Play Lin

smokes

Huge Member

KingofNy

Starter
I'm not disagreeing people saw potential in Lin. I'm saying you're making it out a lot more than it is.

I took his "perform at this level" comment as meaning he couldn't be a decent NBA starter. I don't think anyone is crowning him as an all-star or thought he'd be an instant all-star. The only game that really surprised me was the Lakers game. Lin's performance was insane. I had a feeling that he'd be a 15 and 8 guy and he probably will be just that when Amare and Melo get back. Rose made it sound like it's such a surprise that he can even be an NBA starter imo.

smokes

Huge Member
I took his "perform at this level" comment as meaning he couldn't be a decent NBA starter. I don't think anyone is crowning him as an all-star or thought he'd be an instant all-star. The only game that really surprised me was the Lakers game. Lin's performance was insane. I had a feeling that he'd be a 15 and 8 guy and he probably will be just that when Amare and Melo get back. Rose made it sound like it's such a surprise that he can even be an NBA starter imo.

I see what you mean I took "play at this level" to mean average 28 and 8 not "this level" as in the NBA.

KingofNy

Starter
I see what you mean I took "play at this level" to mean average 28 and 8 not "this level" as in the NBA.

Yea that's exactly how I took it. To me it sounded like he was saying no-one knew he could be an NBA starting PG. Yea no way in hell did anyone know he was going to avg 26 ppg through his first 5. Like I said, I'm wouldn't of been surprised if he averaged 15 ppg, 8 ass, and 2 spg. I am surprised he did it without Melo and Stat and that's what makes it so much more amazing!

portega1968

El Cacique
I don't think Lin played that well tbh. Better than Douglas? Maybe, but he doesn't look like he can run this offense either.

6 assists in garbage time don't mean much, I wouldn't read too much into it. He tries to be a passt first PG, that much is obvious but he's so limited talent-wise...I honestly don't think he can make it in this league. His effort and commitment are great, but I don't think that's enough in his case.

Have a slice!!!

eating-crow-with-slice-of-humble-pie.html