Play Lin

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
MDA: "He shows he can run a pick and roll and he's got some instincts of a point guard and maybe we'll look at that a little bit more and see where we're going because that's what we need,"

clumsy

Rotation player
I think what i like most about Lin is the fact that he see the Screen on Defense and fights through it. He's just fundamentally sound. Also he seems to have chemistry with Jerome. This clip is highlight of him playing non garbage time in Golden State. He can't really score but look at his defense. Everytime, pushes the big man off the screen and stays in front of his man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGIGVKOs68&feature=player_embedded

Toney Douglas is 10x the athlete and plays much smoother than Lin, who always looks outta control, but Toney has terrible court vision...he stays running into the Pick every time.

clumsy

Rotation player
Real Talk tho, if we want to be a better team we can't just get rid of Toney Douglas either. We need him off the bench to give some quick points. His numbers will probably greatly improve in a strictly scoring role.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
Real Talk tho, if we want to be a better team we can't just get rid of Toney Douglas either. We need him off the bench to give some quick points. His numbers will probably greatly improve in a strictly scoring role.

agreed, definitely has to play the 2 he just looks uncomfortable running plays out there. i feel like right now Douglas has some issues with confidence and MDA isn't helping him by playing him at the 1.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I think what i like most about Lin is the fact that he see the Screen on Defense and fights through it. He's just fundamentally sound. Also he seems to have chemistry with Jerome. This clip is highlight of him playing non garbage time in Golden State. He can't really score but look at his defense. Everytime, pushes the big man off the screen and stays in front of his man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeGIGVKOs68&feature=player_embedded

Toney Douglas is 10x the athlete and plays much smoother than Lin, who always looks outta control, but Toney has terrible court vision...he stays running into the Pick every time.
not enough contested 3s with 17 seconds left

KingofNy

Starter
MDA: "He shows he can run a pick and roll and he's got some instincts of a point guard and maybe we'll look at that a little bit more and see where we're going because that's what we need,"

He's just realizing this now? LOL When is MDA going to realize that Douglas and Jeffries are the reason we're not a .500 team now.

jzero29

Rotation player
Looking at the limited view of a stat line for j.Lin he's got one thing I like alot. It's not his scoring, it's his assists. Every game he's played he's gotten a decent amount of assists for his time on the court.
Granted I have not seen the games(time warner customer, F* dolan and his greed) So I don't know if he's getting burnt defensively...but I like his stat line. Dime heavy. especially since they brought him up...I don't see why they don't play him more.

jzero29

Rotation player
Really? play T.Douglas at the 2?

agreed, definitely has to play the 2 he just looks uncomfortable running plays out there. i feel like right now Douglas has some issues with confidence and MDA isn't helping him by playing him at the 1.
No offense, but we don't need an undersized SG coming off the bench.

I like T.douglas as a player, he is the kind of guy you want in your locker room and at your practices. He's a hussler, plays hard and seems like a good teamate. But that said, he's not a hugely talented scorer. he's average at best and he's a sub par PG. We can have any taller Guard that hussles will have the same or better results.
Defensivly, I like him covering the other teams PG, but if he's our SG covering the opponnents PG, who does our PG cover?
I think, ditch T.D. or trade him. he's got no place in NBA.
Baron and Lin, should be PG's
shumpert and fields, SG's maybe keep TD third string with a limited minutes as SG or PG
Carmelo and walker SF balkman
Amare and jefferies PF novac
Chandler and Jorts or Jordan C

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
The thread that started it all :)
Believe, when no one else gave him a shot :)

Exactly +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000!

@JalenRose tweeted this:

BTW...ANYONE that says "I knew" or "predicted" that Lin could perform at this level is clearly not being honest #NBA

Here's my tweet back to him:

@jalenrose You're actually dead wrong. Knicks fans have been calling for linsanity for months. We saw the talent! http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11832

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I don't think Lin played that well tbh. Better than Douglas? Maybe, but he doesn't look like he can run this offense either.

6 assists in garbage time don't mean much, I wouldn't read too much into it. He tries to be a passt first PG, that much is obvious but he's so limited talent-wise...I honestly don't think he can make it in this league. His effort and commitment are great, but I don't think that's enough in his case.

hahaha please stfu

pakopako

Benchwarmer
The thread that started it all :)
Believe, when no one else gave him a shot :)

I still can't believe how quickly Lin's upped his game. I thought he'd be a 10/5 guy, not a 20/10. (And definitely not a 40/10! Although I didn't think STAT would be out and Jeffries would be rebounding.)

Paul1355

All Star
Props to everyone that thought Lin should have gotten playing time a long time ago, I am proud to be part of that list.

Kenny Smith said that the fact that it took Lin this long to play shows a lack of ability to recognize talent....go kenny smith!

petescud

Starter
and thats one of the thing Dantoni does so well (not giving guys a chance)

Props to everyone that thought Lin should have gotten playing time a long time ago, I am proud to be part of that list.

Kenny Smith said that the fact that it took Lin this long to play shows a lack of ability to recognize talent....go kenny smith!

KingofNy

Starter
The guy who predicted Lin before us.

NBA Draft Preview 2010: Jeremy Lin, G Harvard

by Ed Weiland Any team looking to find a starting PG in the 2010 NBA draft had best win the lottery and get the top pick. A year after the legendary PG draft of 2009, the pickings for playmakers are going to be thin. That doesn’t mean there won’t be a player or two who surprise the experts though.
The best candidate to pull off such a surprise might be Harvard’s Jeremy Lin. The reason is two numbers Lin posted, 2-point FG pct and RSB40. Lin was at .598 and 9.7. This is impressive on both counts. These numbers show NBA athleticism better than any other, because a high score in both shows dominance at the college level on both ends of the court... Find the List here:
http://hoopsanalyst.com/blog/?p=487

smokes

Huge Member
Exactly +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000!

@JalenRose tweeted this:

BTW...ANYONE that says "I knew" or "predicted" that Lin could perform at this level is clearly not being honest #NBA

Here's my tweet back to him:

@jalenrose You're actually dead wrong. Knicks fans have been calling for linsanity for months. We saw the talent! http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11832

Lol... C'mon. This thread was made 15 days ago not months ago and nowhere in this thread did anyone expect Jeremy Lin to have the best start to an NBA starting career in history.

I applaud those who saw the potential in Lin to be our distributor but lets not pretend we foresaw the coming of an all-star because that didn't happen ;)

KingofNy

Starter
Lol... C'mon. This thread was made 15 days ago not months ago and nowhere in this thread did anyone expect Jeremy Lin to have the best start to an NBA starting career in history.

I applaud those who saw the potential in Lin to be our distributor but lets not pretend we foresaw the coming of an all-star because that didn't happen ;)

I knew he was going to be really good in this offense. I don't think anyone said he'd have a 26 ppg avg prior but I knew he could be a 15 and 8 guy. Anyone who watched him play in the few minutes he got to play on our team could tell he would be great in this system. Do I really have to go back in threads and show you where I was saying Jeremy was the answer for our problems at PG and that we didn't need to look outside of our team to fix the PG situation? I really don't want to but I will to prove a point. I also said Novak would be awesome if he just got some play time. Just say the word and I'll bump my older posts. Also, I'm not the only one who was saying that...There was a few of us that had an idea that he was the answer to our problems at point.

Last edited: