Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sixers want Amare

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    It's just rumours. Why would Sixers want Amare? He's garbage and doesn't play any defence. He would drive coach Collins mad with his lazy play.
    Well their owner just said they want a star player and currently playing bad or Not right now Amare is a star player and more famous than anyone on their whole team. Also the 76er's want to run and play in transition and Brand is holding them back from doing that. So Amare would be a good fit for them in that regard.

the flip for the knicks would be that the trade would likely include brand who comes off either this year (ETO option) or next year (much more likely) for 17 million that could be used to improve the overall roster. Also involved would obviously be some of the 76er's depth and picks.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Well their owner just said they want a star player and currently playing bad or Not right now Amare is a star player and more famous than anyone on their whole team. Also the 76er's want to run and play in transition and Brand is holding them back from doing that. So Amare would be a good fit for them in that regard.
    I'd do the deal in a 3-team trade that gets us Brandon Jennings, Evan Turner and an expiring contract.

Our backcourt would be rebuild for the next 10 years with excellent chemistry. Jennings is a scorer/leader and Turner one of the best all-rounders in basketball.

I don't know what kind of credibility this guy below has, but If we traded Amare it would only be for Evan Turner and future draft picks I would break something. D'Antoni probably wouldn't even play the guy and we'd end up giving him away for nothing like Corey Brewer and Anthony Randolph. smh

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] reportedly listened to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] offer for Amare. It involves Evan Turner and picks according to multiple sources.

What's funny is if we trade Amare to the Sixers they would instantly be better than us look at their roster with Stat:

Holiday
    Meeks
    Iggy
    Amare
    Hawes
    Sixth man: Williams

Thats a contending team because Doug Collins plays team defense iggy and Holiday can easily run the PNR and Hawes is the stretch C that Amare had in Pho. like Frye

NO Way we trade AMARE they are only trading Turner and Brand with picks

Veteran

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I'd do the deal in a 3-team trade that gets us Brandon Jennings, Evan Turner and an expiring contract.

Our backcourt would be rebuild for the next 10 years with excellent chemistry. Jennings is a scorer/leader and Turner one of the best all-rounders in basketball.
    I'd say it's like 5-1 in favor of us making a major move soon, involving one or both of Amare and Melo, and some combo of Fields/Douglas/Shumpert.

Personally, I don't want to do it though if it involves too much of a roster overhaul, or brings in players with too many ?s surrounding their fit.

We've been through enough of that.

Which is why I'm really on in favor of going after a more simple swap of Melo for DWill, which makes a tremendous amount of sense. And is one where if it was getting consummated, we could shoot for more in return, too, since Deron is going to likely bolt Jersey at the end of the season.

Morrow, even Brooks, should be on the table in any deal involving Melo + _____ for DWill + _______.

I'd prefer that scenario over anything else out there, including Howard situations.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I don't know what kind of credibility this guy below has, but If we traded Amare it would only be for Evan Turner and future draft picks I would break something. D'Antoni probably wouldn't even play the guy and we'd end up giving him away for nothing like Corey Brewer and Anthony Randolph. smh

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] reportedly listened to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] offer for Amare. It involves Evan Turner and picks according to multiple sources.
    Hell to the **** naw....

Amare for Evan Turner and picks wtf? That's it? No Meeks or Williams at LEAST?

I know this is kind of messed up but why does Evan Turner sound like he sucked all of the helium out of a balloon? lol

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    those are the kind of deals the knicks can expect to get while their struggling.

I know this is kind of messed up but why does Evan Turner sound like he sucked all of the helium out of a balloon? lol

Chicago measles in '89, breathing problems, throat surgery, oversized baby teeth causing a speech impediment.

Dude had it rough.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Chicago measles in '89, breathing problems, throat surgery, oversized baby teeth causing a speech impediment.

Dude had it rough.
    Damn. I kind of feel like an ******* now!

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by New New York
    It amazes me how guys who showed loyalty to Stephon Marbuary who was basically an extension of Isiah Thomas and all that he stood for on the court and did nothing to turn us to a winner show no patience for Stat!

Stat is playing bad so far, but he has also shown flashes of how good he is, players slump, it happens!

I'm not against a trade that improves our team....yet trading Stat because of a slow start is ignorant

Stat was an All NBA 2nd team player and now Jrue Holliday and Andre Igudola is asking too much for him?

Iggy is too valuable to Philly for what he does for that team on the defensive side of the ball which is why they would not trade him for anyone not named Lebron, but it is not due to him being better than Stat

If Dwight is traded to another team, New Jersey will gladly take Amare for D Will straight up!

So on the subject of trading him to Philly....I would ask for Elton Brand and Jrue Holliday just to get the conversations going
    Mike Antoni has Melo looking like Jello.

I want Antoni and Walsh off the team. Then the Knicks will start winning.

Hell no to Evan Turner.

True story: when he was a freshman at Ohio State he was practicing free throws. Someone threw him a pass in a way he didn't like, he threw a temper tantrum and stormed out of the gym.

He had similar issues as a rookie. He is poison.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Hell no to Evan Turner.

True story: when he was a freshman at Ohio State he was practicing free throws. Someone threw him a pass in a way he didn't like, he threw a temper tantrum and stormed out of the gym.

He had similar issues as a rookie. He is poison.
    yeah that sounds about right for the deals teams would offer right now. A potential headcase, a wash up maxed player, and probably low/mid 20 picks. The worse part is this might lead to Amare playing worse just because of the added stress.

Unless it's for Howard, I don't want STAT traded, and I think bailing on him after last season's effort is WAY too soon, and devoid of loyalty. But that's just my approach.

I want him under the tutelage and game plan of another coach, that's not appeased by fairy-like, perimeter basketball, as his game is coming together now, but he's stranded on his own as a scorer, with little game plan helping his cause.

If we're to trade one of our high salary players, get rid of Melo. Get back as much as we can - not that it's possible in a desperation trade - because out of our Big 3, only one of them whines on the floor, and is satisfied with their misplacement in the team's approach.

Things have been awry since Me-lo arrived, and if someone demands to come in to my house and starts ruining the vibe, I kick them the **** out.