Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Play Lin

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I don't think Lin played that well tbh. Better than Douglas? Maybe, but he doesn't look like he can run this offense either.

6 assists in garbage time don't mean much, I wouldn't read too much into it. He tries to be a passt first PG, that much is obvious but he's so limited talent-wise...I honestly don't think he can make it in this league. His effort and commitment are great, but I don't think that's enough in his case.
    hahaha please stfu

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    hahaha please stfu
    I think he wrote that before Lin went off.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I think he wrote that before Lin went off.
    i dont care....its not like he said lin wont go off for 38 points and 7 assists against the lakers....he said limited talent wise. even though hes the only one with the 'talent' to penetrate.

Originally Posted by JujuXG
    The thread that started it all
    Believe, when no one else gave him a shot
    I still can't believe how quickly Lin's upped his game. I thought he'd be a 10/5 guy, not a 20/10. (And definitely not a 40/10! Although I didn't think STAT would be out and Jeffries would be rebounding.)

Exactly +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000!

@JalenRose tweeted this:

BTW...ANYONE that says "I knew" or "predicted" that Lin could perform at this level is clearly not being honest [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Here's my tweet back to him:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] You're actually dead wrong. Knicks fans have been calling for linsanity for months. We saw the talent! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

knicksonline rocks!!!!

Props to everyone that thought Lin should have gotten playing time a long time ago, I am proud to be part of that list.

Kenny Smith said that the fact that it took Lin this long to play shows a lack of ability to recognize talent....go kenny smith!

and thats one of the thing Dantoni does so well (not giving guys a chance)

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Props to everyone that thought Lin should have gotten playing time a long time ago, I am proud to be part of that list.

Kenny Smith said that the fact that it took Lin this long to play shows a lack of ability to recognize talent....go kenny smith!

Default The guy who predicted Lin before us.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

by Ed Weiland Any team looking to find a starting PG in the 2010 NBA draft had best win the lottery and get the top pick. A year after the legendary PG draft of 2009, the pickings for playmakers are going to be thin. That doesn’t mean there won’t be a player or two who surprise the experts though.
    The best candidate to pull off such a surprise might be Harvard’s Jeremy Lin. The reason is two numbers Lin posted, 2-point FG pct and RSB40. Lin was at .598 and 9.7. This is impressive on both counts. These numbers show NBA athleticism better than any other, because a high score in both shows dominance at the college level on both ends of the court... Find the List here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Exactly +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000!

@JalenRose tweeted this:

BTW...ANYONE that says "I knew" or "predicted" that Lin could perform at this level is clearly not being honest [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] You're actually dead wrong. Knicks fans have been calling for linsanity for months. We saw the talent! [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Lol... C'mon. This thread was made 15 days ago not months ago and nowhere in this thread did anyone expect Jeremy Lin to have the best start to an NBA starting career in history.

I applaud those who saw the potential in Lin to be our distributor but lets not pretend we foresaw the coming of an all-star because that didn't happen

Originally Posted by smokes
    Lol... C'mon. This thread was made 15 days ago not months ago and nowhere in this thread did anyone expect Jeremy Lin to have the best start to an NBA starting career in history.

I applaud those who saw the potential in Lin to be our distributor but lets not pretend we foresaw the coming of an all-star because that didn't happen
    I knew he was going to be really good in this offense. I don't think anyone said he'd have a 26 ppg avg prior but I knew he could be a 15 and 8 guy. Anyone who watched him play in the few minutes he got to play on our team could tell he would be great in this system. Do I really have to go back in threads and show you where I was saying Jeremy was the answer for our problems at PG and that we didn't need to look outside of our team to fix the PG situation? I really don't want to but I will to prove a point. I also said Novak would be awesome if he just got some play time. Just say the word and I'll bump my older posts. Also, I'm not the only one who was saying that...There was a few of us that had an idea that he was the answer to our problems at point.
    Last edited by KingofNy; Feb 12, 2012 at 20:31.

@JalenRose tweeted this:

I'm not disagreeing people saw potential in Lin. I'm saying you're making it out a lot more than it is.

I'm not disagreeing people saw potential in Lin. I'm saying you're making it out a lot more than it is.
    I took his "perform at this level" comment as meaning he couldn't be a decent NBA starter. I don't think anyone is crowning him as an all-star or thought he'd be an instant all-star. The only game that really surprised me was the Lakers game. Lin's performance was insane. I had a feeling that he'd be a 15 and 8 guy and he probably will be just that when Amare and Melo get back. Rose made it sound like it's such a surprise that he can even be an NBA starter imo.

I took his "perform at this level" comment as meaning he couldn't be a decent NBA starter. I don't think anyone is crowning him as an all-star or thought he'd be an instant all-star. The only game that really surprised me was the Lakers game. Lin's performance was insane. I had a feeling that he'd be a 15 and 8 guy and he probably will be just that when Amare and Melo get back. Rose made it sound like it's such a surprise that he can even be an NBA starter imo.
    I see what you mean I took "play at this level" to mean average 28 and 8 not "this level" as in the NBA.

I see what you mean I took "play at this level" to mean average 28 and 8 not "this level" as in the NBA.
    Yea that's exactly how I took it. To me it sounded like he was saying no-one knew he could be an NBA starting PG. Yea no way in hell did anyone know he was going to avg 26 ppg through his first 5. Like I said, I'm wouldn't of been surprised if he averaged 15 ppg, 8 ass, and 2 spg. I am surprised he did it without Melo and Stat and that's what makes it so much more amazing!

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I don't think Lin played that well tbh. Better than Douglas? Maybe, but he doesn't look like he can run this offense either.

6 assists in garbage time don't mean much, I wouldn't read too much into it. He tries to be a passt first PG, that much is obvious but he's so limited talent-wise...I honestly don't think he can make it in this league. His effort and commitment are great, but I don't think that's enough in his case.
    Have a slice!!!