Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mellow & Stat for Howard

Banned

Default Mellow & Stat for Howard

I would do this trade. Lets rebuild.

How about Mike D'Antoni and Dan D'Antoni for a bag of cheetos and a can of coke? Am I asking too much? I'd do it in a heart beat. Pull the trigger!

Isiah Thomas is running a Florida based team but it isn't the Orlando Magic.Even the Magic are not stupid enough to give up their best player for 2 of the most overpaid players who mesh less than oil and water on a basektball court.

The trade Melo threads are F*cking great.
    Idiots.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    How about Mike D'Antoni and Dan D'Antoni for a bag of cheetos and a can of coke? Am I asking too much? I'd do it in a heart beat. Pull the trigger!
    The Coca-Cola Company and Frito-Lay executives would feel highly disrespected if the Knicks went to them for such an offer.

Banned

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    The trade Melo threads are F*cking great.
    Idiots.
    Not saying Melo is a bad player, he's not...I just don't think he's capable of bringing championship basketball here. Amare either.

Howard, Chandler a healthy Baron Davis...and some other role players (Jeremy Lin). At least they will compete.

Originally Posted by joegti10
    Not saying Melo is a bad player, he's not...I just don't think he's capable of bringing championship basketball here. Amare either.

Howard, Chandler a healthy Baron Davis...and some other role players (Jeremy Lin). At least they will compete.
    Our team is a whole different team when run in the proper system. Players shouldn't have to buy into a system, they should just fit in. That is ONE of the MANY ways our coach fails.

Originally Posted by joegti10

..no .

Veteran

Our team is a whole different team when run in the proper system. Players shouldn't have to buy into a system, they should just fit in. That is ONE of the MANY ways our coach fails.
    Disagree.

Whether it is Sloan, Jackson...or MDA....you have a system and a style and you get the best players to either already fit into it, or the burden is on them (and you as a coach to get them to play that).

If they aren't a natural fit, obviously it's a tough process, and/or takes some time and consistency.

Which is why the burden is also on upper management to get those best players, and to put a premium on players who can adapt well to it.

The burden isn't on the coach to tailor the team style and systems to a player(s).

IF you simply do not like his system, or buy into it, and think it is a total fail, etc. that's a separate issue.

Last year, Greg Popovich took one look at his roster and said "we're running the **** outta the ball."

He didn't say "ok, we no longer have a defensive minded, half court oriented team, but let's do that anyway."

Frank Vogel took control of the Pacers, and didn't say "ok, let's keep utilizing this quasi-triangle system that's taking the ball out of DC's hands, and making him an uncomfortable off-ball guard, no, DC...here's the rock, run P-n-R's to your heart's content, just make sure you feed Tyler and Roy down low (now it's those 2 + David West), and make sure Danny gets his touches. Now they have two guards out there in DC and Hill who always keeps the offense in some semblance of competency.

Portland lost Roy and Miller, but gained Felton and Crash...Nate McMillan didn't say "**** it, we're still gonna be the most methodical, half court oriented team in the league" he said "young ***** Felton, here's the ball. RUN."

But the Knicks need to buy into MDA's system whether or not it's the right fit for them.......ok.

I agree that some people hate against the man no matter what, but some people also defend this dude like his honor is directly tied to whether or not their lungs draw in air.

I don't get it.

If the Spurs only played the guys comfortable in the half court last year, they would have had like a 4 man rotation. But Pops said, we're gonna accommodate our guys, play up tempo, and win 60 games.

When Brandon Roy and Andre Miller were in Portland, they had a slow methodical offense, now with those two guys gone, they're up tempo, running, and playing lights out.

You can't just say coaches don't adjust to their roster for the sake of argument. That's seriously insane. A tactician that doesn't adjust to the components he has to work with?

Isn't that the exact opposite of being a tactician? "Here I have a square peg, and a round hole.....no, I will not reshape this piece to fit....I'm gonna stand here and just try, and try, and try, and try, until either someone puts me outta my misery, or by some miracle, my determination brings me some measure of success."

Superstar

Say it again, both of these dudes have averaged over 25 ppg, come one people, no trades.Clip this coach, and mark my words, were a totally different team.

+1

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    The Coca-Cola Company and Frito-Lay executives would feel highly disrespected if the Knicks went to them for such an offer.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Last year, Greg Popovich took one look at his roster and said "we're running the **** outta the ball."

He didn't say "ok, we no longer have a defensive minded, half court oriented team, but let's do that anyway."

Frank Vogel took control of the Pacers, and didn't say "ok, let's keep utilizing this quasi-triangle system that's taking the ball out of DC's hands, and making him an uncomfortable off-ball guard, no, DC...here's the rock, run P-n-R's to your heart's content, just make sure you feed Tyler and Roy down low (now it's those 2 + David West), and make sure Danny gets his touches. Now they have two guards out there in DC and Hill who always keeps the offense in some semblance of competency.

Portland lost Roy and Miller, but gained Felton and Crash...Nate McMillan didn't say "**** it, we're still gonna be the most methodical, half court oriented team in the league" he said "young ***** Felton, here's the ball. RUN."

But the Knicks need to buy into MDA's system whether or not it's the right fit for them.......ok.

I agree that some people hate against the man no matter what, but some people also defend this dude like his honor is directly tied to whether or not their lungs draw in air.

I don't get it.

YES YES YES, and no, no one gets it. the only Coaching MDA does when the game is in play is as the players run past him, he yells, "go go lets go lets go"? really helpful

Veteran

That trade wouldn't be fair...unless you upgrade the can of soda into a 16oz. Better yet...just a six pack of suds will be good enough for me.