Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jordan back

can only hope Jordan gets some burn tonight... because that will mean the knicks are up 15+ points in the 4th.... lol

he could even ahve a 24 pt, 10+ reb game and rot on the bench ala. mozgov so even if he plays well it will mean not all that much. Still we need a win and i hope he can contribute.

Veteran

Dudes....

The reason he is "rotting", or could "rot" (well, he hasn't been, that's why he has been in the D-Leage), is because:

We have Tyson Chandler as our Center
    We have Amare Stoudemire as our PF

And we have Jeffries, Novak, and Jorts who have all produced in meaningful ways, all look legit, have all played huge rolls in our 2nd unit and proven themselves, and contribute unique skill sets to our startin frontcourt.

(elite range/shooting from Novak; range and hustle and toughness from Jorts; veteran leadership, multi-position defender, quality defense in Jeffries).

There is no conspiracy here.

When D'antoni has had decent bigs, they have played, and actually played quite well -- nobody thought Jorts would be nearly as good as he has been, nobody thought Novak would really be crushing like he has, and nobody thought Jeffries would be producing as well as he has either.

Even Tyson Chandler is having pretty much a career year.

The most obvious answer here is the most truthful one: Jordan isnt that good, he has never looked that NBA ready, and we are loaded with high priced, high profil starting fornt court players, and 3 quality, versatile bigs off the bench who have proven their NBA-readiness and game.

Not saying that Jordan is a supreme talent that is being DNP'd because of doghouse tendencies by D'ant.

Just saying that him lacking the burn in the NBA game is not helping him develop and if he's called up he will most likely rot on the bench. And even if he does produce tonight there is a good chance he won't see the floor again because of our depth up front.

I thought the D-League assignment for him was great. At least he was getting some quality PT with decent, hungry players. Ideally I'd like to see him perform at a very high level tonight so that 1. We win. and 2. We add another piece to our puzzle or at the very least a trade asset.

Originally Posted by platnumn
    How sick would it be....

If we had Tyson and Jordan roaming the paint. I dreamt about our own version of the twin towers many times, Jordan has great footwork, but they would probably just step on eachother all the time.

That being said, if Chandler sits tonight, D'antoni will have NO CHOICE but to play Jordan after the abysmal defense that went on last game.
    While I agree that it'd be cool to see both monsters out there, the part I bolded from your quote doesn't apply. 'Asstoni always has a choice..........he choses to suck though.

With Chandler and Jeffries out, if Jennings runs wild down the lane and Stat & Melo never leave their feet, if Jordan does not even then get a chance to defend then D'antoni, and I'm being serious here, should be fired.

Who here does not think Jennings is like a shark smelling blood for tonight?

Veteran

Originally Posted by p0nder
    Not saying that Jordan is a supreme talent that is being DNP'd because of doghouse tendencies by D'ant.

Just saying that him lacking the burn in the NBA game is not helping him develop and if he's called up he will most likely rot on the bench. And even if he does produce tonight there is a good chance he won't see the floor again because of our depth up front.

I thought the D-League assignment for him was great. At least he was getting some quality PT with decent, hungry players. Ideally I'd like to see him perform at a very high level tonight so that 1. We win. and 2. We add another piece to our puzzle or at the very least a trade asset.
    Word, i feel ya. My post wasn't really directed at you in any specific way either

Default Jordan in D-League Highlights

Knicksnow.com has posted Jerome Jordan highlights from his stint in the D-league.
    looks like Lin feeding him a few times, so it may not be from the current stint.
    either way, he looks damn good finishing, shooting off the backboard, following up
    misses, everything you want from a center.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i think coach Macaroni is making a huge mistake not giving him any burn at all,
    I still feel he could be a missing piece, ala Linsanity.

speaking of which, is Linsanity a fluke, a lucky week of wins, or could it be the Melo-less,
    STAT-less Knicks were a better team that relied on defense to win games, or Antoni is a
    clueless f*ck who doesn't know how to coach/play what he's got, doesn't know how to substitute,
    or deserve to coach in NYC?

Clyde: i'll take option number 3...

Jordan does look good in those video's I've seen. I think he has the raw talent and abilities there, just needs some polish. will we ever really see him play???

BUMP.

Will Jerome earn some more PT under Woody?

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    BUMP.

Will Jerome earn some more PT under Woody?
    I hope so, if not might as well send him back to the DL

Looks like Jerome had a good game yesterday... 100% shooting and 2 rebounds in his 3:33 of play....

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Looks like Jerome had a good game yesterday... 100% shooting and 2 rebounds in his 3:33 of play....
    haha. at least he got on the court...

Once again big game for Jordan.

1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal - in 3:20 of play.

If he were in for the whole game at that rate he would have a triple double!

Haven't we learned anything from the Jeremy Lin saga?!

Can I buy a Knicks Jordan jersey? I always wanted to own of them...

If they don't plan on playing Jerome why didn't we sign Gilbert Arenas?

"Woodson said the Knicks are considering sending seldom-used center Jerome Jordan back to the NBA Development League to get in some games"

probably a good idea, nothing happening at this point for Jerome; even with Girafferies out, Hairlipson wlll see the majority of his minutes. ce la vie.