Is D'Antoni legit trying to make this team bad?

D'Antoni trying to sabotage the Knicks?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Wouldn't surprise me

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Would surprise me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Keeps guys who should be playing out of the rotation, has shitty plays/lack of plays, admits to being fine with bad play, etc.

Is he trying to show he's immune to being fired? Does he secretly hate the Knicks?

KingofNy

Starter
Keeps guys who should be playing out of the rotation, has shitty plays/lack of plays, admits to being fine with bad play, etc.

Is he trying to show he's immune to being fired? Does he secretly hate the Knicks?

I think he knows his career here is over so he confuses Dolan and fans by agreeing with us when we call him out for sucking which in turn confuses the sh*t out of EVERYONE including myself. It's obvious this guy has no clue. I think Dolan's tired of him as well but he doesn't know who to hire to begin with. I'm sure he's on the BatPhone with Isiah right now discussing his options and getting recommendations.

skisloper

Starter
Varejo out-rebounding us on pure hustle.....JORDAN SITS.....Now we have Jeffries as our rough and tumbler.....Jacking up 3"s...

PLay Jeremy Lin......We need assists. WTF IS THERE TO LOSE

KingofNy

Starter
Varejo out-rebounding us on pure hustle.....JORDAN SITS.....Now we have Jeffries as our rough and tumbler.....Jacking up 3"s...

PLay Jeremy Lin......We need assists. WTF IS THERE TO LOSE

Not to mention Lin, Novak and Jordan all looked crazy fast and accurate last night vs. Cleveland's starters. My wife watched them play and started cussing. I asked her what's wrong and she said she's furious at our coach and the fact he doesn't play them but will give a guy like Jeffries and Douglas 30 mins of play time.

It's pretty bad when my wife is pissed and she normally just reads books while the game is on but she can still see how bad this coach really is but Dolan can't. She even went as far as apologizing to Lin and Novak on Twitter last night for being stuck behind our sorry @ss coach.

Paul1355

All Star

Benching Novak when you need 3 point shooting desperately. Benching Jeremy Lin who is a better facilitator than Douglas and Shumpert.

Just to add a few things but mainly what you said.

And I love hearing the post game interviews. Mike D never has an answer. "We just have to get better" "We just have to find a way to hit shots"....excuses for his lack of ability to adjust during games and figure out his players.

KingofNy

Starter
Benching Novak when you need 3 point shooting desperately. Benching Jeremy Lin who is a better facilitator than Douglas and Shumpert.

Just to add a few things but mainly what you said.

And I love hearing the post game interviews. Mike D never has an answer. "We just have to get better" "We just have to find a way to hit shots"....excuses for his lack of ability to adjust during games and figure out his players.

Yea he blames his All-star players for not hitting shots. It's been almost 20 games and they've been "off" the entire time? Give me a break Dumbtoni! If he really wanted his guys to hit shots he'd play the guys that can shoot the long ball like Novak. Instead he lets Jeffries become the perimeter 3 shooter. What a joke.

Did he ever think that maybe his system involves running the same BASIC play over and over resulting in a predictable offense with terrible spacing and no open shots? These guys are all in the NBA because they call ball, is it a coincidence that they just shoot bad under D'Antoni?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I'll also point out that D'Antoni loves the three ball, but won't play Novak. He rather Amar'e take a three. We mentioned Novak already, but not this specifically. He may very well be trying to screw us over.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Yea he blames his All-star players for not hitting shots. It's been almost 20 games and they've been "off" the entire time? Give me a break Dumbtoni!

Did he ever think that maybe his system involves running the same BASIC play over and over resulting in a predictable offense with terrible spacing and no open shots? These guys are all in the NBA because they call ball, is it a coincidence that they just shoot bad under D'Antoni?
Mike D needs a steve Nash PG with legit sharp shooters everywhere to be effective or else his system fails.

If we aren't hitting our 3 point shots we always become stagnant and look lost. It's SIMPLE! You attack the rim, run pick and rolls and if guys are missing open shots like Douglas, Melo, whoever then you bring in other players quickly.

Mike D will keep in a lineup that hasn't scored for 5 minutes straight and wonders why he loses games.

You have to change the lineup when the offense is going no where. Put in anyone. I know Jeremy Lin could have played better as a pure PG than Douglas or Shumpert tonight, they were terrible and telegraphed every pass.

Novak was 3-3 from 3point land against Charlotte, why not put him in?

