3512.jpg

Bucks:
CLE_Irving_Kyrie.jpg
3171.jpg
4628.jpg
3247.jpg
3847.jpg

Game Preview:
Despite the worst offensive performance of Carmelo Anthony's career, the New York Knicks found a way to end their season-high six-game losing streak.

Now if they could only find a way to win a game in Cleveland.
New York will try to end its eight-game skid visiting the Cavaliers on Wednesday night when these teams meet.

Since sitting a game after suffering a sprained right ankle and injuring his left wrist against Memphis on Jan. 12, Anthony is averaging 21.2 points - but shooting only 31.3 percent from the field.

He missed all seven of his shots and finished with a career-low one point in 30 minutes of Tuesday's 111-78 victory at Charlotte.

Tyson Chandler, who finished with 20 points and a season high-tying 17 rebounds, and Amare Stoudemire (18 points, eight boards) did much of the heavy lifting in the Knicks' first victory since Jan. 11 versus Philadelphia.

"I needed a night like this where I didn't have to do too much and we still won the game by a lot," said Anthony, who also grabbed 11 rebounds - tying his season high. "We got a long road trip (three games in four nights) ahead of us. We got another one tomorrow at Cleveland so it's another day. This one is over. We won a game, team effort. Get ready for tomorrow."

Anthony is averaging 33.3 points, 7.0 rebounds and 5.0 assists in his last three games at Cleveland.
The last time he played at Quicken Loans Arena, Anthony fouled out after scoring 27 points and pulling down eight rebounds in a 115-109 loss Feb. 25.

That was his Knicks road debut after being acquired from Denver three days earlier.
Thanks in large part to LeBron James, Cleveland has not lost at home to New York (7-10) since a 101-98 loss on Nov. 29, 2006.

The Knicks, though, snapped an 11-game skid to the Cavaliers on April 3 with a 123-107 victory. Anthony had 25 points in that game, and Stoudemire added 28 with seven boards as New York clinched its first playoff spot in seven seasons.

Not many expected the Cavaliers (6-10) to be in the playoff mix after finishing an Eastern Conference-worst 19-63 last season, but the addition of No. 1 overall pick Kyrie Irving has given the club plenty of optimism.
Cleveland, though, needs its 19-year-old point guard to take better care of the ball. Irving has a team-high 18 turnovers during a four-game losing streak after giving the ball away three times in Tuesday's 92-85 loss at Miami.

"We kind of beat ourselves tonight," said Irving, who finished with a team-high 17 points and four assists. "We had 22 turnovers and we lost by seven points."
That's still a step in the right direction after the Cavs lost their previous two to Chicago and Atlanta by a combined 66 points.
"Stayed in the game for 48 minutes," coach Byron Scott said.
Keeping the Knicks off the boards could help the Cavs stay in this game. The possible return of rookie Tristan Thompson, who missed Tuesday's game with a sprained left ankle, could help Antawn Jamison and Anderson Varejao against Chandler, who is averaging 14.0 rebounds and 12.0 points in his last four games.

Stoudemire led the Knicks with 30.8 points and 9.5 rebounds per game versus Cleveland in 2010-11.

Biggest Matchup:
act_iman_shumpert.jpg

act_kyrie_irving.jpg

Injury Report:

NYK_Harrellson_Josh.jpg

Out for approximately 6 weeks.

3326.jpg

Considered doubtful for tonight's game.

CLE_Thompson_Tristan.jpg

Game-time decision

Song of the night:

Lets Go Knicks!!!!
tehmeena8web.jpg

Last edited:

iSaYughh

Starter
Succint, quality GT!

Tristan Thompson could be an interesting mix as CLE will undoubtably be looking to clamp down our front-court, and induce the type of disarray that ends up harpooning the efficacy of our entire team.

Kyrie has been starting to play really well, too, and getting better at finding his teammates when he is guarded over aggressively.

Shupert vs Kyrie is a match-up I'm dying to see.

