Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The End is Near.

Default WTF is The Daily?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

COACH D’ANTONI TO BE NIXED BY THE KNICKS
    New York Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni (pictured) is a dead man walking. Sources say the team’s owner, Cablevision heir James Dolan, decided to fire D’Antoni last week after the Knicks lost to the mediocre Houston Rockets, their ninth loss in 10 games. “But Dolan wants the least coverage possible, so he’ll do it right before the Super Bowl,” one source told Flash. After expected back-to-back losses to Chicago and Boston, Dolan will pull the trigger the day before the biggest sports event of the year, and replace D’Antoni with Mike Woodson, a favorite of Dolan’s shadow consigliere, Isiah Thomas.

IDK, the source aka "Flash" (Gordon?) also comments on "Glee" romance & Matt Damon chomping on gum...
    WTF? I guess rumors gotta start somewhere.

Guess I have to root for Knicks to lose a couple... gladly...
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Feb 02, 2012 at 13:09. Reason: flash! aah ahhhh

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

COACH D’ANTONI TO BE NIXED BY THE KNICKS
    New York Knicks coach Mike D’Antoni (pictured) is a dead man walking. Sources say the team’s owner, Cablevision heir James Dolan, decided to fire D’Antoni last week after the Knicks lost to the mediocre Houston Rockets, their ninth loss in 10 games. “But Dolan wants the least coverage possible, so he’ll do it right before the Super Bowl,” one source told Flash. After expected back-to-back losses to Chicago and Boston, Dolan will pull the trigger the day before the biggest sports event of the year, and replace D’Antoni with Mike Woodson, a favorite of Dolan’s shadow consigliere, Isiah Thomas.

IDK, the source aka "Flash" (Gordon?) also comments on "Glee" romance & Matt Damon chomping on gum...
    WTF? I guess rumors gotta start somewhere.

Guess I have to root for Knicks to lose a couple... gladly...
    If true, this should have been done before the season started. Everyone and their mother knew MDAs flawed coaching style wouldnt work.

If I was Dolan when I walked into the my first practice and saw Jorts practicing 3 pointers instead of post moves I would have fired MDA on the spot...

I don't know if replacing D'Antoni with Woodson is such a good idea. He's known of his unwatchable isolation offense. Obviously, both Anthony and Stoudemire would be well operating in his system, however from our perspective the Knicks will definately look boring. Of course, I stand for getting rid of D'Antoni as soon as possible, but only if we have a solid replacement. Woodson doesn't guarantee any form of solid and watchable offense and in this situation I'd prefer to let D'Antoni work his contract and hire a proven coach with some knowledge about offense. Besides, remember that Woodson had only two winning seasons with Atlanta, he won't be any improvement as the Knicks head coach.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I don't know if replacing D'Antoni with Woodson is such a good idea. He's known of his unwatchable isolation offense. Obviously, both Anthony and Stoudemire would be well operating in his system, however from our perspective the Knicks will definately look boring. Of course, I stand for getting rid of D'Antoni as soon as possible, but only if we have a solid replacement. Woodson doesn't guarantee any form of solid and watchable offense and in this situation I'd prefer to let D'Antoni work his contract and hire a proven coach with some knowledge about offense. Besides, remember that Woodson had only two winning seasons with Atlanta, he won't be any improvement as the Knicks head coach.
    If the offense and defense are effective and produce wins I dont care if its as boring as watching a bunch of three year olds playing...

Besides, remember that Woodson had only two winning seasons with Atlanta, he won't be any improvement as the Knicks head coach.
    I'm willing to take that chance.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    I'm willing to take that chance.

Okay folks, at least he won't be as clueless and stubborn as D'Antoni.

Woodsons inability to bring Atlanta to a championship with a stacked team did suprise me, kind of reminds of Mike D in Phoenix.

However, like you said, we should all sign up for Mike D to be fired.

I don't care who the coach is. Someone has to be better than Mike D right now.

The team is so excited about winning against the Pistons, the Pistons are now 4-20! they are terrible.

i hope this report is true.

But watch the Knicks beat the Bulls and Celtics and somehow Mike D lingers here.