Is D'Antoni legit trying to make this team bad?

D'Antoni trying to sabotage the Knicks?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Wouldn't surprise me

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Would surprise me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fender0577

Rotation player
Flip Saunders for NY Knicks Coach.

How is it not time for him to go. D'antoni and his whole family need to get the ax. He is an offensive coach with a stagnant offense. I don't care if he doesn't teach D that was never his style but when you can't do what you were hired to do, it's time to pack your bags.
Agreed, basketball is a simple game, get the highest percentage shot, his Offense is based on getting the worst shot possible.Time to go.

If you had a job working with some type of computer systems and you were having trouble getting the systems (for various reasons) to produce information your company needed on a monthly basis, they would just hire someone else who understood and could manipulate it better. They certainly wouldn't overhaul the system before replacing you.

No matter who the players were, we've had the SAME issues year after year. How is it NOT the coach????
Agreed once again, not saying we'll win the CHIP with another coach, but come on(antoni supporters) this guy sucks, how many times this year have we seen our whole starting 5 standing on the 3 point line.You can't blame MELO for that, even if were in ISO, the coach doesn't encourage body movement, it's little things like that that lose games.Time for him to go.

Kiyaman

Legend
You guys are going nuts now.

D'Antoni trying to sabotage the Knicks?? This is mental, but also ridiculous to the point where it's funny :teeth:

The best thing is you dn't state one reason why he would 'sabotage' the Knicks. If he wanted to be unemployed he'd just quit.

It's always the coaches for you guys posting on this board and NEVER the players.....

Guess what we had

Don Chaney
Herb Williams
Lenny Wilkens
Larry Brown
Isiah Thomas
Mike D'Antoni

= 6 coaches in the last 10 years and NONE of them had even the SLIGHTEST success here. Larry Brown and Lenny Wilkens are Hall of Famers as coaches and have won rings, Isiah had a decent coaching record with the Pacers, D'ANtoni had several 60+ win seasons in Phoenix....numbers don't lie, but yeah you guys know everything better!

Go ahead and keep blaming our coaches it's probably the easiest way to get rid off your frustration - but statistics tell me that we are stuck with shit and overpaied players and the worst owner in NBA history - might that probably be the reason for our continuing failure to wn even a ****ing Playoff game?????

Dantoni's first two seasons of "TANKING" the Knicks seasons with his personal
DNP of healthy players to use his famous short 6 or 7 man rotation. Dantoni's
flawed coaching cause more havoc in the Knicks lockerroom of players than
Isiah Thomas divided-players coaching.

Back it up....G.M Ernie Grunfield final season roster made it to the FINALS,
and the new G.M Layden tore that roster apart his first 3 months on the job.
Layden's final season roster to coach Don Chaney were a 2nd round playoff
team. Isiah's first two months as Knicks GM tore the roster apart plus fired
Don Chaney at the same time.
Isiah's final season roster included a lottery-pick (Brook Lopez), and a MLE
(Duhon) with a No Isiah Thomas distraction around the Knicks organization,
which made the Knicks roster a 2nd round postseason team under interim
coach Herb Williams & Mark Aquire. New G.M Donnie Walsh tore up the roster
after 11 games into the season with his DNP partner headcoach Dantoni to
deliberately "TANK" two seasons in a row.

We all know Isiah Thomas has been hated by NBA coaches, players, and fans
since the original "DREAMTEAM" refuse Isiah. So it shouldnt have been a suprise
when Knicks players played with no effort for Isiah Thomas.......
especially when it was Ron Artest kicking Knicks monitors to make the Pacer's
players start playing with effort for Indiana Pacers headcoach Isiah Thomas.

Dantoni's flawed-clueless coaching of bigmen and defense
is making the Knicks a legit bad team.
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont Hate the Player.....FIRE Dantoni

Yeah there are many morons on this site who think that we should be a contender with better coach. LMAO. This team sucks regardless of D'Antoni bad coaching I mean who plays with heart and passion? only Chandler. Rest of the team puts no offert whatsoever thay play like they don't care. They receive their paychecks and they're happy. This "team" sucks getting rid of D'Antoni won't change anything.

I will put big $$$ cash on this same Knicks team going on a 6 to 9 game winning-
streak after Dantoni is FIRED....to become a 4 to 5 seed postseason team.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I will put big $$$ cash on this same Knicks team going on a 6 to 9 game winning-
streak after Dantoni is FIRED....to become a 4 to 5 seed postseason team.

I'll with you on that bet Kiya. This team is talented enough to be playing at least .550 ball right now with a better coach.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Dantoni success in Phoenix was a FLUKE!
Dantoni's flawed-clueless coaching of bigmen and defense
is making the Knicks a legit bad team.

OK, I don't disagree. What I asked is WHY, what does he have to gain from "sabotaging" the Knicks?

fender0577

Rotation player
OK, I don't disagree. What I asked is WHY, what does he have to gain from "sabotaging" the Knicks?
I look at it this way, if he ISN'T "sabotaging" the Knicks, he's the worst coach iv'e ever seen, so he has to go.If he IS "sabotaging" the Knicks, he's the enemy and has to go, either way, he has to go.

I doubt it's on purpose...he's just clueless. If he adjusted his game a bit he can put himself in a good positon, but he's too stubborn to do that.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'll with you on that bet Kiya. This team is talented enough to be playing at least .550 ball right now with a better coach.

nyk_nyk.....whatup! this roster is a .550+ roster....our situation stem from
the summer workout facility being closed for our young players to scrimage,
no training-camp, no preseason games, and a clueless celebrity Headcoach
EGO bigger than Stat & Melo ego's put together.

We have 6 guards on our roster....why havnt our guards been paired-up as a
tandem to work-out together in the backcourt as a first-unit, second-unit,
and third-unit throughout our 18 games?
TD & Fields
Bibby & Shump
Lin & Walker
They dont have to be match-up like I have them....but they should be match-
up as partners in the backcourt so our Big-3 frontcourt have an idea of what
to expect from each backcourt unit.
That is our so-call PG problem!

Our Big-3 frontcourt (Tyson/Stat/Melo) has no replacement backups where
our Big-3 frontcourt players could rest on the bench together an observe
oponents strong areas/weak areas to discuss how they could take advantage
when they get back on court.
It did not matter how raw or low the talent/skills level on our frontcourt
bench players of "Jordan/Jorts/Balkman" were as our 2nd unit frontcourt
replacement, their playingtime job were important to the team to rest our
Starter/Finisher BIG-3 frontcourt players for 4 to 6 minutes on the bench
each half, so our Big-3 frontcourt players could rest together while
discussing a winning strategy -vs- oponents during each game.

We have some role-players u only give playingtime to in the 2nd half of a
game to add fresh legs and a change of tactics in Jefferies/Novac/Walker/and Lin.

I'm with you guys calling D'Antoni out. I absolutely agree that he is the wrong coach for the Knicks and probably clueless and Nash made him....who knows, BUT - and here comes my point:

Why did Hall of Fame coaches like Lenny Wilkens or Larry Brown fail horribly in New York? Why did Isiah Thomas, who had a good record with Indiana as a head coach fail in New York, why did Don Chaney, who was the first assistant under Jeff Van Gunday, fail as a head coach in New York?

Why didn't we win a Playoff game since 2001?
Why did we only make the PLayoffs twice in 10 years, despite having two Hall of Famers, a former Finals assistant coach (Chaney) and a guy who had several 60+ win seasons as coaches?

When was the last time we had a top 10, even a top 15 player in New York?

See the correlation?

D'Antoni is bad and has to go, but this is goes way beyond D'Antoni, waaaay beyond D'Antoni.

I don't wanna sound like a broken record again, so I won't bring up Dolan. His flaws as an owner are well documented, so let me come up with two new things:

1) The lack of high Draft picks has hurt us. The last time we were a true top team (and I don't mean on paper, but on the court and in the standings) we had a team that was built around a number one pick in Patrick Ewing. A player we actually drafted and not traded for or signed via free agency - no we drafted him and built a team around him. A team that dominated the Atlantic Division for a decade and went to the Finals twice. We didn't have even a top 3 pick for what 25 years? This hurts us badly and leads me to my second point:

2) We thoroughly and constantly overpay in trades and/or on the free agent market. We trade half our roster away for a guy who's not even a top 20 player in the ESPN rankings, we trade away a barrage of first round picks for players who had well documented disciplinary issues (Curry, Marbury). We pay a fake superstar with no defense or rings $100 million over 5 years, we sign a shooter for $100 million (I love H20, no homo, but that contract was insane). We sign roster fillers on mid level exceptions (James, Jeffries), we sign ballhogs on fat contracts (Crawford, Richardson) in the range of $10 million and more.....it's disgusting and if it wasn't for those great teams in the 90s I probably or rather most definitely wouldn't even be a Knicks fan, because what this franchise has done since the year 2000 is beyond aggravating - it's painful and like torture to everyone who loves this franchise.

So when I'm so damn critical all the time, it's because I'm hurt. I'm ****ing hurt buy what this franchise has done to me over the past 10 years.

That's all folks - just my two cents.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
So when I'm so damn critical all the time, it's because I'm hurt. I'm ****ing hurt buy what this franchise has done to me over the past 10 years.

I 100% agree with everything...including the hurt, brother.
I wish I could stop caring about the Knicks sometimes. Just purge the sections of my heart and head that are occupied by this damn team! :fury:

:finger: for Dolan!

fender0577

Rotation player
I'm with you guys calling D'Antoni out. I absolutely agree that he is the wrong coach for the Knicks and probably clueless and Nash made him....who knows, BUT - and here comes my point:

Why did Hall of Fame coaches like Lenny Wilkens or Larry Brown fail horribly in New York? Why did Isiah Thomas, who had a good record with Indiana as a head coach fail in New York, why did Don Chaney, who was the first assistant under Jeff Van Gunday, fail as a head coach in New York?

Why did we only make the PLayoffs twice in 10 years, despite having two Hall of Famers, a former Finals assistant coach (Chaney) and a guy who had several 60+ win seasons as coaches?

See the correlation?

D'Antoni is bad and has to go, but this is goes way beyond D'Antoni, waaaay beyond D'Antoni.

I don't wanna sound like a broken record again, so I won't bring up Dolan. His flaws as an owner are well documented, so let me come up with two new things:

1) The lack of high Draft picks has hurt us. The last time we were a true top team (and I don't mean on paper, but on the court and in the standings) we had a team that was built around a number one pick in Patrick Ewing. A player we actually drafted and not traded for or signed via free agency - no we drafted him and built a team around him. A team that dominated the Atlantic Division for a decade and went to the Finals twice. We didn't have even a top 3 pick for what 25 years? This hurts us badly and leads me to my second point:

2) We thoroughly and constantly overpay in trades and/or on the free agent market. We trade half our roster away for a guy who's not even a top 20 player in the ESPN rankings, we trade away a barrage of first round picks for players who had well documented disciplinary issues (Curry, Marbury). We pay a fake superstar with no defense or rings $100 million over 5 years, we sign a shooter for $100 million (I love H20, no homo, but that contract was insane). We sign roster fillers on mid level exceptions (James, Jeffries), we sign ballhogs on fat contracts (Crawford, Richardson) in the range of $10 million and more.....it's disgusting and if it wasn't for those great teams in the 90s I probably or rather most definitely wouldn't even be a Knicks fan, because what this franchise has done since the year 2000 is beyond aggravating - it's painful and like torture to everyone who loves this franchise.

You my friend...are dead on with everything you just said.You should E-Mail this to the knicks front office, 100 times.

KingofNy

Starter

He's sabotaging the Knicks because he already knows he's done after the season and he doesn't want to see the next coach come in and take us to the Finals. So he probably figures he'll kill the value of our team and make EVERY star not want to come here to play for cheap like we got Baron.

No one knows for sure what his motives are, we ALL just KNOW that the guy is coaching LIKE he's trying to sabotage the team so WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

Kiyaman

Legend

See the correlation?

There is 3 answers to that question:
1) Layden
2) Isiah
3) Walsh

Each came in with the intention of clearing the previous roster of all 15 players....
how do u think the Knicks players felt when a new G.M. was hired?

Now u know....why I "BASHED" all three of our last G.M. from their hire to their fire...