Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: You guys are in denial, We need to burn this team down.

Burning it down now leaves us in a much worse position than we have now.

I'd like to have roster stability for once in the last 12 years.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

You're simple minded and LAZY. Still haven't done your research? You continue to repeat yourself by labeling players you know little to nothing about "garbage". Don't do your research actually. Stay ignorant.

The team we have right now is LOTTERY BOUND...so your statement is ****ty. If you favor this team, and you have to favor a lottery bound level team.

How is JR Smith going to score with no one who can accurately pass? Or are we going to watch JR Smith do an ISO and expect him to work 1 on 5 Magic? What is youre JR Smith Plan here? Don't we have enough streaky scorers in STAT, Melo, Shump, Fields and Davis? Wouldn't some balance and a little more consistency make sense? Easy shots? Do you understand basketball? Will Obama get elected again? Tell me man, you totally lost me on this JR Smith mess.

Best player in the deal is Kemba, not Casspi. He's put up 15 PPG 4 APG 1.6 SPG and .9BLK . He recently had a triple double. Do your research, asswipe.

Wargames
    Also the team I made up in my mind would whoop the team you made up in your minds ass.

12th man

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Burning it down now leaves us in a much worse position than we have now.

I'd like to have roster stability for once in the last 12 years.
    That is an irrelevant desire.

We're ranked 23rd right.

23-30 is not much of a difference.

We aren't the Spurs or Mavs. We're losers.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    That is an irrelevant desire.

We're ranked 23rd right.

23-30 is not much of a difference.

We aren't the Spurs or Mavs. We're losers.
    So we should just keep trading guys, rotating through "stars", until it clicks immediately?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You're simple minded and LAZY. Still haven't done your research? You continue to repeat yourself by labeling players you know little to nothing about "garbage". Don't do your research actually. Stay ignorant.

The team we have right now is LOTTERY BOUND...so your statement is ****ty. If you favor this team, and you have to favor a lottery bound level team.

How is JR Smith going to score with no one who can accurately pass? Or are we going to watch JR Smith do an ISO and expect him to work 1 on 5 Magic? What is youre JR Smith Plan here? Don't we have enough streaky scorers in STAT, Melo, Shump, Fields and Davis? Wouldn't some balance and a little more consistency make sense? Easy shots? Do you understand basketball? Will Obama get elected again? Tell me man, you totally lost me on this JR Smith mess.

Best player in the deal is Kemba, not Casspi. He's put up 15 PPG 4 APG 1.6 SPG and .9BLK . He recently had a triple double. Do your research, asswipe.

listen dumb ass your idea is stupid and the more foul **** you say to insult me instead of fixing your idea shows your a dumb ass who can't debate. I didn't want to do the research because I knew it wasn't going to change anything but since you kept crying about it I did. kemba and Biyombo (Biyombo stats 13 minutes, 3.1 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks.) are freshman who could both be flukes due to playing on a crappy team no one take serious it happens every year. Also Kemba's triple double was against the wizards.... The only team worse than the Bobcats & guess what the wizards still won that game with John "overrated" wall playing point. Kemba wouldn't get this much burn if DJ augustin hadn't missed some games with an injury

Also keep ignoring the fact that the knicks can't shoot for their life so JR Smith would help a tons for the short term since it would force teams to not TRIPLE TEAM melo.

and for me saying my team idea is better than yours... that was me mocking you going so hard to insult people over your hypothetical team. The fact that we're still talking about crappy trade idea means I'm falling into your level of absurdity.

12th man

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    So we should just keep trading guys, rotating through "stars", until it clicks immediately?
    Nope. We don't need stars. Stars are soft unless their built like Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett...hard workers who take winning seriously. I'll feel comfortable with the Knicks when they acquire nice pieces through the draft like they did with Gallo and Chandler, and balance the roster out with guys who can move the ball and rotate on defense. Cap flexbility too.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    listen dumb ass your idea is stupid and the more foul **** you say to insult me instead of fixing your idea shows your a dumb ass who can't debate. I didn't want to do the research because I knew it wasn't going to change anything but since you kept crying about it I did. kemba and Biyombo (Biyombo stats 13 minutes, 3.1 points, 3.6 rebounds and 1.6 blocks.) are freshman who could both be flukes due to playing on a crappy team no one take serious it happens every year. Also Kemba's triple double was against the wizards.... The only team worse than the Bobcats & guess what the wizards still won that game with John "overrated" wall playing point. Kemba wouldn't get this much burn if DJ augustin hadn't missed some games with an injury

Also keep ignoring the fact that the knicks can't shoot for their life so JR Smith would help a tons for the short term since it would force teams to not TRIPLE TEAM melo.

and for me saying my team idea is better than yours... that was me mocking you going so hard to insult people over your hypothetical team. The fact that we're still talking about crappy trade idea means I'm falling into your level of absurdity.
    Why are you getting so emotional?
    How old are you to still talking like "your idea is stupid"?
    How do you know without doing the research?
    Did you suffer from brain damage as a child?
    It happens every year, who were the rookies each year that averaged 1.6 blocks in 13 minutes?
    Kemba wouldnt get burn if DJ wasn't playing, then why did Kemba start 8 games playing 34 minutes?
    Explain how John Wall is overrated, isn't he the best player from his draft class? Who has overrated him?
    Since when Melo is triple team?
    Do you watch the Knicks?
    Are your emotions still shook?
    Do you hate me?

lol man lol

12th man

Look man, denial is a Knicks fan's way of life... Stop messing with it with all these crazy ass trade melo/amare threads. Melo and amare are gonna be co-mvp's and BARON DAVIS is gonna take us to the promised land. Tyson for defensive player of the year. shump for ROY.

