Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan back

Default Jordan back

One question. Does he get any where near the minutes Jorts got?

I doubt it. Jefferies and Novak most likely, but I would expect Jordan to get more minutes than he did.

Veteran

whats the over under in minutes until he puts up a 3 pointer.

Veteran

If your not a BIG name center like Shaq or Tyson Chandler then u will not see
    any minutes in Dantoni's rotation without being able to hit a 3-ball shot.
    A top reason to FIRE-Dantoni.

If the Knicks wouldve started the season using two-units of frontcourt
    lineups (Tyson/Stat/Melo -vs- Jordan/Jorts/Balkman) Knicks oponents
    wouldve had problems beating the Knicks....Jorts setting high-screens
    and shooting 3-balls wouldve been accepted on the offensive-end with
    Jordan & Balkman on the offensive glass.
    Our Big-3 Star-frontcourt couldve been working on complimenting each other
    with the majority of their playingtime being on court together to show veteran-
    leadership in every aspect of the game by all 3-star players co-existing as a
    unit for our young roster to follow.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    One question. Does he get any where near the minutes Jorts got?
    Dantonio was quoted in the NY POST....Answer was NO.

This former Astoria pizza delivery boy pretending an NBA coach is as clueless as can be. It takes him months before he realizes he can make use of certain players. I have no idea why did he recall our NBDL players if he plays them just in garbage time. Probably he hasn't enough bodies for scrimmages. In my opinion both Lin and Jordan deserve some playing time, maybe ~10 minutes, but this mustached idiot [who learned basketball reading La Gazetta dello Sport when he collected waste paper for a dump in Milano] will come to this probably somewhere during the offseason...

BUMP

@Al_Ianazzone: Knicks recall Jerome Jordan from D-League. He'll be in Milwaukee.

Dante counts on Jordanity?

The New York Knicks recalled their 7-foot rookie center after he averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3.33 blocks in Erie's last three games that all ended for wins for the BayHawks (19-17).

"He's a great teammate, great guy and a great presence on the court," BayHawks power forward Kyle Goldcamp said. "It really helps. He understands the offense very well and really helped us win a lot of games."

Well, with Jared hurt, and Tyson hurting...looks like Jerome might actually get some burn. Good for him, I hope he plays his way into some minutes.

Originally Posted by unloopme
    The New York Knicks recalled their 7-foot rookie center after he averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3.33 blocks in Erie's last three games that all ended for wins for the BayHawks (19-17).

"He's a great teammate, great guy and a great presence on the court," BayHawks power forward Kyle Goldcamp said. "It really helps. He understands the offense very well and really helped us win a lot of games."

Well, with Jared hurt, and Tyson hurting...looks like Jerome might actually get some burn. Good for him, I hope he plays his way into some minutes.

I was just saying last night that Jordan IMHO is better than Splitter. If Splitter can get some run for Pops why cant Jordan get some for MDA ???

I was just saying last night that Jordan IMHO is better than Splitter. If Splitter can get some run for Pops why cant Jordan get some for MDA ???
    Indeed my friend.

What I'm actually praying for is "Jeromania!" (copyrighted) So that even more light can be shed on the fact that 'Asstoni is not a real coach, and does not know how to evaluate talent, AT ALL, so that we can toss his ass sooner than later.

Originally Posted by unloopme
    Indeed my friend.

What I'm actually praying for is "Jeromania!" (copyrighted) So that even more light can be shed on the fact that 'Asstoni is not a real coach, and does not know how to evaluate talent, AT ALL, so that we can toss his ass sooner than later.
    Jordsanity, Jeromania, whatever it may be coined might be about the only potential we have left to actually compete this season

Veteran

Angry Decent young bigmen are scarce in the NBA

Its hard to believe 7.0 Jerome Jordan was not allowed to get any playingtime in this
    hectic 66 game schedule for a 20-18 record Knicks team....when u had bigmen all over
    the NBA with half of Jordan experience getting playingtime every other game.

no.....just no. Splitter was a much much much much better international player than Jordan. They really aren't comparable skill-wise. Jordan can basically do athletic things, Splitter actually has better basketball skills.

Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    no.....just no. Splitter was a much much much much better international player than Jordan. They really aren't comparable skill-wise. Jordan can basically do athletic things, Splitter actually has better basketball skills.
    I definitely wouldn't argue that Jordan is better than Splitter, but I do think he fits our team perfectly. He shot around 60% last year in Europe, and scored a decent amount while hustling rebounding and playing athletic defense. He is pretty much a young Tyson (extremely light version). I don't get why he doesn't get PT, he is the perfect guy to play 12 minutes while tyson is resting, and put in while Tyson is in foul trouble. I don't think him and jeffries would be a perfect combo, but I still think he needs to get in.

How sick would it be....

If we had Tyson and Jordan roaming the paint. I dreamt about our own version of the twin towers many times, Jordan has great footwork, but they would probably just step on eachother all the time.

That being said, if Chandler sits tonight, D'antoni will have NO CHOICE but to play Jordan after the abysmal defense that went on last game.