New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets 01.28 2:00PM

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Judging by the comments in this thread it's obvious again that 90% of you guys still didn't get the point.

Have your scapegoat in D'Antoni...that's fine

But we're still left with shit and overpaid players.

You gotta take a look at the bigger picture like the past 10 years and not just the D'Antoni years....you wanna tell me Larry Brown (HOF) sucks at coaching? You wanna tell me Lenny Wilkens (HOF) sucks at coaching?

I'll tell you something: Our management sucks at getting competent basketball players and build a TEAM. That's the reason we're shit and have been shit for a decade.....

Everybody who thinks Stoudemire and Anthony are the answer doesn't know a thing about winning.

They're just the next Marbury and Tim Thomas.

Look at Denver's record without Anthony.

I'd rather keep D'Antoni for another year if Stoudemire and Anthony were traded for guys who care about winning 95% of thir life instead of just 50 %, because they got so many off the court shit going on.

They just kinda want it, they don't want it bad, like Kobe or Jordan or Duncan. They care too much about the next reality show they're in or the next Muppet show they're in or the next commercial they're about to shoot or which Bentley they buy next.

A guy like Kobe would starve for 3 days if neccessary but Amar'e and Melo are like: "Mhhh yeah I can starve for a day, but I also gotta eat....hm **** that life's great let's eat."

I'm ok with that attitude for $7-8 million guys who are talented, but for $18-$20 million they gotta make some sacrifices, some people wuld kill their parents for that amount of money......and they just kinda want it SMFH:barf:

Nah, I liked Lenny alot actually, thought he was doing a pretty good job with the team, expectations were just too high for that group, I think we were playing around .500 ball with him if I recall correctly, and Marbury and Kurt Thomas were our studs. We actually played entertaining ball, since canning Lenny we haven't seen much .500 ball or entertaining ball.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Judging by the comments in this thread it's obvious again that 90% of you guys still didn't get the point.

Have your scapegoat in D'Antoni...that's fine

But we're still left with shit and overpaid players.

You gotta take a look at the bigger picture like the past 10 years and not just the D'Antoni years....you wanna tell me Larry Brown (HOF) sucks at coaching? You wanna tell me Lenny Wilkens (HOF) sucks at coaching?

I'll tell you something: Our management sucks at getting competent basketball players and build a TEAM. That's the reason we're shit and have been shit for a decade.....

Everybody who thinks Stoudemire and Anthony are the answer doesn't know a thing about winning.

They're just the next Marbury and Tim Thomas.

Look at Denver's record without Anthony.

I'd rather keep D'Antoni for another year if Stoudemire and Anthony were traded for guys who care about winning 95% of thir life instead of just 50 %, because they got so many off the court shit going on.

They just kinda want it, they don't want it bad, like Kobe or Jordan or Duncan. They care too much about the next reality show they're in or the next Muppet show they're in or the next commercial they're about to shoot or which Bentley they buy next.

A guy like Kobe would starve for 3 days if neccessary but Amar'e and Melo are like: "Mhhh yeah I can starve for a day, but I also gotta eat....hm **** that life's great let's eat."

I'm ok with that attitude for $7-8 million guys who are talented, but for $18-$20 million they gotta make some sacrifices, some people wuld kill their parents for that amount of money......and they just kinda want it SMFH:barf:

If 90% of people all agree on the same thing then maybe it is YOU who misses the point. Melo and Amare are the best players we've had in a long time and we now have a big man we can actually rely on at center. You bring up Kobe Jordan and Duncan as if players like that come along that often. Shaq won and he cared about a lot of different things. What about Dirk? Is he in your comparison as well?

Although we as fans would like it, guys don't have to eat, sleep and dream basketball. They just need to give 100% every time they're on the court. Most of the players in the league have other things going on besides basketball, so I guess they only give 50% as well huh? Lol as long as their not missing games or practices because of it who cares!

Come on man, this "system" is not getting it done and it's being forced to work. You seem to have problems understanding that when 90% of us see it clearly. You are the minority on this issue and for some reason are just being naive to the facts. No matter what you come up with, THIS TEAM SHOULD NOT BE THIS BAD ESPECIALLY WITH THE FAIRLY EASY SCHEDULE (including opponent injuries) WE'VE HAD SO FAR.

Most problems we have can be helped with good coaching. Our coach is a bad in-game manager which doesn't help. Antoni is also bad at utilizing his roster to their maximum potential. Antoni is bad at drawing up plays and understanding his players. Antoni doesn't understand his players because he tries to mold them into what he wants. He doesn't even refine a skill... In most cases he just completely changes a player (see Jorts).

Last night down by only 6 or 7 and with plenty of time to go, dumbtoni puts in Lin, Bibby, Shump, Jeffries and Tyson! Those guys have never played together and during that span HOU increased their lead permanently. Add to that Antoni never even called a timeout during HOUs run. SMH

The fact that you even mentioned keeping Antoni whether guys were traded or not proves you can't even identify the root of the problem. UNLESS NASH WALKS THROUGH THOSE MSG DOORS THE SAME PROBLEMS WILL EXIST.

Oh and those players you mentioned, Kobe Jordan Duncan would NEVER feel comfortable in this "system" because it goes against everything they know to be fundamental basketball.

