Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sixers want Amare

- 7 playoffs games averaging less than 35%FG,
    - 5 consecutive seasons without winning more than one game in the playoffs,
    - 3rd worst FG% shooter on his team during the 2008 playoffs,
    - once averaged 0.06% shooting (1 of 16) in a playoff game.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    - 7 playoffs games averaging less than 35%FG,
    - 5 consecutive seasons without winning more than one game in the playoffs,
    - 3rd worst FG% shooter on his team during the 2008 playoffs,
    - once averaged 0.06% shooting (1 of 16) in a playoff game.
    -2009 took the nuggets to the western conference finals

it amazes me how from 2007- 2009 melo was considered one the best players in this league but now he's a Knick he's considered a bum, needs to be traded.

@ Dzwonson would you take Gallanari/Stat over Melo/stat in the playoffs?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Melo isn't a star. If he was, Knicks wouldn't be a lottery team. He's not that good. He's becoming a Jerry Stackhouse type player at this point. His defense is ****, and he doesn't make his teammates better. I hate Melo because he ruined the Knicks future. Gallo was our man, homegrown, tough and talented. No need for Melo. Denver is arguably the best team in the West now. If Melo was a star, Denver would of gotten worse. Melo was always surrounded by a good team in Denver. Now he's with a **** team in New York and is being exposed as a fugazi.

Evans won't pass to Melo at a consistent rate. Evans is a score first player. Doesn't work.
    Evans isn't a shooter either.
    Miller can score without dominating the ball and he's one of the best in the NBA in keeping the ball moving.

Do you understand we're not good at moving the ball? You're promoting the Knicks to acquire a ball dominant player to link up with Shumpert and Carmelo. No sense in that. Evans is a SG, Shump is a SG and Melo is a SF playing like a SG. Too redundant. Worse shooting trio also...no threats from longe range.
    If Evans was on the Knicks, he'll be even a worse defender. D'Antoni is our coach remember?

Evans is a better fit at SG than PG.

Barea/Kidd can play together because they're both excellent at moving the ball around, can shoot from long range and are solid defenders with high IQ on offense. I saw alot of Dallas, I told people they would win the championship before the playoffs started.

Caramel faces up a lot more than post up. His post game isn't a force. Melo has a tendancy to fall in love with the jumper.

Durant > Melo.

I just had a thought if the knicks were really planning on Phil Jackson coming to knicks then maybe they should trade Amare to acquire Iggy and filler/depth. Imagine in the triangle

Melo = Jordan
    Iggy = pippen
    Tyson = Rodman

And then maybe the knicks target Odom for the MlE to play PF. That would be an amazing lineup for the Triangle.

Starters:
    Baron
    Iggy
    Melo
    Odom
    Tyson

Bench:
    Fields
    Jorts
    Turner
    Iman

That team would be a problem to defend against and could definitely score.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Melo isn't a star. If he was, Knicks wouldn't be a lottery team. He's not that good. He's becoming a Jerry Stackhouse type player at this point. His defense is ****, and he doesn't make his teammates better. I hate Melo because he ruined the Knicks future. Gallo was our man, homegrown, tough and talented. No need for Melo. Denver is arguably the best team in the West now. If Melo was a star, Denver would of gotten worse. Melo was always surrounded by a good team in Denver. Now he's with a **** team in New York and is being exposed as a fugazi.

Evans won't pass to Melo at a consistent rate. Evans is a score first player. Doesn't work.
    Evans isn't a shooter either.
    Miller can score without dominating the ball and he's one of the best in the NBA in keeping the ball moving.

Do you understand we're not good at moving the ball? You're promoting the Knicks to acquire a ball dominant player to link up with Shumpert and Carmelo. No sense in that. Evans is a SG, Shump is a SG and Melo is a SF playing like a SG. Too redundant. Worse shooting trio also...no threats from longe range.
    If Evans was on the Knicks, he'll be even a worse defender. D'Antoni is our coach remember?

Evans is a better fit at SG than PG.

Barea/Kidd can play together because they're both excellent at moving the ball around, can shoot from long range and are solid defenders with high IQ on offense. I saw alot of Dallas, I told people they would win the championship before the playoffs started.

Caramel faces up a lot more than post up. His post game isn't a force. Melo has a tendancy to fall in love with the jumper.

