You guys are in denial, We need to burn this team down.

metrocard

Legend
So we should just keep trading guys, rotating through "stars", until it clicks immediately?

Nope. We don't need stars. Stars are soft unless their built like Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett...hard workers who take winning seriously. I'll feel comfortable with the Knicks when they acquire nice pieces through the draft like they did with Gallo and Chandler, and balance the roster out with guys who can move the ball and rotate on defense. Cap flexbility too.

listen dumb ass your idea is stupid and the more foul shit you say to insult me instead of fixing your idea shows your a dumb ass who can't debate. I didn't want to do the research because I knew it wasn't going to change anything but since you kept crying about it I did. kemba and Biyombo (Biyombo stats 13 minutes, 3.1 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks.) are freshman who could both be flukes due to playing on a crappy team no one take serious it happens every year. Also Kemba's triple double was against the wizards.... The only team worse than the Bobcats & guess what the wizards still won that game with John "overrated" wall playing point. Kemba wouldn't get this much burn if DJ augustin hadn't missed some games with an injury

Also keep ignoring the fact that the knicks can't shoot for their life so JR Smith would help a tons for the short term since it would force teams to not TRIPLE TEAM melo.

and for me saying my team idea is better than yours... that was me mocking you going so hard to insult people over your hypothetical team. The fact that we're still talking about crappy trade idea means I'm falling into your level of absurdity.

Why are you getting so emotional?
How old are you to still talking like "your idea is stupid"?
How do you know without doing the research?
Did you suffer from brain damage as a child?
It happens every year, who were the rookies each year that averaged 1.6 blocks in 13 minutes?
Kemba wouldnt get burn if DJ wasn't playing, then why did Kemba start 8 games playing 34 minutes?
Explain how John Wall is overrated, isn't he the best player from his draft class? Who has overrated him?
Since when Melo is triple team?
Do you watch the Knicks?
Are your emotions still shook?
Do you hate me?

metrocard

Legend
viny%20jersey%20shore%20wtf.gif

p0nder

Starter
Look man, denial is a Knicks fan's way of life... Stop messing with it with all these crazy ass trade melo/amare threads. Melo and amare are gonna be co-mvp's and BARON DAVIS is gonna take us to the promised land. Tyson for defensive player of the year. shump for ROY.

On the real tho i don't like the trades you came up with. Not enough picks, not a K.Walker fan (too much shooting/T.O's, not enough scoring/facilitating), not enough to compete now and in the future, too small, too much risk.

Though at this point somethings gotta change. If we lose to mufukkin Detroit, D'antoni should be fired or at least pretty damn close to it. That would be a start. Then I'd like to see Davis get on the floor to see if he has any game left before I blow up the team. I'm not opposed to trading Amar'e or Melo really. I just don't think we'll get back any good offers for them.

Melo will not net us the deal we gave up to denver and Amar'e will only get minimal returns because of his uninsured knees. At this point it makes more sense to work up some role players like Shump and/or Jorts into viable trade assets, along with Fields and try to get back a decent value for them. Even TC would be more trade-able then Amar'e and Melo.

First thing tho is that this offense needs to be fixed. And that's on the coach and the PG. Baron sounds like he's at least another week away from being in game shape and even when he returns his minutes will be limited. We need a committed, real deal, pure PG.

We all discussed this before the TC acquisition regarding what the team needed most. People made a point that a true C with good blocking, defense and rebounding next to STAT would make this team better then a pass-first, pure PG. Well those people got what they asked for and this is the result.

Give this team a real PG (and a different coach, literally any coach will do) and watch them flourish. If Davis comes back to form then we may have a real contender here. With good defense, rebounding top to bottom and maybe even depth if we get Fields/Toney/Jorts coming in off the bench to provide major impact.

The offense is sputtering without a floor general. Davis is a vocal guy who knows how to set up good plays and read his teammates. He may not be a 'push the ball' player any more but in a half court set I'm sure he can set Amar'e/Melo up to knock 'em down.

Thugball

Benchwarmer
:smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin::smokin:
Dolan sells team
Pringles fired
Trade Melo and Douglas for Nash Lopez, Dudley and 1st rounder
Sign JR Smith
Hire Van Gundy
Draft Kendall Marshall

Owner: Anybody but Dolan
Coach: Jeff Van Gundy
Nash/Davis
JR Smith/ Shump
Dudley/Fields
STAT/Harrelson
Chandler/Lopez

Last edited:

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I still think our current roster is fine.

With Chandler getting half an hour at the 5, with Jorts and Jordan taking the remaining minutes.
Split that duty up with STAT at the 4, and that leaves Novak, Balkman, and roundball-gods preserve us, even Jeffries seeing minutes in that position as well.

That leaves Anthony, Fields, Walker juggling the swing positions with Shumpy, Lin and Douglas mixing as guards.

And we still have two veteran guards in reserve (Bibby, Davis).

Of course, the bench is only utilized when we're up by 20...

