be traded from DEN; kinda like how he didn't like LEAVING us either to end up bouncing to LAC.

    It's like Red gets paid by the National Enquirer to run a basketball forum edition.

    Also, Billups sucks. Ask any Clippers fan. Or his current play this year. He's over the hill, and yet his ego and mouth won't accept it.

    He was also EXTREMELY overpaid.

    And this "specific" "1 to 3 players" in the world emo-nonsense for the type of PG "MDA needs" is just more bullsht.

    You really couldn't expose your lack of knowledge and perspective any more clearly.

    Even *if* your general point of MDA not being a good coach is right....90+% of why you think that's the case and use as support for your arguments is 100% inaccurate and wrong.

    The way you constantly bump your posts and threads, it's legit like you see yourself as some online forum version of Montel (or is Wendy) Williams, trying to expose MDA.

    Which makes sense? Since outside of your MDA Derangement Syndrome you come across very logical and aware.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    LOL Money Ball? Word? Were the A's won 20 straight only to be beat.
    This really shows your ignorance extending not just to pro basketball, but to all sports..and really all games.

    Your logic is inherently flawed.

    It's why when you say something like MDA is a fail because the Suns never happened to have won a title (a claim that gets parroted a lot), you lose credibility.

    You don't even need to know basketball to be able to dissect the logical inaccuracies that riddle the foundations of what you then base your claims off of.

    If we look at reality as defined by statistics and fact your arguments lose every time. And all you have to support yourself are claims that can't be truly proven or disproven, but you think if you scream and cry loud enough and often enough that they will be true.

    Let's go back to one reality, which you and others like to dodge so often:

    MDA exceeded your expectations for our team performance, as well as most analysts, last the year. The only year here that anyone thought we could even say the word Playoffs without looking like a fool.

    He has had a plethora of players have career years under him.

    He has been there from ground up with multiple rookies who exceeded expectations

    You suffer from one logical fallacy known as the 'movable goal post'. I dissected you and Kiya with this last year. Every time reality disproved your contention, you simply shift the frame of debate to something else.

    Truthfully, you've lost this entire debate long, long ago. And yes, I spend more (but not all) my time of late critiquing you not point by point (which I've done many times in the past), but exposing the underlying logical fallacies and ignorance you show, which *leads* you to then say just ludicrous things, passing them off as fact.
    Last edited by iSaYughh; Jan 27, 2012 at 22:36.

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    You sound like you forgot to take your medication in this post.

    Again why should I even bother replying point by point when you ignore my arguments?? Instead you pepper me w illogical, drunk-sounding questions and try to pass it off like you actually said something of merit.

    Simply put, YOU CANNOT NOT ARGUE W ME ON BASKETBALL. I will argue a basketball topic to it's logical end, chasing you off of whatever nonsense you're spewing at any given moment.
    YOU"RE BEING EMOTIONAL RON< NOT SAYING ANYTHING! ROOKIE! HAHAHAHAHAH.



    Truthfully, you won't ever win the argument, per say. There will always be another location for Red (or whomever) to shfit the goal post, to, or some other superficial thing to say that changes the topic.

    Which is why you truthfully won the debate the second Red made those remarks about Felton...or Billups...or Euroball. Which are just flamboyantly inaccurate.

    Mafra, another otherwise very intelligent person....Said something about how horrible MDA is because we just shoot 3's, and that 3's are such a low % shot and not quality.

    When in reality, MDA doesn't particularly endorse 3's in any way.

    No more than most teams needing a few guys with range to keep defenses honest and spread the floor.

    In reality, the 3 being a low % shot is meaningless. And a superficiality in the analysis that hides the underlying truth.

    *cue Moneyball analogy, again.

    Which is the fact that the 3 can be one of the most efficient and winning shots in all of basketball: particularly, the corner 3.

    It's a smart, enlightened way of playing basketball.

    And the reason a SSOL/MDA team takes many 3's is because his "system" -- which truthfully is about spacing, timing, flow, and freedom, not 3 pt shooting-- is one that creates many opportunities *for* extremely efficient, winning 3 pt shots.

