Really dumb move by Melo and whole organization

CA7

Scoring Champ
I agree, knicks have no answer and its like they are trying to avoid the truth....that Mike D experiment has failed and playing Toney Douglas just ruins any change of winning.

Melo should of sat against the bad teams. To not play against the Heat surprised me, especially how Melo is a competitor.

Lost a little respect for Melo on this one.

I didn't you know why, we had "ball movement" hit 18 3's and lost so I know he isn't the problem

I called after the Charlotte game, ball movement, Melo not stopping the ball, blah blah blah......he did what I said he would do either play the same way vs Miami how he did vs Charlotte or sit out and see how the team played and look

petescud

Starter
didn't you know why, we had "ball movement" hit 18 3's and lost so I know he isn't the problem

yes we had ball movement but little player movement, and none of our guys can break down a defense aside from melo. Shumpert is still young, Amar'e gets blocked or called for offensive fouls 90% of the time, against the good teams...Honestly TD broke it down 1-2x today, but the Heat play incredible D. Especially when they want to (like tonight)

Paul1355

All Star
I didn't you know why, we had "ball movement" hit 18 3's and lost so I know he isn't the problem

I called after the Charlotte game, ball movement, Melo not stopping the ball, blah blah blah......he did what I said he would do either play the same way vs Miami how he did vs Charlotte or sit out and see how the team played and look
we did NOT have ball movement....we got extremely lucky and hit some hard 3 point shots....Bil Walker had atelast 3 of them were he was leaning and made it in which is impossible....he was just on fire.

This game reminds me of the game against the Bulls last season when we went into Chicago and hit a million threes and torched them.

Games like these don't matter because 9 times out of 10 we don't hit the 3's so having a game like this just makes us chuck more the next game.

We had 19 turnovers and you said we had ball movement??? please bro

As long as Douglas plays PG we will never have any ball movement. He is terrible and Im sick of him not driving to the basket consistently and atelast try to break down a defense. He is one of the fastest players in the league, yet he never uses his speed to his strength. Another time when Mike D doesn't use a players strength.

Amare got the ball i think one time on a pick and roll. We never took advantage of having Tyson Chandler in the paint against a team with no legit Center.

Mike D is the worst.

Our team could have easily been blown out by 30. Take Bill Walker out of the game and we get crushed, this was not ball movement.

It was pure luck from hitting a million threes.

We shot 43 of them! That is not good offense and ball movement, atleast from my eyes on my tv watching the entire game was still stagnant MANY times.

I don't see the positive "moral" loss to this one.

we should have won because we were so hot from downtown and STILL LOST, we suck.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Melo is a man in his PRIME questioning his ROLE and his ABILITY.

Not good signs.

I say, take a risk and put the man in limited minutes as a Point Forward, like when McGrady arrived. Give 'Melo a chance to find out what this team is really about from the position we need the most help in. Not saying he should be calling plays, but it forces Melo to look for other players, and I hope it frees up the 4/5 to do more (score or kick out).

Wargames

Starter
Melo is a man in his PRIME questioning his ROLE and his ABILITY.

Not good signs.

I say, take a risk and put the man in limited minutes as a Point Forward, like when McGrady arrived. Give 'Melo a chance to find out what this team is really about from the position we need the most help in.

D'antoni making him play point forward is why he is questioning himself. His whole career was score....

Iso then Shoot a pull up 2 in the perimeter = Score
Post up on a weaker defender to do a turn away shot = Score
shoot a 3 in transition = Score
Iso to do a quick step = Score
Wait by the Base line to catch the ball and drive to the hoop = Score

Then he comes to the knicks and its

Create for others..... And shoot outside the perimeter from ISO..... and Greenlit shots from everywhere..... Also don't worry about Posting up even though that is one of your strengths.

Melo is more injured from trying to run around screen on the perimeter trying to get an open shot than he was in Denver from posting up on weaker (90% of SF are weaker than him). That whole fiasco picture of the 3 defenders on him is because D'antoni is still trying to turn him into a point forward.

Thats the problem I will keep saying it either the knicks find a PG to feed Melo in his sweet spots or they need a system that helps Melo get open by him knowing where to go without the ball to get open.

Basketball is simple. Also Point forward is hurting Melos scoring ability. All it does is zero every opposing defender on him since half the time he brings it up he is going to go for the points himself. He needs just play SF and score.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo should be averaging 30 this year but he isn't being put in the best scoring opportunities. Everyone is asking him to be a role player that isn't his game. He's getting shit on for having a killer instinct and scorer's mentality. Kevin Durant is the same player but gets all the respect in the world because he gets set up properly. Get Melo a Point Guard or better coach and see a huge difference

pakopako

Benchwarmer
D'antoni making him play point forward is why he is questioning himself. His whole career was score....

Melo is more injured from trying to run around screen on the perimeter trying to get an open shot than he was in Denver from posting up on weaker (90% of SF are weaker than him). That whole fiasco picture of the 3 defenders on him is because D'antoni is still trying to turn him into a point forward.

Thats the problem I will keep saying it either the knicks find a PG to feed Melo in his sweet spots or they need a system that helps Melo get open by him knowing where to go without the ball to get open.
The fiasco of opponent teams focusing on 'Melo is that we don't have / can't find a PG to feed 'Melo (or Stat or Chandler for that matter) and, by default, 'Melo becomes the PG.

I'm not disagreeing with you -- the Knicks need to either forge a PG out of its existing players (Lin, Bibby?) or snatch one from somewhere else, but as it stands, 'Melo has the best court-vision on the floor which means he CAN'T be focusing scoring. (I agree, it sounds dumb, but it's the fastest viable option.)

Felton made Stoudemire in New York, quote me on that any day!

Yes we were fun to watch and I really enjoyed that team, but I think the guys who were traded like Felton, Gallo and especially Wilson Chandler get way too little credit. All I hear is "Amar'e brought the Knicks back...bla bla" That's totally untrue. He was one of 6-7 major guys responsible for our 'success' last year. People underestimate Felton and Chandler, they were both huge for us.

Amar'e can't play without a good point guard, Felton is still doing very well in Portland just for a little comparison.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Felton made Stoudemire in New York, quote me on that any day!

Yes we were fun to watch and I really enjoyed that team, but I think the guys who were traded like Felton, Gallo and especially Wilson Chandler get way too little credit. All I hear is "Amar'e brought the Knicks back...bla bla" That's totally untrue. He was one of 6-7 major guys responsible for our 'success' last year. People underestimate Felton and Chandler, they were both huge for us.

Amar'e can't play without a good point guard, Felton is still doing very well in Portland just for a little comparison.

Felton didn't make STAT, it was mutual. Do you see how Felton is playing without STAT right now? He's just another average point guard. He's not doing "very well". He's went from being an all star PG to just another player on a deep team.

Your right about one thing though. STAT NEEDS a point guard who can execute the pick and roll and create shots (easy shots) for him. So yes your right about that. When you look it at that way, it makes you feel like we overpaid him loads.

But if we give STAT that point guard, a guy who can make his life easier, than STAT becomes an elite PF again, and starts earning his money. Can Davis be that guy? Let's hope so....If not, STAT is going to struggle unless we bring in Nash next year, and we'll continue to look like an ugly a** offense.

I totally understand your frustration with him. But lets not give up on him just yet. Let's see how well he plays with Davis. Hopefully they can both make each other better like STAT/Felton did.

And on a side note, I'm just curious as to what STAT's been doing in the offseason that upset you? I honestly don't know what he did.

Felton didn't make STAT, it was mutual. Do you see how Felton is playing without STAT right now? He's just another average point guard. He's not doing "very well". He's went from being an all star PG to just another player on a deep team.

Your right about one thing though. STAT NEEDS a point guard who can execute the pick and roll and create shots (easy shots) for him. So yes your right about that. When you look it at that way, it makes you feel like we overpaid him loads.

But if we give STAT that point guard, a guy who can make his life easier, than STAT becomes an elite PF again, and starts earning his money. Can Davis be that guy? Let's hope so....If not, STAT is going to struggle unless we bring in Nash next year, and we'll continue to look like an ugly a** offense.

I totally understand your frustration with him. But lets not give up on him just yet. Let's see how well he plays with Davis. Hopefully they can both make each other better like STAT/Felton did.

And on a side note, I'm just curious as to what STAT's been doing in the offseason that upset you? I honestly don't know what he did.

Good post bro!

I'm maybe a bit old-school on that one, but like Stephen A. Smith - I hate it when players who haven't won anything yet act like they're champions. You gotta earn that ring first, then you can act like the world is yours. STAT, Lebron, Melo and a few others are way too loud for guys who haven't won a championship, Melo and STAT haven't even been to the Finals, let alone won MVP trophies.

I don't hear much about Melo's off-court activities, so I'm a little cooler with him. STAT on the other hand is in fashion magazines, shooting rap videos, attending fashion shows, radio shows etc. every other day it seems (atleast in the off season), delivering fine speeches about us contending for a championship this year etc.

I prefer it when people shut up until they've won something...after that you can talk as much as you like...every day, but win first please, because everything else makes you look like a complete douchebag in my oppinion.

The grill after the Denver game I think it was got me freaking out then, I thought it was totally disrespectful to us fans, who suffer on telly and at the Garden - and he doesn't give a **** and is just bragging with some new 'jewlery' in his mouth...very bad timing and a very bad example to children who see this and think they need to copy that, because their favourite player does that and they want to be as cool as him.

Those are the major reasons I'm mad at him.