On the real tho i don't like the trades you came up with. Not enough picks, not a K.Walker fan (too much shooting/T.O's, not enough scoring/facilitating), not enough to compete now and in the future, too small, too much risk.

Though at this point somethings gotta change. If we lose to mu****in Detroit, D'antoni should be fired or at least pretty damn close to it. That would be a start. Then I'd like to see Davis get on the floor to see if he has any game left before I blow up the team. I'm not opposed to trading Amar'e or Melo really. I just don't think we'll get back any good offers for them.

Melo will not net us the deal we gave up to denver and Amar'e will only get minimal returns because of his uninsured knees. At this point it makes more sense to work up some role players like Shump and/or Jorts into viable trade assets, along with Fields and try to get back a decent value for them. Even TC would be more trade-able then Amar'e and Melo.

First thing tho is that this offense needs to be fixed. And that's on the coach and the PG. Baron sounds like he's at least another week away from being in game shape and even when he returns his minutes will be limited. We need a committed, real deal, pure PG.

We all discussed this before the TC acquisition regarding what the team needed most. People made a point that a true C with good blocking, defense and rebounding next to STAT would make this team better then a pass-first, pure PG. Well those people got what they asked for and this is the result.

Give this team a real PG (and a different coach, literally any coach will do) and watch them flourish. If Davis comes back to form then we may have a real contender here. With good defense, rebounding top to bottom and maybe even depth if we get Fields/Toney/Jorts coming in off the bench to provide major impact.

The offense is sputtering without a floor general. Davis is a vocal guy who knows how to set up good plays and read his teammates. He may not be a 'push the ball' player any more but in a half court set I'm sure he can set Amar'e/Melo up to knock 'em down.

Dolan sells team
    Pringles fired
    Trade Melo and Douglas for Nash Lopez, Dudley and 1st rounder
    Sign JR Smith
    Hire Van Gundy
    Draft Kendall Marshall

Owner: Anybody but Dolan
    Coach: Jeff Van Gundy
    Nash/Davis
    JR Smith/ Shump
    Dudley/Fields
    STAT/Harrelson
    Chandler/Lopez
    Last edited by Thugball; Feb 01, 2012 at 19:49.

I still think our current roster is fine.

With Chandler getting half an hour at the 5, with Jorts and Jordan taking the remaining minutes.
    Split that duty up with STAT at the 4, and that leaves Novak, Balkman, and roundball-gods preserve us, even Jeffries seeing minutes in that position as well.

That leaves Anthony, Fields, Walker juggling the swing positions with Shumpy, Lin and Douglas mixing as guards.

And we still have two veteran guards in reserve (Bibby, Davis).

Of course, the bench is only utilized when we're up by 20...

Superstar

I'm with KBlack on this. What this team needs more than anything right now is a PG and some roster stability. With stability comes chemistry. Give players the right to discover one another and any combination can work, including one with Anthony, Stoudamire, and Chandler. I also think Davis will improve our offensive options quite substantially.

metrocard: It happens every year, who were the rookies each year that averaged 1.6 blocks in 13 minutes
    That means nothing. Stoudamire was amongst the top blockers in the league last year yet he is still one of the worst defenders I have seen. Byiombo plays for the Bobcats. I'll say that again; The Bobcats. Someone's got to block shots. Doesn't equate him with good defence.

There have been many errors made during this season but dismantling this team 21 games in would be the greatest one. Teams like OKC, Chicago, even Philadelphia didn't instantly click. They've progressively improved as their chemistry has developed. The Knicks haven't experienced roster stability since the 90's. What else haven't the Knicks achieved since the 90's?

12th man

Originally Posted by TakMan
    I'm with KBlack on this. What this team needs more than anything right now is a PG and some roster stability. With stability comes chemistry. Give players the right to discover one another and any combination can work, including one with Anthony, Stoudamire, and Chandler. I also think Davis will improve our offensive options quite substantially.

That means nothing. Stoudamire was amongst the top blockers in the league last year yet he is still one of the worst defenders I have seen. Byiombo plays for the Bobcats. I'll say that again; The Bobcats. Someone's got to block shots. Doesn't equate him with good defence.

There have been many errors made during this season but dismantling this team 21 games in would be the greatest one. Teams like OKC, Chicago, even Philadelphia didn't instantly click. They've progressively improved as their chemistry has developed. The Knicks haven't experienced roster stability since the 90's. What else haven't the Knicks achieved since the 90's?
    Biyombo always been a good defender, so chill out.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

As crazy as that sounds, it may actually be necessary in order to have a balanced team with depth that can contend in the east. I like a traditional team that emphasizes defense and plays inside ball. The chances of getting fowled and getting to the line are much greater then if you just chuck up shots. Melo scores 25 points but he should, after taking 30 shots.

As far as coaching staff goes, in fairness to D'Antoni, he hasn't had a consistent team throughout his time in NY. Each year he's virtually got a different squad. There's no time to jell so what do we really expect? What other coaches are available? Tibs is gone to Chicago. Who else is there?

Knicks made two fatal mistakes, gutting the team for Mello and cutting our only point guard and overpaying for Chandler.

12th man

DonChris is back!