New York Knicks @ Charlotte Bobcats Game Thread 1/24/12

Will the Knicks FINALLY get a win?

• Yes, the Bobcats are 3-14.

Votes: 15 68.2%
  • No, Antoni will find a way to mess this up too.

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters
Shumpert needs to stop acting like he's Gary Payton and show some humbleness in his rookie season!

His body language is terrible for a rook who hasn't done anything yet, walking around like he owns the league and is the second come of D-Wade or the Glove.

What about starting to actually convert some dunks instead of rimming them Shump? In this league you better deliver FIRST before you start bragging.

Blame D'Antoni for it he gives the players way too much freedom, an overconfident young man like Shumpert needs an old school coach like Popovich who gets in his head and rebuilds him mentally (like he did with Parker in his rookie season).

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
What did Shumpert do? I know he blew dunk and layup early, did he say or do something boneheaded in post game? I never watch those anymore cuz Time Warner, I watch online and don't bother to sit at computer for post games

skisloper

Starter
What did Shumpert do? I know he blew dunk and layup early, did he say or do something boneheaded in post game? I never watch those anymore cuz Time Warner, I watch online and don't bother to sit at computer for post games

His missed dunk should have been passed back to Fields.....but I like his swagger.....He is who he is.

fender0577

Rotation player
Shumpert needs to stop acting like he's Gary Payton and show some humbleness in his rookie season!

His body language is terrible for a rook who hasn't done anything yet, walking around like he owns the league and is the second come of D-Wade or the Glove.

What about starting to actually convert some dunks instead of rimming them Shump? In this league you better deliver FIRST before you start bragging.

Blame D'Antoni for it he gives the players way too much freedom, an overconfident young man like Shumpert needs an old school coach like Popovich who gets in his head and rebuilds him mentally (like he did with Parker in his rookie season).
Spree, you going kinda hard on the kid, what would you rather have?A kid very talented kid with supreme confidence(Shump), or a kid with marginal talent and shaky confidence at best(fields).Give me shump all day, dudes not scared of anyone, remember Kobe as a rookie jacking all those shots against Utah in the playoffs, people were saying the same things you said about shump.Not saying he has kobes talent, but he certainly has that type of heart, and that's a great start.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Spree, you going kinda hard on the kid, what would you rather have?A kid very talented kid with supreme confidence(Shump), or a kid with marginal talent and shaky confidence at best(fields).Give me shump all day, dudes not scared of anyone, remember Kobe as a rookie jacking all those shots against Utah in the playoffs, people were saying the same things you said about shump.Not saying he has kobes talent, but he certainly has that type of heart, and that's a great start.
Which is why "swag" shouldn't be a big reasoning to say he's ok in what he does. I'm glad he has a tremendous amount of confidence too, that doesn't mean he's better than Fields or anything who was struggling a while (and now is getting back into the groove).

fender0577

Rotation player
Which is why "swag" shouldn't be a big reasoning to say he's ok in what he does. I'm glad he has a tremendous amount of confidence too, that doesn't mean he's better than Fields or anything who was struggling a while (and now is getting back into the groove).
But exactly what has he done that's so horrible, showed a lot of confidence?, dude plays hard every time i watch him play,after those missed layups and dunks, i never saw him hang his head and question him self, he hustled back on defense, and on to the next play.Sorry but i love his attitude, thats what we need that in our backcourt.

Last edited:
But exactly what has he done that's so horrible, showed a lot of confidence?, dude plays hard every time i watch him play,after those missed layups and dunks, i never saw him hang his head and question him self, he hustled back on defense, and on to the next play.Sorry but i love his attitude, thats what we need that in our backcourt.

I think he's a chucker on offense, taking bad shots. He didn't do it last night, but in all those games before. Judging by his facial expression it doesn't seem like he actually realizes his mistakes.

Confidence is good, but Shumpert looks cocky and a bit arrogant to me on the court and during the post game interviews. I didn't like his Milwaukee and Denver post game interviews at all, he didn't admit any mistakes despite playing really bad in those games.

I'm not starting a campaign against Shump here, no way - that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever and I actually think he's played quite well so far for a rookie who had no Summer League and basically no preseason.

But I'm not sure about his character yet, I think there is some potential that he might turn to the dark side.....:cool:

I think he's more of a Gary Payton/D-Wade - maybe even Marbury? type of guy character wise rather than a Steph Curry or Toney Parker.

That's fine but our coaches need to keep an eye on it. Overconfidence might hinder his game/development and I bet he'll give future rookies an earful in the locker room for every mistake they make...

fender0577

Rotation player
I think he's a chucker on offense, taking bad shots. He didn't do it last night, but in all those games before. Judging by his facial expression it doesn't seem like he actually realizes his mistakes.

Confidence is good, but Shumpert looks cocky and a bit arrogant to me on the court and during the post game interviews. I didn't like his Milwaukee and Denver post game interviews at all, he didn't admit any mistakes despite playing really bad in those games.

I'm not starting a campaign against Shump here, no way - that wouldn't make any sense whatsoever and I actually think he's played quite well so far for a rookie who had no Summer League and basically no preseason.

But I'm not sure about his character yet, I think there is some potential that he might turn to the dark side.....:cool:

I think he's more of a Gary Payton/D-Wade - maybe even Marbury? type of guy character wise rather than a Steph Curry or Toney Parker.

That's fine but our coaches need to keep an eye on it. Overconfidence might hinder his game/development and I bet he'll give future rookies an earful in the locker room for every mistake they make...
Point well taken, i just see more positives than negatives thus far, i just though you went a little hard on the rook, that's all.

joegti10

Banned
Shumpert is the only positive of this failed season. I like his intensity and taking the bull by the horns attitude. At least you can say he's not scared...like Landry fields.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Shumpert is the only positive of this failed season. I like his intensity and taking the bull by the horns attitude. At least you can say he's not scared...like Landry fields.

...after hearing you say that, I'm cringing that he'll get traded...