Fin

fender0577

Rotation player
If 90% of people all agree on the same thing then maybe it is YOU who misses the point. Melo and Amare are the best players we've had in a long time and we now have a big man we can actually rely on at center. You bring up Kobe Jordan and Duncan as if players like that come along that often. Shaq won and he cared about a lot of different things. What about Dirk? Is he in your comparison as well?

Although we as fans would like it, guys don't have to eat, sleep and dream basketball. They just need to give 100% every time they're on the court. Most of the players in the league have other things going on besides basketball, so I guess they only give 50% as well huh? Lol as long as their not missing games or practices because of it who cares!

Come on man, this "system" is not getting it done and it's being forced to work. You seem to have problems understanding that when 90% of us see it clearly. You are the minority on this issue and for some reason are just being naive to the facts. No matter what you come up with, THIS TEAM SHOULD NOT BE THIS BAD ESPECIALLY WITH THE FAIRLY EASY SCHEDULE (including opponent injuries) WE'VE HAD SO FAR.

Most problems we have can be helped with good coaching. Our coach is a bad in-game manager which doesn't help. Antoni is also bad at utilizing his roster to their maximum potential. Antoni is bad at drawing up plays and understanding his players. Antoni doesn't understand his players because he tries to mold them into what he wants. He doesn't even refine a skill... In most cases he just completely changes a player (see Jorts).

Last night down by only 6 or 7 and with plenty of time to go, dumbtoni puts in Lin, Bibby, Shump, Jeffries and Tyson! Those guys have never played together and during that span HOU increased their lead permanently. Add to that Antoni never even called a timeout during HOUs run. SMH

The fact that you even mentioned keeping Antoni whether guys were traded or not proves you can't even identify the root of the problem. UNLESS NASH WALKS THROUGH THOSE MSG DOORS THE SAME PROBLEMS WILL EXIST.

Oh and those players you mentioned, Kobe Jordan Duncan would NEVER feel comfortable in this "system" because it goes against everything they know to be fundamental basketball.

Fin
You my friend... are dead on with everything u just said.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
spot on nyk nyk, so true.

I can`t believe that anyone who watches the Knicks can defend Dumbphoney and be so arrogant as to say that 90% of us are wrong and he isn`t.

Seriously I`m so sick and tired of people defending our moron coach. He needs to go and go now before he destroys the confidence of the players on our roster even further.

His post game interivews and the comments he makes in them are enough to get him sacked alone. I can only believe that people who defend D`Antoni are not actually watching our games or paying any attention to what is actually happening on the court.

Sack him and watch this team improve immediately. Watch what happens to quality, talented basketball players when they have a coach who actually believes in running basketball plays and not just telling every player to shoot,shoot, shoot. How many threes do you have to miss in the first quarter of games before a coach realises that the three ball is never going to work out. There are no more excuses for this coach. He has a roster that is much better than our record and gameplay suggests. He must go and finally we won`t have to hear idiots constantly defending the indefensible.

paris401

Starter
Predictions:

*we win, even w/o Melo, following through on the various positives we saw in the MIA game.....Nope...We Lose

*MDA isn't fire, even if we do not...Remains to br seen

*STAT has a monster game ...Nope...again

The chill-out chic is painfully hot in this thread.... fukin AAAA

hey 1 out of 4 aint bad... and u were right on the most important of her...oops.. i mean your points...

iSaYughh

Starter
hey 1 out of 4 aint bad... and u were right on the most important of her...oops.. i mean your points...

Lol, I can't resist.

STAT scored an efficient 23pts, 8boards, 3 steals, 2blocks, 1 turnover, lead the team in scoring by a *huge* margin.

STAT had a very, very good game. Better than if he scored some "monter" 35points but had 5 rebounds and 4turnovers and little defensive impact.

And I'm actually correct about MDA, too. ;)

So, 3/4, which you're right, ain't bad.

Ok, I got the point. Maybe it'S me, maybe it's not but I'm 1000% sure of one thing:

Amar'e Stoudemire will NEVER win a championship in his career, Carmelo Anthony will NEVER win a championship in his career.

They just don't have it in them. They're overhyped and overpaid scorers.

They're stars because they're marketable, talk a lot and play pretty offense (when on top of their game).

They're franchise players for teams that want to reach the Playoffs, they're NOT franchise players for teams who want to win championships.

How many rings do they have?

Zero

and it'll stay that way. They're not champions, unless an MVP-type player like Kobe or Chris Paul carries them.

iSaYughh

Starter
Ok, I got the point. Maybe it'S me, maybe it's not but I'm 1000% sure of one thing:

90% of people thinking the same thing loses a lot of salt, when 100% of those people are basing their thinking on various factually incorrect assumptions and opinions. :beer:

I think you're wrong about Amare and Melo, though.

Amare would actually likely already have a championship if *he* wasn't taken out of the equation in that one deeply competitive, razor-thin Spurs series.

Chandler's a really great C to pair alongside STAT, for STAT's defensive shortcomings. But truthfully, so many stars who have won chips were notorious for being soft or having shitty D, only to get their shit together around the age of 30 and putting forth the basis efforts to play solid, tough D.

Right now, STAT looks uber-pathetic because our offense is the antithesis of what it was last year, which is just letting teams get set and feast offensively all the more -- teams have very little to worry about when game planning for us these days, and don't often have their backs to wall, nor are we controlling the tempo and flow of games like we did last year.

Somewhat ironically, we're still a much improved defensive team this year, but that's mainly due to the addition of Chandler.