Gallo Signs With DEN

iSaYughh

Starter
May as well be the one to post it.

4yrs/42M. Pretty ballin' deal. Gallo could have played the money game, waited till FA, and pounced on free agency, amidst desperate teams like the Nets.

About half of Melo's annual salary, fwiw.

You have to wonder about what could have been:

D-Will
Fields
Gallo
Amare
Chandler

Moz, Douglas, Shumpert, Novak off the bench. And a 2012 1st rounder.

I'll just say it. That is the best team in the NBA. And as "homegrown" and fun as even OKC.

4year (minimum) prime, of upper crust contention.

The stank of James Dolan lives on, as we still continue to navigate our franchise and roster to something resembling a complete NBA team.

skisloper

Starter
May as well be the one to post it.

4yrs/42M. Pretty ballin' deal. Gallo could have played the money game, waited till FA, and pounced on free agency, amidst desperate teams like the Nets.

About half of Melo's annual salary, fwiw.

You have to wonder about what could have been:

D-Will
Fields
Gallo
Amare
Chandler

Moz, Douglas, Shumpert, Novak off the bench. And a 2012 1st rounder.

I'll just say it. That is the best team in the NBA. And as "homegrown" and fun as even OKC.

4year (minimum) prime, of upper crust contention.

The stank of James Dolan lives on, as we still continue to navigate our franchise and roster to something resembling a complete NBA team.

You could not have Gallo and Chandler or Gallo and Williams...
he is getting 10 million....so take one of them out and then u do not have a Top % team. Fair is Fair....Unless u mean wilson chandler...but still same not a top 5 team.

iSaYughh

Starter
You could not have Gallo and Chandler or Gallo and Williams...
he is getting 10 million....so take one of them out and then u do not have a Top % team. Fair is Fair....Unless u mean wilson chandler...but still same not a top 5 team.

Wait.

The X-Factor are any relevant CBA changes.

But isn't,

Felton = 8M (who would be expiring at the end of this season)

Chandler = 2M (likewise)

That right there would equal Gallo's salary in the deal he signed.

Melo is getting paid 18M.

So, re: D-Will, if we traded for him (vs Melo), we'd obviously be unloading extra salary, and that 18M would be a wash...

Assuming we didn't trade (and I don't think it's implausible, given how easily he got dumped to NJ, though we'd of course lose Fields in that arrangement),

We'd be signing him in the off-season, and his salary would obviously be lower than the 18M.

How could we not have Gallo and Chandler?

Let alone Gallo and Chandler and D-Will under these circumstances?

I'm not taking into account us taking on Billups' contract, too, but if anything that should represent extra space, no?

I could see us *maybe* being a few million off in being able to get all of them, but could also see us finding a way to shed that few milly (or getting D-Will or Gallo to take a paycut, eg).

skisloper

Starter
Wait.

The X-Factor are any relevant CBA changes.

But isn't,

Felton = 8M (who would be expiring at the end of this season)

Chandler = 2M (likewise)

That right there would equal Gallo's salary in the deal he signed.

Melo is getting paid 18M.

So, re: D-Will, if we traded for him (vs Melo), we'd obviously be unloading extra salary, and that 18M would be a wash...

Assuming we didn't trade (and I don't think it's implausible, given how easily he got dumped to NJ, though we'd of course lose Fields in that arrangement),

We'd be signing him in the off-season, and his salary would obviously be lower than the 18M.

How could we not have Gallo and Chandler?

Let alone Gallo and Chandler and D-Will under these circumstances?

I'm not taking into account us taking on Billups' contract, too, but if anything that should represent extra space, no?

I could see us *maybe* being a few million off in being able to get all of them, but could also see us finding a way to shed that few milly (or getting D-Will or Gallo to take a paycut, eg).

That few million is close to 7 million

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer

Yeah and he's not going anywhere until he dies. Just imagine the fun moves he'll make when he's 70 and suffering from dementia but won't loosen his grip