Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of hearing about Denver

Default Sick of hearing about Denver

When is it gonna get through to you people that we couldn't have kept Gallo AND Chandler?

Did you forget Felton's play after a couple of months?

Did you not know that Felton was traded by Denver?

Did you know Gallanari was inconsistent and he WASN'T a great shooter (if you thought this, you were influenced by D'Antoni who called him the greatest shooter he's ever seen even though he coached Nash).

Tyson Chandler is way better than Mozgov.

Baron Davis is way better than Felton and is better than Billups for this team.

Melo helps Amar'e. Could you imagine Amar'e continuing to be the only guy carrying the team like he did (Felton helped a lot, but not on the level Amar'e did). D'Antoni can't get the current group of guys to play smart, and if Amar'e is being that lazy, then it's making it worse, either way, D'Antoni is terrible. Even though Amar'e needs to be more aggressive and not stand around the three point line, Harrellson was doing that too. This coach wouldn't surprise me if he's constantly telling our PFs to do this. JEFFRIES IS TAKING THREES.

We have the MLE in the off-season. We have Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith wanting to play for us this season. More depth in those two including defense in Martin.

Our problems was not drafting guys such as Jennings. It would not surprise me one bit that Gallo was drafted because of who his godfather is.

About Melo and isos, Melo and Iverson won 50 or so games in one or two seasons, without Birdman and maybe Nene. This is NOT Melo and two guys who need the ball a lot. Give me a break. Melo has his flaws, but he was the one busting his ass for us and got us the few wins we have and tries to get teammates involved. Injuries made him not play the same. Of course, you praised Gallo's game instead. That trade gave us Anthony Carter who was very good on both sides of the floor for us and of course that idiot D'Antoni didn't play him in the Playoffs 'till near the end of the 3rd quarter in game 4 even though he should have started him when Billups was out.

Lastly, at least for this post, f*** off with this "Denver Knicks". We're fans of the NEW YORK KNICKS. Using the Knicks' name with any other place is disrespectful and disgusting. I don't care how bad we're playing. We'll win another championship before those bitches ever win one. If you're gonna support a former Knicks team root for the Warriors and Blazers who have David Lee, Marcus Camby, and Kurt Thomas. Like making Denver look better than they are, stop making Isiah Thomas look better than he was. We have the potential to blow Denver out of the water, Isiah sucked, and D'Antoni sucks.
    Last edited by RunningJumper; Jan 29, 2012 at 22:17.

I agree with everything you said.
    Welcome to the outcasts group of this place lmao.

"Lastly, at least for this post, f*** off with this "Denver Knicks."

I prefer "K N I G G E T S"
    Last edited by CoolClyde; Jan 29, 2012 at 20:48. Reason: the KO censor won't let me type K*****TS

Excellent post RunningJumper, completely agree with all of it.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Davis hasn't played yet.

Chandler is better than Mozgov but Chandler also isn't durable, hasn't played a back to back season with 75+ games since 2007. Would of been nice to keep Mozgov as a back up.

Melo negates Amare. Amare stats went down in all major categories. Knicks got worse as a team, Denver got better. Check the game logs, the proof is in the pudding.

Peep this quote:

A GM tells @KBergCBS that Amare and Carmelo are a bad fit. That's a common view among GMs and scouts I've spoken to.
    Of note: Every scout and GM I've talked to about Knicks' struggles has cited poor roster, Melo/Amare dynamic. None have cited coaching.

speak the truth my friend and metrocard are those the same people who said LeBron and Wade couldn't play together........I'll wait

12th man

Originally Posted by CA7
    speak the truth my friend and metrocard are those the same people who said LeBron and Wade couldn't play together........I'll wait
    LeBron and Wade are top 5 players, play defense and can pass.

Amare and Melo are in the 15-20 range, weak defense and kill ball movement.

Totally different situation.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    LeBron and Wade are top 5 players, play defense and can pass.

Amare and Melo are in the 15-20 range, weak defense and kill ball movement.

Totally different situation.
    no it isn't, 1st off Melo is top 10, STAT is top 15, 2nd off they have the dumbest coach in the NBA. It takes time and the right pieces around them for it work.

Cut the **** like when they start playing well and the team is rollin you wont be proud. If you cant deal with rain dont come out when the sun is shinin

Amar'e doesn't seem to be doing much without Melo either. He seems to be playing EXACTLY the same.

12th man

Originally Posted by CA7
    no it isn't, 1st off Melo is top 10, STAT is top 15, 2nd off they have the dumbest coach in the NBA. It takes time and the right pieces around them for it work.

Cut the **** like when they start playing well and the team is rollin you wont be proud. If you cant deal with rain dont come out when the sun is shinin
    I got alot of guys over Melo...I dont feel like going through it, Melo def isn't top ten all around.

It takes time? Right. Its 20 games into a 66 game season. Don't give me this bull**** on game 40. We acquired these guys to win now, not "take time". We're not the T'Wolves. Acquiring 3 max players in 2-3 years...and you cry time? Really?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    I got alot of guys over Melo...I dont feel like going through it, Melo def isn't top ten all around.

It takes time? Right. Its 20 games into a 66 game season. Don't give me this bull**** on game 40. We acquired these guys to win now, not "take time". We're not the T'Wolves. Acquiring 3 max players in 2-3 years...and you cry time? Really?
    1st off they got a coach who isn't making things easier, so they always collide on the court, get a better coach who can make them work better together.

Honestly I dont see how you can blame Melo its no where near his fault that we are this bad

12th man

The whole point with the Nuggets was that they tried the whole superstar route--it didn't work. It looked like teams were going in the direction of trying to get 2-3 superstars and try to win a championship. That wasn't going to happen in Denver, so they went a different direction.

At this point, Gallo = Melo.

denver who??? we have melo and jr....they have gallo and mosgov. clearly a win for the knicks

12th man

Deadass, I still wouldn't make that deal. It was unnecessary.

Originally Posted by Toons
    denver who??? we have melo and jr....they have gallo and mosgov. clearly a win for the knicks
    Fu(k em