TakMan

Rotation player
I'm with KBlack on this. What this team needs more than anything right now is a PG and some roster stability. With stability comes chemistry. Give players the right to discover one another and any combination can work, including one with Anthony, Stoudamire, and Chandler. I also think Davis will improve our offensive options quite substantially.

metrocard: It happens every year, who were the rookies each year that averaged 1.6 blocks in 13 minutes

That means nothing. Stoudamire was amongst the top blockers in the league last year yet he is still one of the worst defenders I have seen. Byiombo plays for the Bobcats. I'll say that again; The Bobcats. Someone's got to block shots. Doesn't equate him with good defence.

There have been many errors made during this season but dismantling this team 21 games in would be the greatest one. Teams like OKC, Chicago, even Philadelphia didn't instantly click. They've progressively improved as their chemistry has developed. The Knicks haven't experienced roster stability since the 90's. What else haven't the Knicks achieved since the 90's?

metrocard

Legend
I'm with KBlack on this. What this team needs more than anything right now is a PG and some roster stability. With stability comes chemistry. Give players the right to discover one another and any combination can work, including one with Anthony, Stoudamire, and Chandler. I also think Davis will improve our offensive options quite substantially.

That means nothing. Stoudamire was amongst the top blockers in the league last year yet he is still one of the worst defenders I have seen. Byiombo plays for the Bobcats. I'll say that again; The Bobcats. Someone's got to block shots. Doesn't equate him with good defence.

There have been many errors made during this season but dismantling this team 21 games in would be the greatest one. Teams like OKC, Chicago, even Philadelphia didn't instantly click. They've progressively improved as their chemistry has developed. The Knicks haven't experienced roster stability since the 90's. What else haven't the Knicks achieved since the 90's?

Biyombo always been a good defender, so chill out.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
As crazy as that sounds, it may actually be necessary in order to have a balanced team with depth that can contend in the east. I like a traditional team that emphasizes defense and plays inside ball. The chances of getting fowled and getting to the line are much greater then if you just chuck up shots. Melo scores 25 points but he should, after taking 30 shots.

As far as coaching staff goes, in fairness to D'Antoni, he hasn't had a consistent team throughout his time in NY. Each year he's virtually got a different squad. There's no time to jell so what do we really expect? What other coaches are available? Tibs is gone to Chicago. Who else is there?

Knicks made two fatal mistakes, gutting the team for Mello and cutting our only point guard and overpaying for Chandler.

DrB

Benchwarmer
It's complicated

whoa whoa whoa my man don't call me simple minded when your simple ass can only come up with a plan to take on crappy players from the worse team in the damn league whose grand plan is to tank for a number 1 pick and the Cavs who would be crap if not for their number 1 pick and Varaejo.

The team you came up with looks like the type of team full of trash players that would be lottery bound for 3 years. Also yeah I would take JR smith because if like you said he becomes a ball hog there is this thing called a "6th man" where he could come off the bench and score.

Trading both Melo and/or Amare is like when the Knicks traded Zach Randolph because Eddy Curry was a fat ass. At most you trade 1 and then build around the other. Your deal is bad. The best player involved for the Knicks right now is Cassipi & Jamison with future hopes on Kemba and Biyombo. That team isn't championship caliber its at best first round fodder for a better team :barf: which is where the knicks are now. But at worse the knicks have one bad contract that can be moved for depth. your whole team idea would be hard as heck to fix when it goes wrong.

Like I said if they did your plan which they would not it would go down in knick infamy as the time the knicks had stars and instead of at worse altering the team around one of them decided to trade all of them for crappy pieces.

Also yeah I said win the east, I could of said championship but it doesn't matter its hypothetical. Also the team I made up in my mind would whoop the team you made up in your minds ass.

There's a ton of frustration that went away when we saw Landry stop aiming the ball in the Detroit game..We saw Shumbert make a few great defensive steals but dumb rookie turnovers..if we gotta go to Jeffries because Harrelson is hurt remember both suck. Harrelson is so slow he can't defend and Jeffries can defend but he can't catch the ball or hit the side of a barn on his shot. TD can play great just NOT IN CLUTCH SITUATIONS.
We need Baron Davis to make SHUMPERT LEARN THE PG POSITION.
Amare's friggin attitude changed when he heard about being traded for PAUL...he just stopped playing defense period.
My wife, the KINICK GODDESS..still sees potential if attitudes change. She has seen MELO share the ball more, better substitution by D'Antoni but wants BALKMAN FREED as do I.
No more trades this year...let's maximize the confidence of those players we have. This is a head game as much as anything and the KINCKS NEED to go from can't to believing they can win down the stretch. Trust me we need Melo then....
Walker has stepped up but we miss Shawn Williams...and his "TRES"

So if Fields can stay out of his coma, Shumpert continues to improve{he has the skill set} but makes dumb mistakes....Amare decides to become a BEAST on the boards again.....and MELO plays in the flow and Davis gets back soon we will make the playoffs. Right know the 76er's and Boston healthy are better than us. We can beat them both if D'Antoni does a better job with what he has.
BTW I like LIN....over BIBBY.

Last edited: