Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Gallo Signs With DEN

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Gallo Signs With DEN

    May as well be the one to post it.

    4yrs/42M. Pretty ballin' deal. Gallo could have played the money game, waited till FA, and pounced on free agency, amidst desperate teams like the Nets.

    About half of Melo's annual salary, fwiw.

    You have to wonder about what could have been:

    D-Will
    Fields
    Gallo
    Amare
    Chandler

    Moz, Douglas, Shumpert, Novak off the bench. And a 2012 1st rounder.

    I'll just say it. That is the best team in the NBA. And as "homegrown" and fun as even OKC.

    4year (minimum) prime, of upper crust contention.

    The stank of James Dolan lives on, as we still continue to navigate our franchise and roster to something resembling a complete NBA team.

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    May as well be the one to post it.

    4yrs/42M. Pretty ballin' deal. Gallo could have played the money game, waited till FA, and pounced on free agency, amidst desperate teams like the Nets.

    About half of Melo's annual salary, fwiw.

    You have to wonder about what could have been:

    D-Will
    Fields
    Gallo
    Amare
    Chandler

    Moz, Douglas, Shumpert, Novak off the bench. And a 2012 1st rounder.

    I'll just say it. That is the best team in the NBA. And as "homegrown" and fun as even OKC.

    4year (minimum) prime, of upper crust contention.

    The stank of James Dolan lives on, as we still continue to navigate our franchise and roster to something resembling a complete NBA team.
    You could not have Gallo and Chandler or Gallo and Williams...
    he is getting 10 million....so take one of them out and then u do not have a Top % team. Fair is Fair....Unless u mean wilson chandler...but still same not a top 5 team.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    You could not have Gallo and Chandler or Gallo and Williams...
    he is getting 10 million....so take one of them out and then u do not have a Top % team. Fair is Fair....Unless u mean wilson chandler...but still same not a top 5 team.
    Wait.

    The X-Factor are any relevant CBA changes.

    But isn't,

    Felton = 8M (who would be expiring at the end of this season)

    Chandler = 2M (likewise)

    That right there would equal Gallo's salary in the deal he signed.

    Melo is getting paid 18M.

    So, re: D-Will, if we traded for him (vs Melo), we'd obviously be unloading extra salary, and that 18M would be a wash...

    Assuming we didn't trade (and I don't think it's implausible, given how easily he got dumped to NJ, though we'd of course lose Fields in that arrangement),

    We'd be signing him in the off-season, and his salary would obviously be lower than the 18M.

    How could we not have Gallo and Chandler?

    Let alone Gallo and Chandler and D-Will under these circumstances?

    I'm not taking into account us taking on Billups' contract, too, but if anything that should represent extra space, no?

    I could see us *maybe* being a few million off in being able to get all of them, but could also see us finding a way to shed that few milly (or getting D-Will or Gallo to take a paycut, eg).

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Wait.

    The X-Factor are any relevant CBA changes.

    But isn't,

    Felton = 8M (who would be expiring at the end of this season)

    Chandler = 2M (likewise)

    That right there would equal Gallo's salary in the deal he signed.

    Melo is getting paid 18M.

    So, re: D-Will, if we traded for him (vs Melo), we'd obviously be unloading extra salary, and that 18M would be a wash...

    Assuming we didn't trade (and I don't think it's implausible, given how easily he got dumped to NJ, though we'd of course lose Fields in that arrangement),

    We'd be signing him in the off-season, and his salary would obviously be lower than the 18M.

    How could we not have Gallo and Chandler?

    Let alone Gallo and Chandler and D-Will under these circumstances?

    I'm not taking into account us taking on Billups' contract, too, but if anything that should represent extra space, no?

    I could see us *maybe* being a few million off in being able to get all of them, but could also see us finding a way to shed that few milly (or getting D-Will or Gallo to take a paycut, eg).

    That few million is close to 7 million

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    He'll come back in place of Melo in 3 or 4 years...

  6. #6
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    So we can all agree that trading for Melo put us into that ****storm?

  7. #7
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    346
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by pat
    So we can all agree that trading for Melo put us into that ****storm?
    yes

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    The stank of James Dolan lives on, as we still continue to navigate our franchise and roster to something resembling a complete NBA team.
    Yeah and he's not going anywhere until he dies. Just imagine the fun moves he'll make when he's 70 and suffering from dementia but won't loosen his grip

Similar Threads

  1. Is Gallo Expendable?
    By BleedOrange&Blue in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Jan 06, 2011, 11:15
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Nov 11, 2010, 15:51
  3. Chandler V Gallanari
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Nov 01, 2010, 10:51
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2010, 21:10
  5. We should keep Hughes
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2009, 06:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •