Jordan back

Sage

Rotation player
I doubt it. Jefferies and Novak most likely, but I would expect Jordan to get more minutes than he did.

Kiyaman

Legend
If your not a BIG name center like Shaq or Tyson Chandler then u will not see
any minutes in Dantoni's rotation without being able to hit a 3-ball shot.
A top reason to FIRE-Dantoni.

If the Knicks wouldve started the season using two-units of frontcourt
lineups (Tyson/Stat/Melo -vs- Jordan/Jorts/Balkman) Knicks oponents
wouldve had problems beating the Knicks....Jorts setting high-screens
and shooting 3-balls wouldve been accepted on the offensive-end with
Jordan & Balkman on the offensive glass.
Our Big-3 Star-frontcourt couldve been working on complimenting each other
with the majority of their playingtime being on court together to show veteran-
leadership in every aspect of the game by all 3-star players co-existing as a
unit for our young roster to follow.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
This former Astoria pizza delivery boy pretending an NBA coach is as clueless as can be. It takes him months before he realizes he can make use of certain players. I have no idea why did he recall our NBDL players if he plays them just in garbage time. Probably he hasn't enough bodies for scrimmages. In my opinion both Lin and Jordan deserve some playing time, maybe ~10 minutes, but this mustached idiot [who learned basketball reading La Gazetta dello Sport when he collected waste paper for a dump in Milano] will come to this probably somewhere during the offseason...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
BUMP

@Al_Ianazzone: Knicks recall Jerome Jordan from D-League. He'll be in Milwaukee.

Dante counts on Jordanity? :D

unloopme

Benchwarmer
The New York Knicks recalled their 7-foot rookie center after he averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3.33 blocks in Erie's last three games that all ended for wins for the BayHawks (19-17).

"He's a great teammate, great guy and a great presence on the court," BayHawks power forward Kyle Goldcamp said. "It really helps. He understands the offense very well and really helped us win a lot of games."

Well, with Jared hurt, and Tyson hurting...looks like Jerome might actually get some burn. Good for him, I hope he plays his way into some minutes.

The New York Knicks recalled their 7-foot rookie center after he averaged 18 points, 10 rebounds and 3.33 blocks in Erie's last three games that all ended for wins for the BayHawks (19-17).

"He's a great teammate, great guy and a great presence on the court," BayHawks power forward Kyle Goldcamp said. "It really helps. He understands the offense very well and really helped us win a lot of games."

Well, with Jared hurt, and Tyson hurting...looks like Jerome might actually get some burn. Good for him, I hope he plays his way into some minutes.

I was just saying last night that Jordan IMHO is better than Splitter. If Splitter can get some run for Pops why cant Jordan get some for :fazer:MDA:machinegun: ???

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I was just saying last night that Jordan IMHO is better than Splitter. If Splitter can get some run for Pops why cant Jordan get some for :fazer:MDA:machinegun: ???
Indeed my friend.

What I'm actually praying for is "Jeromania!" (copyrighted) So that even more light can be shed on the fact that 'Asstoni is not a real coach, and does not know how to evaluate talent, AT ALL, so that we can toss his ass sooner than later.

smokes

Huge Member
Indeed my friend.

What I'm actually praying for is "Jeromania!" (copyrighted) So that even more light can be shed on the fact that 'Asstoni is not a real coach, and does not know how to evaluate talent, AT ALL, so that we can toss his ass sooner than later.

Jordsanity, Jeromania, whatever it may be coined might be about the only potential we have left to actually compete this season :lol:

Kiyaman

Legend
Decent young bigmen are scarce in the NBA

Its hard to believe 7.0 Jerome Jordan was not allowed to get any playingtime in this
hectic 66 game schedule for a 20-18 record Knicks team....when u had bigmen all over
the NBA with half of Jordan experience getting playingtime every other game.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer

no.....just no. Splitter was a much much much much better international player than Jordan. They really aren't comparable skill-wise. Jordan can basically do athletic things, Splitter actually has better basketball skills.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
no.....just no. Splitter was a much much much much better international player than Jordan. They really aren't comparable skill-wise. Jordan can basically do athletic things, Splitter actually has better basketball skills.

I definitely wouldn't argue that Jordan is better than Splitter, but I do think he fits our team perfectly. He shot around 60% last year in Europe, and scored a decent amount while hustling rebounding and playing athletic defense. He is pretty much a young Tyson (extremely light version). I don't get why he doesn't get PT, he is the perfect guy to play 12 minutes while tyson is resting, and put in while Tyson is in foul trouble. I don't think him and jeffries would be a perfect combo, but I still think he needs to get in.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
How sick would it be....

If we had Tyson and Jordan roaming the paint. I dreamt about our own version of the twin towers many times, Jordan has great footwork, but they would probably just step on eachother all the time.

That being said, if Chandler sits tonight, D'antoni will have NO CHOICE but to play Jordan after the abysmal defense that went on last game.

p0nder

Starter
can only hope Jordan gets some burn tonight... because that will mean the knicks are up 15+ points in the 4th.... lol

he could even ahve a 24 pt, 10+ reb game and rot on the bench ala. mozgov so even if he plays well it will mean not all that much. Still we need a win and i hope he can contribute.

iSaYughh

Starter
Dudes....

The reason he is "rotting", or could "rot" (well, he hasn't been, that's why he has been in the D-Leage), is because:

We have Tyson Chandler as our Center
We have Amare Stoudemire as our PF

And we have Jeffries, Novak, and Jorts who have all produced in meaningful ways, all look legit, have all played huge rolls in our 2nd unit and proven themselves, and contribute unique skill sets to our startin frontcourt.

(elite range/shooting from Novak; range and hustle and toughness from Jorts; veteran leadership, multi-position defender, quality defense in Jeffries).

There is no conspiracy here.

When D'antoni has had decent bigs, they have played, and actually played quite well -- nobody thought Jorts would be nearly as good as he has been, nobody thought Novak would really be crushing like he has, and nobody thought Jeffries would be producing as well as he has either.

Even Tyson Chandler is having pretty much a career year.

The most obvious answer here is the most truthful one: Jordan isnt that good, he has never looked that NBA ready, and we are loaded with high priced, high profil starting fornt court players, and 3 quality, versatile bigs off the bench who have proven their NBA-readiness and game.

p0nder

Starter
Not saying that Jordan is a supreme talent that is being DNP'd because of doghouse tendencies by D'ant.

Just saying that him lacking the burn in the NBA game is not helping him develop and if he's called up he will most likely rot on the bench. And even if he does produce tonight there is a good chance he won't see the floor again because of our depth up front.

I thought the D-League assignment for him was great. At least he was getting some quality PT with decent, hungry players. Ideally I'd like to see him perform at a very high level tonight so that 1. We win. and 2. We add another piece to our puzzle or at the very least a trade asset.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
How sick would it be....

If we had Tyson and Jordan roaming the paint. I dreamt about our own version of the twin towers many times, Jordan has great footwork, but they would probably just step on eachother all the time.

That being said, if Chandler sits tonight, D'antoni will have NO CHOICE but to play Jordan after the abysmal defense that went on last game.
While I agree that it'd be cool to see both monsters out there, the part I bolded from your quote doesn't apply. 'Asstoni always has a choice..........he choses to suck though.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
With Chandler and Jeffries out, if Jennings runs wild down the lane and Stat & Melo never leave their feet, if Jordan does not even then get a chance to defend then D'antoni, and I'm being serious here, should be fired.

Who here does not think Jennings is like a shark smelling blood for tonight?