Sixers want Amare

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Depends on what do we get in exchange, but if it's worth trading Amare, I'd be okay about that. Doesn't anyone want Lamelo? I would trade him even for a couple of 1st round picks... Actually I'd trade everyone except of Chandler, Shumpert and Harrellson...

iSaYughh

Starter
76'ers ar a deep ass team. But they know they are a true offensive force away being able to handle the big boys in the league and really contend.

No way they would give up Holliday. Or would they....STAT for Jru straight up? That'd be sick.

But maybe some Iggy and Lou Williams based swap of players? Even Evan Turner getting thrown into the mix.

With us giving up STAT and perhaps Fields and Douglas, even Shumpert in the mix.

STAT, Fields, Shumpert for Iggy and Evan Turner and Williams. Who knows...

It's just interesting so much chatter about STAT around the league.

You really get the sense we're going to make a real bold move before this season is done.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Jrue. HOLIDAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

Philly's announcer is badass.

But, I say hold off on anything until we're sure that Otis Smith isn't willing to move Dwight for STAT and Chandler.

As much as I like Jrue, I'm not sure that Shump can't give us that same production. The only difference between the two is experience and coaching. Jrue is a pure combo guard, and we already have a combo and an undersized 2.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Come on guys not yet. Just let this play out at least till the trade deadline.

There will be takers for STAT, so we don't have to rush to make a deal. I saw how great he was last year. And I'm not yet ready to give up on him. Not even close.

KingCharles34

All Star
lol at us gettin holliday or Iggy :lol:

Amerie aint worth sh*t, Id be glad if the Knicks found a way to dump him off to some other team even if we get just about nothing in return. Trade him for Garnett or someone with an expiring contract, if they cant move Stat i think they should waive him.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
lol at us gettin holliday or Iggy :lol:

Amerie aint worth sh*t, Id be glad if the Knicks found a way to dump him off to some other team even if we get just about nothing in return. Trade him for Garnett or someone with an expiring contract, if they cant move Stat i think they should waive him.

Bro there's no reason to trade him now. His value is at an all time low, and I still believe that hes earned the right to have more time after last year.

If we do decide that its best to part with him, let's at least wait till he has a great stretch of games, that way we can up the value in terms of what we get back.

Right now the Sixers wouldn't give us to much for STAT.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Amar'e Stoudemire sucks this year, because he's playing under Antoni.

Antoni has Carmelo Anthony looking like Jamal Crawford.

That being said, I think the Knicks should fire Antoni first and get a good coach. Then whoever still sucks can get the fu/ck out.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Stoudemire, Fields, Walker and Douglas for Igoudala, Meeks, Williams and a Protected 1st Round

Sign Kenyon Martin

G- Baron Davis
G- Andre Igoudala
F- Carmelo Anthony
F- Kenyon Martin
C- Tyson Chandler

G- Lou Williams
G- Iman Shumpert
G- Jodie Meeks
F- Josh Harrellson

do it

New New York

Quiet Storm
It amazes me how guys who showed loyalty to Stephon Marbuary who was basically an extension of Isiah Thomas and all that he stood for on the court and did nothing to turn us to a winner show no patience for Stat!

Stat is playing bad so far, but he has also shown flashes of how good he is, players slump, it happens!

I'm not against a trade that improves our team....yet trading Stat because of a slow start is ignorant

Stat was an All NBA 2nd team player and now Jrue Holliday and Andre Igudola is asking too much for him?

Iggy is too valuable to Philly for what he does for that team on the defensive side of the ball which is why they would not trade him for anyone not named Lebron, but it is not due to him being better than Stat

If Dwight is traded to another team, New Jersey will gladly take Amare for D Will straight up!

So on the subject of trading him to Philly....I would ask for Elton Brand and Jrue Holliday just to get the conversations going

metrocard

Legend
It amazes me how guys who showed loyalty to Stephon Marbuary who was basically an extension of Isiah Thomas and all that he stood for on the court and did nothing to turn us to a winner show no patience for Stat!