If Field's plays reasonably well, we keep up the ball movement, our firepower should simply prove too much to lose this game.

:gony:

Sage

Rotation player
Looking forward to this. Cavs kept spanking the Knicks last year, would be good to get a measure of revenge.

Happy Australia day to my fellow Aussies on the board!

Red

TYPE-A

carousel_CavaliersGameday_460_120120.jpg

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis-450x344.gif

(7-10)

@

cleveland_cavaliers_logo.png

(6-10)

Starting Lineups:

Knicks:
NYK_Shumpert_Iman.jpg
4770.jpg
NYK_Anthony_Carmelo.jpg
3607.jpg
3512.jpg

Bucks:
CLE_Irving_Kyrie.jpg
3171.jpg
4628.jpg
3247.jpg
3847.jpg

Game Preview:

Biggest Matchup:
act_iman_shumpert.jpg

act_kyrie_irving.jpg

Injury Report:

NYK_Harrellson_Josh.jpg

Out for approximately 6 weeks.

3326.jpg

Considered doubtful for tonight's game.

CLE_Thompson_Tristan.jpg

Game-time decision

Song of the night:

Lets Go Knicks!!!!
tehmeena8web.jpg

OMG! Ummmm shorty!

Niiiiiccccccceeee thread.

I wanna break this chicks butt-hole.

Anywhoooo...

Win = when we impliment the B'Way Bigs.

Loss = when we overemphasize perimeter play, and go against our strengths with the Euroball approach.

Now I'm going out to find me some broad just like that.

Thanks.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't expect TC and Amare to control the paint like they did last night against the Jr league Bobkittens. Amare will also have his hands full guarding Jamison. We'll really get to see how good Shump's defense is when he's guarding Irving.

Parker might light us up from long range since we still have no idea how to guard the corner 3s.

I hope we win and give some more guys meaningful minutes in the process. I'd really like to see a little more on Lin and Jordan.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I hate the emotions of fandom... I'm pretty pumped for tonight hoping for a 2 game win streak... I'm serious. I am smarter than to overreact too much in most situations but I have to admit I so badly want my teams to do well that it takes damned near nothing to get me excited and give me hope, the roller coaster kills me. I'm a knicks fan, a chargers fan, a red bulls fan and a yankees fan, the yankees of course being the only one of the four that give me any remote prayer of consistency, but every year I have these "well we got a good win to stop the bleeding" and these "well when we get this guy playing" moments, just once I want to just be happy and not wish for luck, offer an excuse or wait on a hopeful savior. My rant about my teams letting me down being done... lets go Knicks!

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
And while I am not a giants fan so I can't bandwagon or anything, I will try to save myself from attacks about being a chargers fan by adding that I have been pulling for the Gmen in playoffs, and I hate the pats, so it's gotta count for something

Kiyaman

Legend
Are we in trouble?

Coach Byron Scott is 100 times wiser than Dantoni, plus Scott has been
running a 10+ man rotation that gave the Miami Heat problems untill the 4th
quarter last night.

Rookie Irving has been playing hype-up....will we throw Fields & Shump on him to slow him down like we did Rookie Walker lastnight?
:smokin: :gony: :smokin:

fender0577

Rotation player
And while I am not a giants fan so I can't bandwagon or anything, I will try to save myself from attacks about being a chargers fan by adding that I have been pulling for the Gmen in playoffs, and I hate the pats, so it's gotta count for something
Thanks, bandwagon or not thanks for your support, were going all the way, again.I love how skip baseless (cowboy fan) all of a sudden is on the bandwagon, if a cowboy fan can jump on so can you brotha, GO G-MEN!!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
When is Stat going to come out to screen for Shump or TD?
The 18th game and Stat refuse to Pick n Roll with any of the guards.
Stat should dominate over Jamison....right?
Varageo vs TC is equal
Casppi vs Melo is Melo
Parker vs Fields is Fields
Irving vs Shump is ???