Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lin Is Back

Make Lin the backup to the point guard instead of Toney Douglas and let`s see what happens. It might work, it might not but the point is that we know that Toney cannot play at the point so why keep trying with something that you know doesn`t work and try something that just might . . . Oh wait, we have Dumphoney as coach.

Originally Posted by Scipio
    Make Lin the backup to the point guard instead of Toney Douglas and let`s see what happens. It might work, it might not but the point is that we know that Toney cannot play at the point so why keep trying with something that you know doesn`t work and try something that just might . . . Oh wait, we have Dumphoney as coach.
    I wish he would. Besides that he won't. The thing is Lin deserves a look. B.Davis is returning and then neither TD or Lin will see much time. We've seen TD all year, lets see Lin for 2-3 games before Davis returns.

Folks the D-league isn't the NBA. It's not where pros go. His numbers might be good in a single YMCA game also but he's far from a pro. Every team he's been on has benched him for a reason. Just imagine all those bad practices he probably has under his belt and then remember the laughing stock he was the last time he played. It was embarrassing for not just the Knicks, but the NBA as well. If you watch the clips I think the refs were laughing at him also while he stumbled around on the court. Face it, this guy is nothing but a marketing move.

I also do believe this could be a move made just as nod to Chinese fans. The Chinese new year is a 2 week event with a lot of community and family gatherings.

Veteran

Don't know why you guys think that him being Chinese and it being Chinese New Years has anything to do with him bring brought up. It's what teams do, send guys down for short stints in the dleague and then bring them back up. Seems more likely that because Lin and JJ killed it down there, the Knicks thought what are they going to learn down there.

Lin is not the answer and as bad as TD has been, I don't think Lin is better. Put your money on BD for a PG that can turn this team around.

Veteran

So forget Lin...lets just use TD AT pg THAT SEEMS TO WORK WONDERS

Originally Posted by Starks
    Folks the D-league isn't the NBA. It's not where pros go. His numbers might be good in a single YMCA game also but he's far from a pro. Every team he's been on has benched him for a reason. Just imagine all those bad practices he probably has under his belt and then remember the laughing stock he was the last time he played. It was embarrassing for not just the Knicks, but the NBA as well. If you watch the clips I think the refs were laughing at him also while he stumbled around on the court. Face it, this guy is nothing but a marketing move.

I also do believe this could be a move made just as nod to Chinese fans. The Chinese new year is a 2 week event with a lot of community and family gatherings.
    I know the d-LEAGUE isn't the NBA, but that doesn't mean that a guy can't develope there. Rookie nerves?

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Don't know why you guys think that him being Chinese and it being Chinese New Years has anything to do with him bring brought up. It's what teams do, send guys down for short stints in the dleague and then bring them back up. Seems more likely that because Lin and JJ killed it down there, the Knicks thought what are they going to learn down there.

Lin is not the answer and as bad as TD has been, I don't think Lin is better. Put your money on BD for a PG that can turn this team around.
    If you had said that about TD last year, i'd have your back, but he's regressed. Maybe Lin has progressed and the only way to find out is to see him game time. Only a fool will keep trying the same unsuccesful actions over and over again. I know TD has heart and plays hard, I love and respect him for that. But his play has taken a step back. Maybe he needs a break to regroup.

Originally Posted by tiger0330

I used to work in sales and I know how these ticket/marketing execs think. Sales is a sleazy industry

Banned

Lin chipped in some quality play in garbage time tonight. 8pts 4ast in 8 minutes. I'd like to see him climb the depth chart a bit, he's young, smart and has talent.

Veteran

Yeah seriously, Lin balled on the Bobcats tonight.

Novak is a sharpshooter from 3

And Jerome Jordan is trying to dunk his way into the rotation

Originally Posted by joegti10
    Lin chipped in some quality play in garbage time tonight. 8pts 4ast in 8 minutes. I'd like to see him climb the depth chart a bit, he's young, smart and has talent.
    Not that it a big deal but it was just under 6 minutes.
    TD with more then twice the time
    TD 14:39, had 9pts 4 ast and 2 TO, 0 rebounds
    Lins 5:54, had 8pts 4 ast and 1 TO, 2 rebounds

Now I am not saying Lin is awesome, or this is proof he's better. It's 6 minutes in one game. Just that it's obvious he's worth a better look.

I agree. What would be so wrong to rest players and let guys like Lin get a chance to play 15 minutes and see what he does. try it a few times and see if he progress'

Would rather have Ish Smith

Veteran

Ish Smith can't hit the broad side of a barn with his jump shot.

I'm looking forward to us beating the crap out of Cleveland and Lin getting more playing time!

you cant compare tony to lin yet. tony played against startes, lin played against the bench in garbage time, which is a step above playing in the d-league. the d-league is crap....lins tripple double is garbage....everyone gets tripple doubles in the d league.....its the frickin d-league. lin cud definitely use some more court time