Stat is playing bad so far, but he has also shown flashes of how good he is, players slump, it happens!

I'm not against a trade that improves our team....yet trading Stat because of a slow start is ignorant

Stat was an All NBA 2nd team player and now Jrue Holliday and Andre Igudola is asking too much for him?

Iggy is too valuable to Philly for what he does for that team on the defensive side of the ball which is why they would not trade him for anyone not named Lebron, but it is not due to him being better than Stat

If Dwight is traded to another team, New Jersey will gladly take Amare for D Will straight up!

So on the subject of trading him to Philly....I would ask for Elton Brand and Jrue Holliday just to get the conversations going

Well said, best post thus far. Changed my mind.

I want to see how Amare does with Baron Davis first. If Baron Davis comes back in good shape playing well and Amare is still stinking then I say trade him. We could trade Amare for more depth since Philly is a pretty deep team.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
It's just rumours. Why would Sixers want Amare? He's garbage and doesn't play any defence. He would drive coach Collins mad with his lazy play.

Wargames

Starter
It's just rumours. Why would Sixers want Amare? He's garbage and doesn't play any defence. He would drive coach Collins mad with his lazy play.

Well their owner just said they want a star player and currently playing bad or Not right now Amare is a star player and more famous than anyone on their whole team. Also the 76er's want to run and play in transition and Brand is holding them back from doing that. So Amare would be a good fit for them in that regard.

the flip for the knicks would be that the trade would likely include brand who comes off either this year (ETO option) or next year (much more likely) for 17 million that could be used to improve the overall roster. Also involved would obviously be some of the 76er's depth and picks.

Well their owner just said they want a star player and currently playing bad or Not right now Amare is a star player and more famous than anyone on their whole team. Also the 76er's want to run and play in transition and Brand is holding them back from doing that. So Amare would be a good fit for them in that regard.

I'd do the deal in a 3-team trade that gets us Brandon Jennings, Evan Turner and an expiring contract.

Our backcourt would be rebuild for the next 10 years with excellent chemistry. Jennings is a scorer/leader and Turner one of the best all-rounders in basketball.

KingofNy

Starter
I don't know what kind of credibility this guy below has, but If we traded Amare it would only be for Evan Turner and future draft picks I would break something. D'Antoni probably wouldn't even play the guy and we'd end up giving him away for nothing like Corey Brewer and Anthony Randolph. smh

Evan Massey @EMasseyReport #Knicks reportedly listened to #Sixers offer for Amare. It involves Evan Turner and picks according to multiple sources.

What's funny is if we trade Amare to the Sixers they would instantly be better than us look at their roster with Stat:

Holiday
Meeks
Iggy
Amare
Hawes
Sixth man: Williams

Thats a contending team because Doug Collins plays team defense iggy and Holiday can easily run the PNR and Hawes is the stretch C that Amare had in Pho. like Frye

NO Way we trade AMARE they are only trading Turner and Brand with picks

iSaYughh

Starter
I'd do the deal in a 3-team trade that gets us Brandon Jennings, Evan Turner and an expiring contract.

Our backcourt would be rebuild for the next 10 years with excellent chemistry. Jennings is a scorer/leader and Turner one of the best all-rounders in basketball.

I'd say it's like 5-1 in favor of us making a major move soon, involving one or both of Amare and Melo, and some combo of Fields/Douglas/Shumpert.

Personally, I don't want to do it though if it involves too much of a roster overhaul, or brings in players with too many ?s surrounding their fit.

We've been through enough of that.

Which is why I'm really on in favor of going after a more simple swap of Melo for DWill, which makes a tremendous amount of sense. And is one where if it was getting consummated, we could shoot for more in return, too, since Deron is going to likely bolt Jersey at the end of the season.

Morrow, even Brooks, should be on the table in any deal involving Melo + _____ for DWill + _______.

I'd prefer that scenario over anything else out there, including Howard situations.