Sixers want Amare

New New York

Quiet Storm
No team wants Amare right now he's playing terrible, about to be 30, and his contract is huge. The most you can hope for is a turn around sometime this year for him

Wall Street Brokers would droll over some of you if you were trading stocks! As soon as the stock would dip for a day or 2 you would try to sell for whatever it is offered to you!!

Look most GM's in this league have been at it long enough to realize the difference between detoriating skills and a player being in a slump!

You're a Laker Fan, Kobe has on several times in his career shot 35% from the feild over 10 or more games (in particular after Shaq was traded) did his trade value dip?

Deron Williams is shooting the lowest FG% of his career, his assist are down and turn overs up....should New Jersey give him away for a couple 2nd rounders?

at 33 years old Dirk is scoring just 17 and is shooting 23.5 from 3, but a team like The Bucks and Bobcats would trade their whole starting 5 for him, your Lakers would give up Gasol or Bynum in a heartbeat for him and Orlando would take him for Dwight!

fender0577

Rotation player
Carmelo Anthony is our best player and you want to trade him, D'Antoni has 2 Al Stars, The 2nd best defensive center who stands at 7'1, an athletic freak of a rookie, one of the best shooters in the league, and solid role players who should be doing better then what they are and you wanna trade Melo......this is bullshit, the guy hasn't played the last 2 games and we still have the same problems yet you still blame him.........thats the bull shit around him I'm talking about
Well said, dudes are still trying to trade 2 career all-stars, SMH.

joegti10

Banned
trade him.

amare-stoudemire.john.shearer.wireimage_display_image.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I would do this deal.

Amare is one of the worst defenders in the game and he and Melo simply cannot play together properly. This will give Melo and TC more room to operate in the paint and be a nice upgrade to probably the worst back court in the league. There's no guarantee that BDavis will be able to come back and play like he can.

With Turner, Shump and Fields off the bench the backcourt will be in much better shape.

Idk if you guys have been watching Amare but he looks like a different player than he did last year. He's much less explosive and he simply cannot rise up over defenders and finish the way he used to. It may be age, the weight he's gained or whatever but this guy is just not the same.

I think we should move him.

If Philly is willing to take him and his uninsured knees then let them..

This is about the team here, not loyalty to one player

Remember this is me saying this, the ultimate Gallo fan. I thought the Melo deal should have gotten done - not for that many players - but it should've happened.

This makes sense for the Knicks on a few levels IMO.

Plus I think Harrelson can start for us.. Dude is a solid, smart two-way talent.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ +1

Also, the freed up cap space would allow us to aggressively and legitimately pursue bringing aboard Deron Williams. Idk if the Nets would trade him this season to us, or if we'd have to wait.

But trading for Turner and picks and cap space could let us free up additional cap room by including them with Amare and getting more picks in return. We could make a real run at OJ Mayo in the off season. Sign a sharp shooter with the 2.5M this season, have Harrelson come back healthy.

DWill
Mayo
Turner
Melo
Chandler

Bench: Shumpert, Fields, Harrleson, Novak.

Amare's defense is too deplorable, and his contract too potentially disastrous (not just his knees, but he is older than many people seem to think). And while he can be one of the most unstoppable inside scorers and offensive bigs in the NBA, he's not a smart or fundamentally sound player.

Just a lot of risk. And you can't deny he just seems different this year -- and not in a "he's just getting ****ed bc of the overall offensive disarray" type of way.

Let's be real, too:

the only reason an NBA team is willing to even take Amare, is because the Sixers are in the perfect spot to take that risk and do so. Arguably, they need to take that risk. I've always thought no team would take Amare, save for if we literally gave him away. So never really thought this would be possible.

edit -- I think we could still excel with Amare. But we'd have much less risk, and an even higher long-term ceiling, by doing this deal.

Last edited:

Wargames

Starter
.^^^^ Idk I thought the deal was a swap of brand for Amare, and the kicker was Turner, and picks (probably two first). Its a robbery deal right now. Amare should give a deal similar to Melo. IE they take balkman, Td, and walker and throw in possibly meeks and Jrue and/or L. Williams.

Look what the knicks paid for Melo. Also realize that its the player not the team being traded. Good players on crappy teams never go cheap unless its a friend hooking up a friend.

