Knicks @ Heat: Friday, Jan 27th, 8:00pm. The Gruesome Tale Of 2 Rebuilt Franchises.

For a rep point, guess how many points Jefferies scores tonight.

• Total voters

Red

TYPE-A
I thought the same thing. STAT Was open for an alley...

I just knew we would end the game this way...:barf:

I hope everyone realizes how self-defeating this approach is.

Ya see, when you rely too much on threes, the laws of probability exist and will become apparent, even if on a crazy streak it will balance out in the long run. Timing is what's needed.

With the game in the balance, and points are needed, a team of players who primarily were living by the three, have no answers; no other options, at least not some that they were hot with...

it's during these times, when baskets are needed, game in the balance, that it should be evident that the WRONG approach was used.

Play the game they way it's supposed to be played. Make the other team beat you; don't put YOURSELF behind the eight ball and be forced to battle the enemy as well as yourself.

+1 for you.

Red

TYPE-A
Notice how Toney Douglas couldn't hit a lay-up in traffic...?

That's fundamentals.

OK we tried it the MOA way, right?

How'd that look:barf:

Red

TYPE-A
We hit 18 3's, if all those we 2's we'd have 71 points..........thats a shame

Not true... we'd have picked up FOULS!

Which would lead to a different scoring dynamic, along with a different substitution pattern from MIA. Which has a higher probability of increasing our scoring also.

Simple.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
everyone is complaining thats all everyone does i understand with all the unacceptable losses but losing to the heat by this much without melo and with stat struggling thats a loss that ill take yes we had a bunch of opportunities for easy points to me its all about point guard play how many times i saw stat open for the drive through a pick and roll and douglas or shump passing it to someone for a three kills me and it makes STAT look bad not the guards cause thats how stat gets alot of his points and our guards cant even run it

CA7

Scoring Champ
Not true... we'd have picked up FOULS!

Which would lead to a different scoring dynamic, along with a different substitution pattern from MIA. Which has a higher probability of increasing our scoring also.

Simple.

not at all, we didn't attack the basket at all point is if for every 3 we made our foot was on the line, we'd have gotten blown out, Miami toyed with us and made us their btich

Red

TYPE-A
Miami looked like the Harlem Globetrotters at times. Thanks for the dunk show Heat... :barf:

It was over before we started.

Entertaining though... right?

Thats what you want.. entertainment right? :shrug:

Are you not entertained?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Ok there goes your ball movement and no ball stopping players folks. Did you enjoy the outcome? Would you have liked to have our killer instinct player to get guys into foul trouble and battle wade and Lebrun down the stretch? I can't believe people would trade melo over amare. Amare doesn't even command the ball.

For 100 mil you gott at least try to put the team on your back. Before some of you idiots say he needed a competent passer, I say to you all he needed to do was make his way to the strong side and battle for position. Instead this guy likes to stroll on the perimeter quietly.

Red

TYPE-A
Ok there goes your ball movement and no ball stopping players folks. Did you enjoy the outcome? Would you have liked to have our killer instinct player to get guys into foul trouble and battle wade and Lebrun down the stretch? I can't believe people would trade melo over amare. Amare doesn't even command the ball.

For 100 mil you gott at least try to put the team on your back. Before some of you idiots say he needed a competent passer, I say to you all he needed to do was make his way to the strong side and battle for position. Instead this guy likes to stroll on the perimeter quietly.

WWDD?

(What would Doc (Rivers) Do?)

...think STAT would be roaming the perimeter under him?

tiger0330

Legend
I give up with this team. Probably the only team in the NBA that could shoot 43 3s and make 42% of them and still lose the game. Pathetic.

Red

TYPE-A
Lmao!

everyone is complaining thats all everyone does i understand with all the unacceptable losses but losing to the heat by this much without melo and with stat struggling thats a loss that ill take yes we had a bunch of opportunities for easy points to me its all about point guard play how many times i saw stat open for the drive through a pick and roll and douglas or shump passing it to someone for a three kills me and it makes STAT look bad not the guards cause thats how stat gets alot of his points and our guards cant even run it

40oz_laugh_in_tub.gif

CA7

Scoring Champ

I was gonna say this but I thought it was self-evident, now the whole world Knows its not Melo's fault STAT plays like shit, he was suppose to be "THE GUY" tonight and it turned out to be Billy Bad Ass Walker

So stop with the Melo bashing because if we had a hungry Melo who always battle LeBron and Wade tough with a scorching Billy we win this game close

Just because we didn't get blown out shouldn't be enough to convince you we'll be alright.. We always play hard vs good teams and stink it up against the terrible ones...