How to Get Dwight and Cap to finish this season and to spend in July!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok, I don't believe that this Dwight to The Knicks deal is going to really happen, yet lets be real here, it really comes down to us thinking it's too good to be true, right?

But as much as I don't (or refuse to let myself belief) I have to at least examine how this coud/would work and it would work out almost perfect!

Of course a deal could not be stuck until March when Chandler would be availabe, so let's fast forward to there

We send Tyshon Chandler, Bibby and Amare to Orlando for Dwight and Nelson

We then send Nelson to Atl. for Hinrich who has not played a game yet this season and has an expiring deal who could easily just be cut or replaces Bibby

Orlando now loaded with 3 PF's sends Ryan Anderson to Min. for JJ Berea who is the odd man out with Rubio coming along so fast, Anderson fits in with Minny's style and he has an expiring deal if somehow he does not

Nelson is a good fit for what Atl. has on their roster

Orlando

JJ Berea/Bibby
Richardson
Hedo
Stat
Chandler

not a bad roster to end up with after trading your franchise player!!

For The Knicks, we will have the ability to get those incoming players from China at that point....Kmart is the first player that comes to mind, plus the minny MLE, maybe JR Smith?

Davis/Douglas/ Hinrich (a favorite of mine)
Shump/Smith
Melo/Feilds
Kmart/Jorts/Jefferies
Dwight/Jeffereis

And this summer The Knicks could have up to 18 million in cap!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
So you're thinking, pull all this stuff, and then chase D-Will in the summertime?

Who knows...

I mean, I like Amar'e (no homo). I respect the hell out of him for coming to NY (yeah, I know we offered him the max, but still) when nobody else did, unlike that bitch LeBron who thought he'd just bandwagon his way to a ring.

But if you can dump Chandler and Amar'e for Dwight Howard...you'd be an idiot not to do it.

D-Will
Shump
Melo
Who cares
D12

would be the best roster in the NBA bar none.

Paul1355

All Star
Ok, I don't believe that this Dwight to The Knicks deal is going to really happen, yet lets be real here, it really comes down to us thinking it's too good to be true, right?

But as much as I don't (or refuse to let myself belief) I have to at least examine how this coud/would work and it would work out almost perfect!

Of course a deal could not be stuck until March when Chandler would be availabe, so let's fast forward to there

We send Tyshon Chandler, Bibby and Amare to Orlando for Dwight and Nelson

We then send Nelson to Atl. for Hinrich who has not played a game yet this season and has an expiring deal who could easily just be cut or replaces Bibby

Orlando now loaded with 3 PF's sends Ryan Anderson to Min. for JJ Berea who is the odd man out with Rubio coming along so fast, Anderson fits in with Minny's style and he has an expiring deal if somehow he does not

Nelson is a good fit for what Atl. has on their roster

Orlando

JJ Berea/Bibby
Richardson
Hedo
Stat
Chandler

not a bad roster to end up with after trading your franchise player!!

For The Knicks, we will have the ability to get those incoming players from China at that point....Kmart is the first player that comes to mind, plus the minny MLE, maybe JR Smith?

Davis/Douglas/ Hinrich (a favorite of mine)
Shump/Smith
Melo/Feilds
Kmart/Jorts/Jefferies
Dwight/Jeffereis

And this summer The Knicks could have up to 18 million in cap!
Orlando would want Chandler, Amare, Shumpert, maybe Fields....and they will want to dump Turkoglu's contract on us

fender0577

Rotation player
Orlando would want Chandler, Amare, Shumpert, maybe Fields....and they will want to dump Turkoglu's contract on us
No, don't we have enough distractions already, let's get this team on track already.No, trades please, and what ever happened to the draft to build your team,SMH.

jzero29

Rotation player
It will be cool to see Howard shooting 3's
hysterical
No, don't we have enough distractions already, let's get this team on track already.No, trades please, and what ever happened to the draft to build your team,SMH.
I'd do it for howard. if we are still floundering in march then it's time to move on.
I wouldn't take Hedo and wouldn't give up shump but if it was just as the original said, done deal, does the money work?

iSaYughh

Starter
To be honest, I'd like to see us work with what we *have* at this point.

I also would not want to commit to trading either Melo or Amare until we are more certain in how able they can be enmeshed together in a cohesive system.

With a good coach and a PG who can perform the obvious necessary duties of distribution and running an offense as floor general, I see zero reason why they can't.

I actually have argued, right when Melo came, they should be a *LETHAL* pair if coached properly and in the right offensive system.

Plus, we have a in his prime, true defensive center, champion, and one who also can move and generate points -- especially in the type of offense that will best unleash Amare and Melo together.

If we are able to create a fluid team that maximizes Amare and Melo playing together, alongside Chandler -- and I believe the system that best does this is one that MDA is as good as anyone with...up tempo, free flowing, quick decisions, and where spacing is king....giving away 2 of those three, even for Howard, would be a mistake.

Howard's championship mettle (or lack thereof), and his obvious weakness of FT%, not to mention clear reservations about being a NY'er, make me question him, too.

Let's keep fighting, get a PG (be it Baron this season, or a MLE type in the off-season), use our 2.5M exception on some added depth this year, and become champions under the direction and coaching of MDA. Or fire him and replace him ASAP if we aren't immediately contending on a level equal to at least the Ewing Knicks era.

fender0577

Rotation player
hysterical

I'd do it for howard. if we are still floundering in march then it's time to move on.
I wouldn't take Hedo and wouldn't give up shump but if it was just as the original said, done deal, does the money work?
No, they would try to unload a bad contract on use, as usual.Especially with Walsh gone we'd get rapped, i don't need Dolan doing anymore deals.

Last edited: