View Poll Results: D'Antoni trying to sabotage the Knicks?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 29.41%
  • No

7 41.18%
  • Wouldn't surprise me

5 29.41%
  • Would surprise me

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is D'Antoni legit trying to make this team bad?

Veteran

Originally Posted by unloopme
    OK, I don't disagree. What I asked is WHY, what does he have to gain from "sabotaging" the Knicks?

Dantoni is not sabotaging the Knicks....
    Dantoni just cant coach NBA or NCAA basketball...

Superstar

OK, I don't disagree. What I asked is WHY, what does he have to gain from "sabotaging" the Knicks?
    I look at it this way, if he ISN'T "sabotaging" the Knicks, he's the worst coach iv'e ever seen, so he has to go.If he IS "sabotaging" the Knicks, he's the enemy and has to go, either way, he has to go.

Veteran

I doubt it's on purpose...he's just clueless. If he adjusted his game a bit he can put himself in a good positon, but he's too stubborn to do that.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I'll with you on that bet Kiya. This team is talented enough to be playing at least .550 ball right now with a better coach.

nyk_nyk.....whatup! this roster is a .550+ roster....our situation stem from
    the summer workout facility being closed for our young players to scrimage,
    no training-camp, no preseason games, and a clueless celebrity Headcoach
    EGO bigger than Stat & Melo ego's put together.

We have 6 guards on our roster....why havnt our guards been paired-up as a
    tandem to work-out together in the backcourt as a first-unit, second-unit,
    and third-unit throughout our 18 games?
    TD & Fields
    Bibby & Shump
    Lin & Walker
    They dont have to be match-up like I have them....but they should be match-
    up as partners in the backcourt so our Big-3 frontcourt have an idea of what
    to expect from each backcourt unit.
    That is our so-call PG problem!

Our Big-3 frontcourt (Tyson/Stat/Melo) has no replacement backups where
    our Big-3 frontcourt players could rest on the bench together an observe
    oponents strong areas/weak areas to discuss how they could take advantage
    when they get back on court.
    It did not matter how raw or low the talent/skills level on our frontcourt
    bench players of "Jordan/Jorts/Balkman" were as our 2nd unit frontcourt
    replacement, their playingtime job were important to the team to rest our
    Starter/Finisher BIG-3 frontcourt players for 4 to 6 minutes on the bench
    each half, so our Big-3 frontcourt players could rest together while
    discussing a winning strategy -vs- oponents during each game.

We have some role-players u only give playingtime to in the 2nd half of a
    game to add fresh legs and a change of tactics in Jefferies/Novac/Walker/and Lin.

I'm with you guys calling D'Antoni out. I absolutely agree that he is the wrong coach for the Knicks and probably clueless and Nash made him....who knows, BUT - and here comes my point:

Why did Hall of Fame coaches like Lenny Wilkens or Larry Brown fail horribly in New York? Why did Isiah Thomas, who had a good record with Indiana as a head coach fail in New York, why did Don Chaney, who was the first assistant under Jeff Van Gunday, fail as a head coach in New York?

Why didn't we win a Playoff game since 2001?
    Why did we only make the PLayoffs twice in 10 years, despite having two Hall of Famers, a former Finals assistant coach (Chaney) and a guy who had several 60+ win seasons as coaches?

When was the last time we had a top 10, even a top 15 player in New York?

See the correlation?

D'Antoni is bad and has to go, but this is goes way beyond D'Antoni, waaaay beyond D'Antoni.

I don't wanna sound like a broken record again, so I won't bring up Dolan. His flaws as an owner are well documented, so let me come up with two new things:

1) The lack of high Draft picks has hurt us. The last time we were a true top team (and I don't mean on paper, but on the court and in the standings) we had a team that was built around a number one pick in Patrick Ewing. A player we actually drafted and not traded for or signed via free agency - no we drafted him and built a team around him. A team that dominated the Atlantic Division for a decade and went to the Finals twice. We didn't have even a top 3 pick for what 25 years? This hurts us badly and leads me to my second point:

2) We thoroughly and constantly overpay in trades and/or on the free agent market. We trade half our roster away for a guy who's not even a top 20 player in the ESPN rankings, we trade away a barrage of first round picks for players who had well documented disciplinary issues (Curry, Marbury). We pay a fake superstar with no defense or rings $100 million over 5 years, we sign a shooter for $100 million (I love H20, no homo, but that contract was insane). We sign roster fillers on mid level exceptions (James, Jeffries), we sign ballhogs on fat contracts (Crawford, Richardson) in the range of $10 million and more.....it's disgusting and if it wasn't for those great teams in the 90s I probably or rather most definitely wouldn't even be a Knicks fan, because what this franchise has done since the year 2000 is beyond aggravating - it's painful and like torture to everyone who loves this franchise.

So when I'm so damn critical all the time, it's because I'm hurt. I'm ****ing hurt buy what this franchise has done to me over the past 10 years.

That's all folks - just my two cents.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    So when I'm so damn critical all the time, it's because I'm hurt. I'm ****ing hurt buy what this franchise has done to me over the past 10 years.