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
.^^^^ Idk I thought the deal was a swap of brand for Amare, and the kicker was Turner, and picks (probably two first). Its a robbery deal right now. Amare should give a deal similar to Melo. IE they take balkman, Td, and walker and throw in possibly meeks and Jrue and/or L. Williams.

Look what the knicks paid for Melo. Also realize that its the player not the team being traded. Good players on crappy teams never go cheap unless its a friend hooking up a friend.

Jru Holiday, Evan Turner, Elton Brand, 1st round pick......I would rather have Iquadola or Thaddeus Young but I would get those three players and a pick for Amare.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Carmelo Anthony is our best player and you want to trade him, D'Antoni has 2 Al Stars, The 2nd best defensive center who stands at 7'1, an athletic freak of a rookie, one of the best shooters in the league, and solid role players who should be doing better then what they are and you wanna trade Melo......this is bullshit, the guy hasn't played the last 2 games and we still have the same problems yet you still blame him.........thats the bull shit around him I'm talking about

I said IF! It's quite clearly stated as IF we have to trade a star.

Not only that, it's far more likely that if the Knicks were to trade either of the 2, it'd be Melo. The idea as a whole is very UNlikely.

We know you joined this site because your bottom aches for Carmelo, but don't go on a witch-hunt because some of us don't like what he's done to this franchise through his greed. You can put me right at the top of that list.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;200564 said:
I said IF! It's quite clearly stated as IF we have to trade a star.

Not only that, it's far more likely that if the Knicks were to trade either of the 2, it'd be Melo. The idea as a whole is very UNlikely.

We know you joined this site because your bottom aches for Carmelo, but don't go on a witch-hunt because some of us don't like what he's done to this franchise through his greed. You can put me right at the top of that list.

why the **** would we trade Melo, that makes no sense at all.

And all most of you do is complain around here. I bet you dont even like the Knicks you just wanna complain about them. Are you a member of the media, because most of what you are starting to say is just for you to get a reaction out of people.

Whoever wants to have the old team back is a ****ing idiot. I understand we're losing but the Knicks must be the worst franchise in sports if fans are pleading to get a team that was 2 games over .500 back. You're fcuking kiddin me

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
why the **** would we trade Melo, that makes no sense at all.

And all most of you do is complain around here. I bet you dont even like the Knicks you just wanna complain about them. Are you a member of the media, because most of what you are starting to say is just for you to get a reaction out of people.

Whoever wants to have the old team back is a ****ing idiot. I understand we're losing but the Knicks must be the worst franchise in sports if fans are pleading to get a team that was 2 games over .500 back. You're fcuking kiddin me
Lmao I wouldnt bother with him or anyone else here.

Red

TYPE-A
Fail.

Not a playoff win in 12 years.

****ing with dudes like Marty Collins and Sweetney...

Cleared cap room for a FA bonanza... shit, even suffered horrible seasons with no hope whatsoever watching n*ggas like Duhon and Al Harrington.

Finally, not only did we get Amare, but traded a few scrubs, journey-men and up-coming free agents to land the leagues BEST closer and offensive scoring machine.

One month (20 games) into a lock-out shortened season and its...

TRADE STAT, TRADE MELO?

embarrased.JPG

I'm almost ashamed to be a Knick fan reading this type of shit. I'm sorry but I thought this was a basketball forum.

Some of you really surprise me, truly. I can't even believe some of this shit...

before the coach? STAT and/or MELO before the coach? WOW!

The conditioning is complete. Attach your feeding bib, and strap on your helmet for a shower. Dumbest shit I ever read. N*iggas must be drunk or something. :happydrunks:

Stoudemire, Fields, Walker and Douglas for Igoudala, Meeks, Williams and a Protected 1st Round

Sign Kenyon Martin

G- Baron Davis
G- Andre Igoudala
F- Carmelo Anthony
F- Kenyon Martin
C- Tyson Chandler

G- Lou Williams
G- Iman Shumpert
G- Jodie Meeks
F- Josh Harrellson

do it

Thats tight. Best I have seen in a long time and I typically against trades.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Let me get this right? Most of you guys want to trade Melo or STAT or both?

HUH?

Am I hearing this right?

