Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Play Lin

Lin plays awesome again tonight against Detroit's starters and basically showcases how bad of a coach D'Antoni really is. In 10 minutes, he's done more than Dogulas has done the season combined yet Douglas gets 23+ minutes a game. He drives, dishes, steals passes crisply and accurately, and knows how to finish at the basket.

Somebody please tell me why he's not getting Douglas' minutes? Somebody please try to say I'm wrong, I gotta hear this.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    Lin plays awesome again tonight against Detroit's starters and basically showcases how bad of a coach D'Antoni really is. In 10 minutes, he's done more than Dogulas has done the season combined yet Douglas gets 23+ minutes a game. He drives, dishes, steals passes crisply and accurately, and knows how to finish at the basket.

Somebody please tell me why he's not getting Douglas' minutes? Somebody please try to say I'm wrong, I gotta hear this.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    lol......

Jeremy Lin is proving that he is the second best PG in Knicks' history behind Stephon Marbury

Originally Posted by gaknickfan
    it cant get any worse ,he`s the only true PG on the team
    But the question is -- will he be traded before the deadline or before next season? I really do like having a decent young PG on the team. Bibby does count as a PG, but he's way too past his prime. Lin is a great fit and would really pay dividends in the long run.

Yeah, Knicks and long-term planning don't mix well. Hence the question of when he'll be gone.

MDA: "He shows he can run a pick and roll and he's got some instincts of a point guard and maybe we'll look at that a little bit more and see where we're going because that's what we need,"

Superstar

I think what i like most about Lin is the fact that he see the Screen on Defense and fights through it. He's just fundamentally sound. Also he seems to have chemistry with Jerome. This clip is highlight of him playing non garbage time in Golden State. He can't really score but look at his defense. Everytime, pushes the big man off the screen and stays in front of his man.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Toney Douglas is 10x the athlete and plays much smoother than Lin, who always looks outta control, but Toney has terrible court vision...he stays running into the Pick every time.

Superstar

Real Talk tho, if we want to be a better team we can't just get rid of Toney Douglas either. We need him off the bench to give some quick points. His numbers will probably greatly improve in a strictly scoring role.

Originally Posted by clumsy
    Real Talk tho, if we want to be a better team we can't just get rid of Toney Douglas either. We need him off the bench to give some quick points. His numbers will probably greatly improve in a strictly scoring role.

agreed, definitely has to play the 2 he just looks uncomfortable running plays out there. i feel like right now Douglas has some issues with confidence and MDA isn't helping him by playing him at the 1.

I think what i like most about Lin is the fact that he see the Screen on Defense and fights through it. He's just fundamentally sound. Also he seems to have chemistry with Jerome. This clip is highlight of him playing non garbage time in Golden State. He can't really score but look at his defense. Everytime, pushes the big man off the screen and stays in front of his man.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Toney Douglas is 10x the athlete and plays much smoother than Lin, who always looks outta control, but Toney has terrible court vision...he stays running into the Pick every time.
    not enough contested 3s with 17 seconds left

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    MDA: "He shows he can run a pick and roll and he's got some instincts of a point guard and maybe we'll look at that a little bit more and see where we're going because that's what we need,"
    He's just realizing this now? LOL When is MDA going to realize that Douglas and Jeffries are the reason we're not a .500 team now.

Looking at the limited view of a stat line for j.Lin he's got one thing I like alot. It's not his scoring, it's his assists. Every game he's played he's gotten a decent amount of assists for his time on the court.
    Granted I have not seen the games(time warner customer, F* dolan and his greed) So I don't know if he's getting burnt defensively...but I like his stat line. Dime heavy. especially since they brought him up...I don't see why they don't play him more.

Default Really? play T.Douglas at the 2?

Originally Posted by zshopa
    agreed, definitely has to play the 2 he just looks uncomfortable running plays out there. i feel like right now Douglas has some issues with confidence and MDA isn't helping him by playing him at the 1.
    No offense, but we don't need an undersized SG coming off the bench.

I like T.douglas as a player, he is the kind of guy you want in your locker room and at your practices. He's a hussler, plays hard and seems like a good teamate. But that said, he's not a hugely talented scorer. he's average at best and he's a sub par PG. We can have any taller Guard that hussles will have the same or better results.
    Defensivly, I like him covering the other teams PG, but if he's our SG covering the opponnents PG, who does our PG cover?
    I think, ditch T.D. or trade him. he's got no place in NBA.
    Baron and Lin, should be PG's
    shumpert and fields, SG's maybe keep TD third string with a limited minutes as SG or PG
    Carmelo and walker SF balkman
    Amare and jefferies PF novac
    Chandler and Jorts or Jordan C
    Last edited by jzero29; Feb 02, 2012 at 20:39.

The thread that started it all
    Believe, when no one else gave him a shot

Originally Posted by JujuXG
    The thread that started it all
    Believe, when no one else gave him a shot
    Exactly +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000!

@JalenRose tweeted this:

BTW...ANYONE that says "I knew" or "predicted" that Lin could perform at this level is clearly not being honest [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here's my tweet back to him:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] You're actually dead wrong. Knicks fans have been calling for linsanity for months. We saw the talent! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]