I 100% agree with everything...including the hurt, brother.
    I wish I could stop caring about the Knicks sometimes. Just purge the sections of my heart and head that are occupied by this damn team!

for Dolan!

Superstar

I'm with you guys calling D'Antoni out. I absolutely agree that he is the wrong coach for the Knicks and probably clueless and Nash made him....who knows, BUT - and here comes my point:

Why did Hall of Fame coaches like Lenny Wilkens or Larry Brown fail horribly in New York? Why did Isiah Thomas, who had a good record with Indiana as a head coach fail in New York, why did Don Chaney, who was the first assistant under Jeff Van Gunday, fail as a head coach in New York?

Why did we only make the PLayoffs twice in 10 years, despite having two Hall of Famers, a former Finals assistant coach (Chaney) and a guy who had several 60+ win seasons as coaches?

See the correlation?

D'Antoni is bad and has to go, but this is goes way beyond D'Antoni, waaaay beyond D'Antoni.

I don't wanna sound like a broken record again, so I won't bring up Dolan. His flaws as an owner are well documented, so let me come up with two new things:

1) The lack of high Draft picks has hurt us. The last time we were a true top team (and I don't mean on paper, but on the court and in the standings) we had a team that was built around a number one pick in Patrick Ewing. A player we actually drafted and not traded for or signed via free agency - no we drafted him and built a team around him. A team that dominated the Atlantic Division for a decade and went to the Finals twice. We didn't have even a top 3 pick for what 25 years? This hurts us badly and leads me to my second point:

2) We thoroughly and constantly overpay in trades and/or on the free agent market. We trade half our roster away for a guy who's not even a top 20 player in the ESPN rankings, we trade away a barrage of first round picks for players who had well documented disciplinary issues (Curry, Marbury). We pay a fake superstar with no defense or rings $100 million over 5 years, we sign a shooter for $100 million (I love H20, no homo, but that contract was insane). We sign roster fillers on mid level exceptions (James, Jeffries), we sign ballhogs on fat contracts (Crawford, Richardson) in the range of $10 million and more.....it's disgusting and if it wasn't for those great teams in the 90s I probably or rather most definitely wouldn't even be a Knicks fan, because what this franchise has done since the year 2000 is beyond aggravating - it's painful and like torture to everyone who loves this franchise.

You my friend...are dead on with everything you just said.You should E-Mail this to the knicks front office, 100 times.

He's sabotaging the Knicks because he already knows he's done after the season and he doesn't want to see the next coach come in and take us to the Finals. So he probably figures he'll kill the value of our team and make EVERY star not want to come here to play for cheap like we got Baron.

No one knows for sure what his motives are, we ALL just KNOW that the guy is coaching LIKE he's trying to sabotage the team so WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

Veteran

See the correlation?

There is 3 answers to that question:
    1) Layden
    2) Isiah
    3) Walsh

Each came in with the intention of clearing the previous roster of all 15 players....
    how do u think the Knicks players felt when a new G.M. was hired?

Now u know....why I "BASHED" all three of our last G.M. from their hire to their fire...

Im tired of having a team that deserves to get booed

IMO, Larry Brown never got a fair chance to coach the team. I think he would have been a good fit for the identity of the team. Chaney was never a serious hire and Wilkens just couldn't command their attention. Isiah just failed.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by Kiyaman

There is 3 answers to that question:
    1) Layden
    2) Isiah
    3) Walsh

Each came in with the intention of clearing the previous roster of all 15 players....
    how do u think the Knicks players felt when a new G.M. was hired?

Now u know....why I "BASHED" all three of our last G.M. from their hire to their fire...
    Exactly. Team Chemistry > Talent

That's why I was anti-Walsh from a couple of months into his tenure.
    He wanted to blame everyone on the Knicks for their losing, when it was really a handfull of scrubs ruining the team(Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Malik Rose, etc).

I think Antoni is trying to win games. He has a big ego. He just sucks.
    He thinks his "chuck a three, ooh-wee system" can work without Steve Nash, but he's clearly wrong.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    IMO, Larry Brown never got a fair chance to coach the team. I think he would have been a good fit for the identity of the team. Chaney was never a serious hire and Wilkens just couldn't command their attention. Isiah just failed.
    Larry Brown was terrible.

He had a good team in Detroit and everyone thought Brown would make the Knicks the old Pistons with Billups, Rip, Prince and Wallace.

We have to stop assuming that a coach is going to make us a winning franchise suddenly.

Only Phil Jackson has that ability to honestly change this whole team around.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Dantoni is not sabotaging the Knicks....
    Dantoni just cant coach NBA or NCAA basketball...
    His style would be good a Rucker Park though... Half-assed pick & rolls, chucking up covered 3's from 45 ft, no ball movement, at least 2-3 failed alley oop attempts, no inside out game, organized streetball. He'd be bomb there. Not here though, GTFO NY Mike & Dan D'Antoni!

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    We have to stop assuming that a coach is going to make us a winning franchise suddenly.

Only Phil Jackson has that ability to honestly change this whole team around.
    I don't even think Jackson can "instantly" turn a team without chemistry around. Maybe "quickly" (one season), but not instantly. Larry Brown's short tenure wasn't so bad. Wasn't his major beef clashing with Marbury and Thomas?