STAT is a TOP 3 PF in the NBA.

MeLo is a TOP 3 SF in the NBA.

You'd rather trade one or both these guys for WHAT?

Wouldnt you rather try a Coach that has a clue before deciding whether they can be successful together or not?

YOU DONT TRADE PLAYERS OF THIS CALIBER UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.

Wargames

Starter
Jru Holiday, Evan Turner, Elton Brand, 1st round pick......I would rather have Iquadola or Thaddeus Young but I would get those three players and a pick for Amare.

make it 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks..... Also as others have said this isn't even likely going to happen since Amare is a great player but who knows??? The knicks are going through transitions and maybe to Top heavy.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
everyone of this ****ING site needs to ****ing realize that a team will not win without some one to get the players moving instead this team has a rookie shooting guard and and struggling 6th man running the point. trading our best players will get us no where but 10 more years of shit. its like a bugatti without and engine, it may look nice but it aint going no where. after we get that final piece which is point guard we will be a threat you guys are a disgrace to knick fans. In the 1998-99 season they got 2 big new additions to a shortened season just like this years team and also were struggling with injuries to one of their stars and player that wouldve helped them(ewing and spree). They had to create chemistry out of nothing and they pulled through making it to the nba finals. everyone here expects everything to happen instantly well to bad you either stay patient (and dont say "we've been patient for a decade) i meant without trading our team away every year which has been happening for the past ten years lets keep a team and force them to develop chemistry this team is a winner all it needs is time and of course maybe a new coach will help and a decent point guard lol but anyways im a knick fan i dont know about any of you but i stay faithful to our squad i have faith that they will succeed. SO no we are not trading melo NO we are not trading stat. get the **** over it.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Let me get this right? Most of you guys want to trade Melo or STAT or both?

HUH?

Am I hearing this right?

STAT is a TOP 3 PF in the NBA.

MeLo is a TOP 3 SF in the NBA.

You'd rather trade one or both these guys for WHAT?

Wouldnt you rather try a Coach that has a clue before deciding whether they can be successful together or not?

YOU DONT TRADE PLAYERS OF THIS CALIBER UNLESS YOU ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO.
stat top 3 lol right now the top 3 PF's are kevin love, Aldridge, and blake griffin you can even throw dirk in there. Stat lost his consistency and explosiveness sure you can blame it on not having a PG, but i think it's more of him not playing the Center position like he did last year. stat is just tumbling into defenders and getting his shot blocked or turning the ball over if he's not hitting his jumper he is useless. he dont play D, rarely rebounds has no post up moves and basically complains everytime he does not get a foul called, ive seen stat get the ball in his sweet spots and still brick. im sorry thats not top 3 PF material. He was TOP 3 last season when we were the run and gun knicks but now he just looks like a lost puppy.

i do agree melo is top 3 though

why trade amare?

1. his contract is taking a crap on our cap space, id trade him just to get rid of that contract alone

2. we can trade him for some solid pieces maybe. we need a BENCH for start

3. Melo and Stat dont mesh they both thrive off mid range shots from almost the same spots on the floor unless stat magically becomes ray allen from the 3 point line i dont see why we need 2players who almost have the same game. there is no spacing on the floor. i cross my fingers everytime i see stat take a 3.

unless deron williams or steve nash are finding there way to the knicks this year theres no way we will survive this season with our roaster. Banking on baron davis to save us is a long shot especially with this fiesty schedule it'll only be a matter of time before he is reinjured. i say trade stat now while he still has value

i would do this

Kings trade: tyreke evans

Knicks trade: Stat,Td,Fields

why the kings make this trade i have no idea. but they'll get a allstar and they can develop jimmer. evans ballhogs alot that team has no discipline (not saying knicks are any better)

Your new knicks
Evans
Shump
Melo
Martin(hopefully)
Chandler

easily that starting 5 would be a top defensive team in the league. Evans penetration would be a blessing (yes he is a chucker at times but he knows how to get to the bakset and finish and is a great defender)

Bench
Baron (demote him to bench player it'll take a ease of his back and he can keep the game in control)
JR.Smith (hopefully we can sign him.. didn't he say he wonders whats its like to play on broadway)
Walker
Jorts
Jeffries

Now thats a championship Contender