Durant > Melo.
    i dont know, yeah we suck right now but i rather see how the team performs with a legit pg melo is being asked to do to much "play point forward, score, pass more make your team mates better " it's hard to make people better when half our players have no business getting the kind of minutes there getting we just dont have good enough players to be effective. Melos was my fav player even before he was a knick so ill always support him if he wasn't a star he wouldn't be on the allstar team every year or the usa team. He's not a dwight howard or lebron james but he is considered a star in this league and not by coincidence.

i dont hate melo but i feel you homie he pretty much did ruin our future. i was hoping he'd just come through free agency because the team we had before was deeper and better then the current team we have now, but oh well we have what we have we just have to make it work someway somehow.

ok shump was prob a bad choice to put in a backcourt with evans. He's a rookie i just feel he'll develop his jumper and become more consistent eventually. He brings the type of defense you would want in the backcourt so i just threw him in there to play sg. a kyle Korver or ray allen type player would work with evans. as far as not passing to melo on consistent basis, melo dont need the ball on consistent basis he gets the ball enough as it is i fear a passive pg would give the ball to melo to much and he shoots us out the game.

miller i dont know if he could work in a dantoni system his shooting range is limited he is a good passer though and knows how to move the ball around like you said. If we get a passive pg he has to be a leader someone thats not scared to tell our star players "your not getting the ball this possession". this is why i dont know why we gave up billups. chandlers nice and all i love his hustle and rebounding but we could of survived this season with a cheaper center and made moves in this next free agency coming up with all the big names in it plus we would of have billups expiring contract. the only PG that can save this team is Nash IMO. even at his age he's still has alot left in the tank and can run the pick and roll with stat as well as get others involved.

If Baron sucks and nash doesn't sign with the knicks in FA who do you think we take a look at?

Jason kidd maybe?

Originally Posted by Wargames
    I just had a thought if the knicks were really planning on Phil Jackson coming to knicks then maybe they should trade Amare to acquire Iggy and filler/depth. Imagine in the triangle

Melo = Jordan
    Iggy = pippen
    Tyson = Rodman

And then maybe the knicks target Odom for the MlE to play PF. That would be an amazing lineup for the Triangle.

Starters:
    Baron
    Iggy
    Melo
    Odom
    Tyson

Bench:
    Fields
    Jorts
    Turner
    Iman

That team would be a problem to defend against and could definitely score.
    melo= jordan? lol melo's my fav player but he's not jordan or in anyway close to equaling jordan lol. but i get what your trying to say thats a pretty good lineup with nice floor spacing and a acceptable bench.

Do you think philly would give up igudola and turner just for stat though? iggy is one of the main reasons philly is sitting at #3 right now in the conference and what would they do with elton brand if stat is there.

i like that lineup though not sure if odom wants the MLE he can get more then that but its would be worth a try.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    -2009 took the nuggets to the western conference finals
    Carmelo didn't pass a 39% shooting mark in the last 4 games of the WCF, besides he had seven games with below 40% shooting including embarrassing 18%FG in G4 of the WCF... he didn't take anyone anywhere, the successful 2008-09 season was result of bringing Chauncey, who even if not is his prime had to carry the team while Carmelo was chucking. I'm not saying Anthony didn't play well back then, he had some great games in the playoffs, but without Billups he wouldn't pass the first round...

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    melo= jordan? lol melo's my fav player but he's not jordan or in anyway close to equaling jordan lol. but i get what your trying to say thats a pretty good lineup with nice floor spacing and a acceptable bench.

Do you think philly would give up igudola and turner just for stat though? iggy is one of the main reasons philly is sitting at #3 right now in the conference and what would they do with elton brand if stat is there.

i like that lineup though not sure if odom wants the MLE he can get more then that but its would be worth a try.
    I should of specified and said Melo = Jordan for the triangle sake of as kobe = jordan in the triangle in the fact that he would be the main scoring option. I'm not sayong Melo is equal to jordan or even Kobe as a player (yet, he really just need to play D to be up there though)

Also as for iggy for Amare it could happen. They've tried to move him before for a consistent scoring threat before (iggy for monta, etc) also Iggy while great is far from a star and the 76ers want a star to draw crowds. Lastly the 76ers could either move brand expiring or amnesty him. So Brand isnt a depth roadblock. Anyhow like I said wilbon was hinting the knicks need to change their roster to convince phil Jackson. The moves I suggested would fit the triangle like a glove.

Also considering Odom is from Ny and wants to play in a major media market and looks to phil jackson as a father figure I could see him taking a pay cut to do it.
    Last edited by Wargames; Feb 03, 2012 at 08:35.