I dont care if his defense isn't good, we have Tyson Chandler behind him! Put in Novak and get some frigin offense!

It's like Mike D does stuff only until it gets so bad that it's too late and the fans were chanting to do certain things weeks or months before he even thought about it.

That is a bad coach.

He doesn't know his players.

knicksin60

Starter
Mike D'antoni is more fortunate than the people who win the NY MegaMillions.In just a couple of seasons Steve Nash disguised the worst coach in NBA history with the facade of a hall of fame coach by winning a couple of MVP awards and carrying his team to the Western Conference Finals.And not only did he make a bum coach look like the second coming of Red Holzman, he allowed the franchise with the dumbest front office in the history of the NBA to give him a multi year contract with a "Can't Fire Me Despite How Much I Suck" clause on it.Despite his putrid coaching, this man is probably the luckiest person on earth.He gets paid more than doctors and lawyers to do 30 percent of his job and embarrass an organization that people pay millions of dollars to support.Allowing this moron to walk away will be the greatest move that this franchise has made since the Patrick Ewing selection in the '85 draft.

KingofNy

Starter
Mike D'antoni is more fortunate than the people who win the NY MegaMillions.In just a couple of seasons Steve Nash disguised the worst coach in NBA history with the facade of a hall of fame coach by winning a couple of MVP awards and carrying his team to the Western Conference Finals.And not only did he make a bum coach look like the second coming of Red Holzman, he allowed the franchise with the dumbest front office in the history of the NBA to give him a multi year contract with a "Can't Fire Me Despite How Much I Suck" clause on it.Despite his putrid coaching, this man is probably the luckiest person on earth.He gets paid more than doctors and lawyers to do 30 percent of his job and embarrass an organization that people pay millions of dollars to support.Allowing this moron to walk away will be the greatest move that this franchise has made since the Patrick Ewing selection in the '85 draft.

Preach on my brother... Preach on. From your keyboard to Dolan's eyes. Hopefully.

KingofNy

Starter
Mike D needs a steve Nash PG with legit sharp shooters everywhere to be effective or else his system fails.

If we aren't hitting our 3 point shots we always become stagnant and look lost. It's SIMPLE! You attack the rim, run pick and rolls and if guys are missing open shots like Douglas, Melo, whoever then you bring in other players quickly.

Mike D will keep in a lineup that hasn't scored for 5 minutes straight and wonders why he loses games.

You have to change the lineup when the offense is going no where. Put in anyone. I know Jeremy Lin could have played better as a pure PG than Douglas or Shumpert tonight, they were terrible and telegraphed every pass.

Novak was 3-3 from 3point land against Charlotte, why not put him in?

I dont care if his defense isn't good, we have Tyson Chandler behind him! Put in Novak and get some frigin offense!

It's like Mike D does stuff only until it gets so bad that it's too late and the fans were chanting to do certain things weeks or months before he even thought about it.

That is a bad coach.

He doesn't know his players.

Dude you're dead on. As soon as I see D'Antoni come out with a second unit of Douglas, Walker, Fields, Jeffries, and Chandler I know we're in trouble.

You can't successfully score points when you field a team of NON-scorers in the same unit. Offense basically becomes 3 against 5 because our opponents don't respect Jeffries or Chandler so they leave em open and double the crap out of the rest of our "supposed" scorers. That mistake alone KILLS the game for us.

Note to everyone: He's been running that lineup awhile now and there +/- has got to be averaging at least -14. At least. Yesterday might of raised it a bit but not much.After that happens and our players are demoralized when the pick & roll stops working they get stuck and end up chucking covered shots the rest of the game because they have NO OTHER PLAYS to run so THERE'S NO PLAN B.

knicksin60

Starter
Preach on my brother... Preach on. From your keyboard to Dolan's eyes. Hopefully.

If James Dolan had ten percent of the brain of Jerry Buss he would have had D'antoni's locker cleaned out after the Knicks got swept in the playoffs last year.But apparently Dolan is dumber than a 5th grader and doesn't know the difference between a basketball court and a ballroom floor.

Paul1355

All Star
Dude you're dead on. As soon as I see D'Antoni come out with a second unit of Douglas, Walker, Fields, Jeffries, and Chandler I know we're in trouble.

You can't successfully score points when you field a team of NON-scorers in the same unit. Offense basically becomes 3 against 5 because our opponents don't respect Jeffries or Chandler so they leave em open and double the crap out of the rest of our "supposed" scorers. That mistake alone KILLS the game for us.

Note to everyone: He's been running that lineup awhile now and there +/- has got to be averaging at least -14. At least. Yesterday might of raised it a bit but not much.After that happens and our players are demoralized when the pick & roll stops working they get stuck and end up chucking covered shots the rest of the game because they have NO OTHER PLAYS to run so THERE'S NO PLAN B.
I know and look, Jeffries has played better than I expected and even hit 1 of our 3 downtown shots LOL

But you can't play him big minutes if your offense is struggling.

Tyson Chandler can be a force on offense if you have him post up a little bit and actually hit him when he rolls.

I don't know how bad we have to be to get Mike D fired.

KingofNy

Starter
I don't know how bad we have to be to get Mike D fired.

I'm sure Dolan is watching Moneyball now to figure out how to be a GM. It'll probably take a phone call from Isiah saying "now's the time" for him to take any action. The funny thing is that we already have a serviceable coach on our roster now (Woodson) that can take over without issues so it shouldn't be that hard of a decision, especially if money is the issue. All he'd have to do is hire coordinators to replace the other brother. This D'Antoni family of bad coaches has destroyed this team long enough... We can't afford another game of this crap coaching or we're in for a dead last season with NO DRAFT PICK.

You guys are going nuts now.

D'Antoni trying to sabotage the Knicks?? This is mental, but also ridiculous to the point where it's funny :teeth:

The best thing is you dn't state one reason why he would 'sabotage' the Knicks. If he wanted to be unemployed he'd just quit.

It's always the coaches for you guys posting on this board and NEVER the players.....

Guess what we had

Don Chaney
Herb Williams
Lenny Wilkens
Larry Brown
Isiah Thomas
Mike D'Antoni

= 6 coaches in the last 10 years and NONE of them had even the SLIGHTEST success here. Larry Brown and Lenny Wilkens are Hall of Famers as coaches and have won rings, Isiah had a decent coaching record with the Pacers, D'ANtoni had several 60+ win seasons in Phoenix....numbers don't lie, but yeah you guys know everything better!

Go ahead and keep blaming our coaches it's probably the easiest way to get rid off your frustration - but statistics tell me that we are stuck with shit and overpaied players and the worst owner in NBA history - might that probably be the reason for our continuing failure to wn even a ****ing Playoff game?????

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
You guys are going nuts now.

D'Antoni trying to sabotage the Knicks?? This is mental, but also ridiculous to the point where it's funny :teeth:

The best thing is you dn't state one reason why he would 'sabotage' the Knicks. If he wanted to be unemployed he'd just quit.

It's always the coaches for you guys posting on this board and NEVER the players.....

Guess what we had

Don Chaney
Herb Williams
Lenny Wilkens
Larry Brown
Isiah Thomas
Mike D'Antoni

= 6 coaches in the last 10 years and NONE of them had even the SLIGHTEST success here. Larry Brown and Lenny Wilkens are Hall of Famers as coaches and have won rings, Isiah had a decent coaching record with the Pacers, D'ANtoni had several 60+ win seasons in Phoenix....numbers don't lie, but yeah you guys know everything better!

Go ahead and keep blaming our coaches it's probably the easiest way to get rid off your frustration - but statistics tell me that we are stuck with shit and overpaied players and the worst owner in NBA history - might that probably be the reason for our continuing failure to wn even a ****ing Playoff game?????

Yeah there are many morons on this site who think that we should be a contender with better coach. LMAO. This team sucks regardless of D'Antoni bad coaching I mean who plays with heart and passion? only Chandler. Rest of the team puts no offert whatsoever thay play like they don't care. They receive their paychecks and they're happy. This "team" sucks getting rid of D'Antoni won't change anything.

clumsy

Rotation player
Flip Saunders for NY Knicks Coach.

How is it not time for him to go. D'antoni and his whole family need to get the ax. He is an offensive coach with a stagnant offense. I don't care if he doesn't teach D that was never his style but when you can't do what you were hired to do, it's time to pack your bags.

nyk_nyk

All Star

If you had a job working with some type of computer systems and you were having trouble getting the systems (for various reasons) to produce information your company needed on a monthly basis, they would just hire someone else who understood and could manipulate it better. They certainly wouldn't overhaul the system before replacing you.

No matter who the players were, we've had the SAME issues year after year. How is it NOT the coach????