    EDIT -- and if you want to know why we lost the MIA game, it has nothing to do with MDA being a poor coach. It's because we committed 9 more turnovers because we are an incomplete team with green players and we do not have a floor general; it's because Amare shot, what, 5/15? And again, that is because he excels in Pick n Rolls, and an offense based upon movement and spacing, which require an NBA PG, like most offenses do, and is


    Kinda like the exact type of offense MDA knows better than anyone else. The same offense that made STAT look like an MVP last year, and made him one of the best PF's in the game since he was drafted out of highschool and coached. Under MDA.

    Deal.
    Last edited by iSaYughh; Jan 27, 2012 at 22:41.

  8. #38
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    And the reason a SSOL/MDA team takes many 3's is because his "system" -- which truthfully is about spacing, timing, flow, and freedom, not 3 pt shooting-- is one that creates many opportunities *for* extremely efficient, winning 3 pt shots.

    EDIT -- and if you want to know why we lost the MIA game, it has nothing to do with MDA being a poor coach. It's because we committed 9 more turnovers because we are an incomplete team with green players and we do not have a floor general; it's because Amare shot, what, 5/15? And again, that is because he excels in Pick n Rolls, and an offense based upon movement and spacing, which require an NBA PG, like most offenses do, and is


    Kinda like the exact type of offense MDA knows better than anyone else. The same offense that made STAT look like an MVP last year, and made him one of the best PF's in the game since he was drafted out of highschool and coached. Under MDA.

    Deal.
    The bolded is pure fact. Many people on the forum have misconceptions about what it means to play MDA's way.

    They see the ugly side of the offense as players grow into the system and think that's what it's about.

    His offense simply encompasses intelligent, innovative, efficient ways of getting the best shot possible. That's it.

  9. #39
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Ron & Ughh...

    I can respect your opinions but I have to call truce. I can see what the issue is here between us and I'll agree to disagree.

  10. #40
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Ron & Ughh...

    I can respect your opinions but I have to call truce. I can see what the issue is here between us and I'll agree to disagree.
    Seriously... Don't stress about it Red. Ron & Ughh are so far behind the curve it doesn't even make sense arguing with them unless you want to get back 5 replies with 2000 words on why D'Antoni is the best coach in the NBA and all our players/past picks & trades suck and how we're bad because we don't have Raymond Felton anymore. lol

    They're obviously delirious and can't admit when they're wrong. We can go 0 for the next 30 and they'll still be making excuses for D'Antoni like he's Phil Jackson. I bet they're both hard right wing morons with no ability to change their views. Just guessing.

    BTW... Why are they never around on game day?

  11. #41
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Sooooo will Baron play against the Pistons?

    I hope so man

  12. #42
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Sooooo will Baron play against the Pistons?

    I hope so man
    well i think if he is cleared to play at the rockets and doesn't strain himself in that game he should be fine to play the pistons. on the other hand if he doesn't play the rockets then he has an extra game to prep so he probably will play the pistons 100pct as long as hes not injured.

  13. #43
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    I hope so too, but Tommy Dee had something this morning about not listening to the talk, Baron isn't ready and won't rush back with the mess that's going on, and that he may not play until after the all-star break. Hope he plays soon as was being reported, I need something to be excited about, but I did read that on tkb

  14. #44
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    BTW... Why are they never around on game day?

    Foolish reach, broheem.

    When in fact I'll often make a point to post in a game thread, like I did last night after the game -- even if we've been slaughtered, and I wasn't at a computer during the game.

    And the opposite of what you're alluding to is true. When we go on winning streaks or turn corners -- last year, eg -- the most loud anti-MDA people take very, very long naps. I'll be the first to say Red is not one of those people, fwiw.

    But why let reality get in the way things?

  15. #45
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    Ron & Ughh...

    I can respect your opinions but I have to call truce. I can see what the issue is here between us and I'll agree to disagree.
    Fair enough. Not looking to waste time battling incessantly when our points have already been made loud and clear.

    Our points will be proved right or wrong in due time.

    I'm on record putting an actual metric to my opinions on MDA: the success of our team with a healthy Baron. And if he isn't healthy, that we are to see improvement and adjustments, nonetheless.

Similar Threads

  1. Baron Davis
    By joegti10 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jan 20, 2012, 22:50
  2. Replies: 22
    Last Post: Dec 29, 2011, 18:15
  3. Baron Davis
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2011, 22:44
  4. Rockets get Swift!
    By rady in forum NBA
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Jul 22, 2005, 06:03
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Sep 05, 2004, 10:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •