Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets 01.28 2:00PM

Veteran

Is anyone listenin to these three clowns (on MSG) talkin Knicks ball....blamin
    the Knicks Guards....never mentioning how we set up on offense or defense,
    or the last 9 losses in 10 games

Banned

Kelly tripuca is all fired up lol.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    With a starting roster including 3 all-stars and 2 potential rookie of the year candidates and a bench full of PROVEN role players... Losing 9 out of 10 is a ticket outta NY... Hopefully.

I don't care if you had Bird-McHale-Parrish, when you throw Douglas, Fields & Shumpert out there your front court is going to look mediocre.

But, in a sense, the HC has to take the hit here. I mean, he allows Douglas to go 1-8 from 3 every game. He allows Shumpert to shoot as many shots as Amar'e. Both Shumpert-Douglas have ability to penetrate, but both prefer to sit and chuck 25 ft heave-HOs!

This is on D'anotni. I'm not sure what a player needs to do to get yanked. You can be a PG and chuck a contested 30 ft 3-pointer w/ 17 seconds on the play clock and still get rewarded with playing time.

In fact, the only time I saw him pull Shumpert from a game is when he made a nice hustle play and fouled Wade from behind, not allowing a dunk.

Seems coach hates that effort.

Douglas-Shumpert are not good shooters. I understand it's impossibole to ask them to set up others, and run the offense, but you can force them to penetrate more often.

Heck, Walker hit like 7 3-pointers last night... yet he kept shooting them? As a scorer, you are supposed to mix things up. When defense is running out at you, closing fast, that's when you pump fake and drive.

Watching bad shooters take 30+ threes a night, and committ 20 unforced turnovers every game is unwatchable basketball. I actually long for the J-Craw/Z-Randolph days.

Phil Jackson is going to be here next season. Maybe he'll return this season... It's worth asking. If not, then let the asst coach... or just bring back Ewing for a few months.

I doubt we even make the playoffs now.

Originally Posted by joegti10
    Kelly tripuca is all fired up lol.
    Hell yeah lol! He's waving his hands all over the place lmao

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    You know who writes the checks, they wouldn't dare, lol.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    "The policies also forbid the MSG Network from being critical of the Knicks and the Rangers, regardless of their performance."

Lin had 6 assist and only played in the 2nd half

come on now

Banned

Dantoni gives no praise to Lin for keeping the game somewhat together. Fire this bum.

Veteran

Originally Posted by fender0577
    You know who writes the checks, they wouldn't dare, lol.
    Yeah right....Marv Albert was proof of dat

Default only positive was Jeremy Lin

Jeremy Lin is a better POINT GUARD than Bibby, Shumpert, and Douglas.

He actually is a pass first PG that tries to drive to the hoop and break down the defense. No other PG does this consistently on the Knicks.

Lin had 6 assists tonight and the player that averages the most assists on our team is Melo just above 4.

Lin should play more, especially with how bad this team is playing, mainly because of a lack of a pure point guard.

Lin is not the answer to our problems but he should get minutes every night. I can't stand Douglas anymore playing the point....Shumpert is not as aggressive as he was in the start of the season, probably from his injuries and because Douglas' passive offense of not driving consistently is rubbing off on shumpert. Bibby is missing shots and cant ball handle.

We have no PG

We need Lin to play for now and wait for Baron..

In the meantime fire Mike D

Originally Posted by fender0577
    WTF, who else could survive losing 9 out of 10, who?

The only reason he's still here is obviously he was against trading for Carmelo, and then signing Chandler. We're paying him anyway, and Phil Jax wont return to coaching until next season (when schedule isn't so hectic).

Dolan will only act when he's 100% concerned this team is legitamtely threatened with missing the post season.

Right now Knicks are tied for the 8th seed with the Nets, Cavs & Bucks. The fact we're in the same situations as those 3 teams should send shockwaves through MSG. But, it's not DEFCON-4 just yet.

Basically, the Knicks are now in a war for the 6-8 seed. Get ready for a 1st round battle against CHI or MIA. Maybe it's 1999 all over?

Still, Knicks get Baron Davis back, and then sign Kenyon Martin & JR Smith. I would give that team a 50/50 shot at a first round upset.

D'antoni will stay as long as we sit near the 8th seed. If Davis returns and we lose a bunch of games... Then he's a goner.

Either way... Let's welcome Phil Jax. SEE YOU IN SEPT brother.

Banned

Give Lin some love...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Honestly I dont mind losing it happens but we just dont look like a basketball team. We fcukin suck as a team, we're a puzzle with pieces that dont fit with each other.

Superstar

Hell, i wouldn't mind lin getting a little more pt either, it was refreshing watching a knick, any knick actually drive to the hoop.He needs to learn where his teammates will be, when he gets in there, but i saw a little potential there...if anyhting it will get TD off the damn court more.

Originally Posted by CA7
    Honestly I dont mind losing it happens but we just dont look like a basketball team. We fcukin suck as a team, we're a puzzle with pieces that dont fit with each other.
    You knew the Knicks were going to play under .500 against teams with winning records. That's what made the 7-11 start demoralizing b/c it was opportunity lost. We had NBA's easiest schedule and we managed to post a 7-11 slurpee