Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets 01.28 2:00PM

I just had a crazy thought. Melo and Baron are back in NY working to get Antoni replaced. I don't even think Melo is crazy about this system and Baron probably sees all the flaws and knows this has to change as well.

It's 4:42AM, going to get some sleep, when I wake up I wanna see D'Antoni FIRED! Night bros.

Superstar

Originally Posted by mafra
    The only reason he's still here is obviously he was against trading for Carmelo, and then signing Chandler. We're paying him anyway, and Phil Jax wont return to coaching until next season (when schedule isn't so hectic).

Dolan will only act when he's 100% concerned this team is legitamtely threatened with missing the post season.

Right now Knicks are tied for the 8th seed with the Nets, Cavs & Bucks. The fact we're in the same situations as those 3 teams should send shockwaves through MSG. But, it's not DEFCON-4 just yet.

Basically, the Knicks are now in a war for the 6-8 seed. Get ready for a 1st round battle against CHI or MIA. Maybe it's 1999 all over?

Still, Knicks get Baron Davis back, and then sign Kenyon Martin & JR Smith. I would give that team a 50/50 shot at a first round upset.

D'antoni will stay as long as we sit near the 8th seed. If Davis returns and we lose a bunch of games... Then he's a goner.

Either way... Let's welcome Phil Jax. SEE YOU IN SEPT brother.
    If antoni coaches us all year, we won't make the playoffs(unless BD saves us).This guy has no clue why were losing, so he has no clue how to fix it.Just my 2 cent.

If I gotta see that mustache again I might just lose my mind.

Let Mike Woodson finish the year out and reload with better role players next year

Originally Posted by fender0577
    If antoni coaches us all year, we won't make the playoffs(unless BD saves us).This guy has no clue why were losing, so he has no clue how to fix it.Just my 2 cent.

I agree. Only an idiot bases his entire philosophy and taking the lowest pct shot on the court, and as if that's not assine enough, he wants his players rushing to do just that.

How does this make sense to anyone?

If you have a HOF PG and a roster full of snipers, you might be an entertaining team that can win a post season series or two. BUT, having this roster run that offense?

Might as well have Bernie Koser try to run the Tebow run spread option.

Originally Posted by joegti10
    Give Lin some love...

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Jeremy Lin
    Everytime i try to get into Madison Square Garden, the security guards ask me if im a trainer LOL

Like Share January 4 at 4:44pm via mobile

Didn't read the GT or watch the game but LOL Jordan Hill 14/11 in 22 minutes...

More evidence of our coaches awesome big man development

I agree. Only an idiot bases his entire philosophy and taking the lowest pct shot on the court, and as if that's not assine enough, he wants his players rushing to do just that.

How does this make sense to anyone?

If you have a HOF PG and a roster full of snipers, you might be an entertaining team that can win a post season series or two. BUT, having this roster run that offense?

Might as well have Bernie Koser try to run the Tebow run spread option.
    A long time ago on the Mike D'Antoni show, Mike said the mid-range shot is the lowest percentage shot. He rather jack up threes than be near the paint. Of course, he doesn't encourage attacking the rim either even though he said it's good.

Damn Amar'e seems depressed....

Lost for words. Even the commentators for Houston were joking about our club. Hey Balkman for "3" and the guy says not this year. I had to laugh at Balkman not even trying get rebounds. Several times i saw he make no attempt under the basket. Really hope 50% of this team disappears

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    A long time ago on the Mike D'Antoni show, Mike said the mid-range shot is the lowest percentage shot. He rather jack up threes than be near the paint. Of course, he doesn't encourage attacking the rim either even though he said it's good.
    Fireable offense.

Veteran

I don't care if you had Bird-McHale-Parrish, when you throw Douglas, Fields & Shumpert out there your front court is going to look mediocre.

But, in a sense, the HC has to take the hit here. I mean, he allows Douglas to go 1-8 from 3 every game. He allows Shumpert to shoot as many shots as Amar'e. Both Shumpert-Douglas have ability to penetrate, but both prefer to sit and chuck 25 ft heave-HOs!

This is on D'anotni. I'm not sure what a player needs to do to get yanked. You can be a PG and chuck a contested 30 ft 3-pointer w/ 17 seconds on the play clock and still get rewarded with playing time.

In fact, the only time I saw him pull Shumpert from a game is when he made a nice hustle play and fouled Wade from behind, not allowing a dunk.

Seems coach hates that effort.

Douglas-Shumpert are not good shooters. I understand it's impossibole to ask them to set up others, and run the offense, but you can force them to penetrate more often.

Heck, Walker hit like 7 3-pointers last night... yet he kept shooting them? As a scorer, you are supposed to mix things up. When defense is running out at you, closing fast, that's when you pump fake and drive.

Watching bad shooters take 30+ threes a night, and committ 20 unforced turnovers every game is unwatchable basketball. I actually long for the J-Craw/Z-Randolph days.

Phil Jackson is going to be here next season. Maybe he'll return this season... It's worth asking. If not, then let the asst coach... or just bring back Ewing for a few months.

I doubt we even make the playoffs now.

First thing....Bird, Mchale, Parrish wouldve had Dantoni FIRED his first week
    on the job. Plus Ainge got traded off their team for shootin to many 3's.
    With all the double-picks and double-screens that Bird, Mchale, and Parish
    provided for their PG....believe me the pasing-skills of TD, Shump, and Fields
    would be deadly trying to copy "Larry Bird" in the offense, plus they would be
    excepted on their high defensive ability to get many steals in the passing-lane.

Dantoni had a postseason team with "Zach & Lee", plus bringing Marbury, Nate,
    and W.Chandler off the bench as a trio (500+ record team).

Look at Stat's performance under Dantoni, then compare it to Stat's performance
    under coach Gentry using a center-Lopez or F/C-Frye, with SF-Grant Hill who
    scored off of broken plays (like Marion).

Veteran

Originally Posted by petescud
    Lost for words. Even the commentators for Houston were joking about our club. Hey Balkman for "3" and the guy says not this year. I had to laugh at Balkman not even trying get rebounds. Several times i saw he make no attempt under the basket. Really hope 50% of this team disappears

u have to laugh about our club to keep u from crying....at our poor set-ups
    and positioning on offense that have the entire team shooting 25 feet jumpers.
    where's the coach?

**ck! I missed the game, but oh well it seems like I didn't miss much. At least Amare played pretty good with 23 points shooting 10-20, but what happened with Fields? He took only two shots with only 18 min of playing time?

He sucked and was tentative as usual