Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Zeke, Woodson, and Grunwald have dinner...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    4

    Question Mark Zeke, Woodson, and Grunwald have dinner...

    Taken from Real GM

    Beginning of the end?
    "Knicks GM Glen Grunwald, assistant coach Mike Woodson and Isiah Thomas—who were teammates at Indiana over 30 years ago—had dinner together, along with some other Knicks employees, at a trendy South Beach restaurant on Thursday, a development sure to raise more questions about the status of coach Mike D’Antoni’s job, the New York Daily News reports.

    The Knicks have lost nine of their last 10 games, including three of four on their just-completed road trip. New York is now just 7-13.

    It’s a widely held notion that Thomas, who was president of the Knicks from Dec. 2003-April 2008, still has the ear of owner James Dolan and is still influential within the organization.

    But, the Daily News writes, D’Antoni is “not in immediate danger of being dismissed as coach. Management appears to be willing to give him a chance to salvage the season with a healthy Baron Davis, who could return for Tuesday’s home game against Detroit.”

    “The interesting thing is that Baron has a reputation as a coach killer. But in this case he could be a coach saver,” one NBA GM told the Daily News.

    SI.com offers a similar report on D'Antoni's status. D'Antoni is "safe for now and the foreseeable future," sources tell this site. Dolan is "remaining patient, and D'Antoni, who is in the final year of his contract, will be given an opportunity to make the most of the Baron Davis experiment that is about to begin."


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    LOL, I went to dinner with 2 of my old classmates from college the other night too!

    They all went to Indiana together, yes I hate....hate the fact that Isiah still has ties to our organization, but there really is not much to read here!

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    173
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by New New York
    LOL, I went to dinner with 2 of my old classmates from college the other night too!

    They all went to Indiana together, yes I hate....hate the fact that Isiah still has ties to our organization, but there really is not much to read here!
    I see your point, but don't you think its a bit suspicious?

  4. #4
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Ewing33Swisher
    I see your point, but don't you think its a bit suspicious?
    In a trendy restaurant? Doesn't sound professional to leave out the coach and have this gathering there. Maybe that's nothing new though.

  5. #5
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    In a trendy restaurant? Doesn't sound professional to leave out the coach and have this gathering there. Maybe that's nothing new though.
    look if Herb Williams (only other coach beside Wooddy who would stay if Dantoni is fired), Melo,Stat and Dolan were in attendence then there could be something to it, but this was more about talking IU memories, now I am certain The Knicks came up, and probably the job Dantoni is doing as well, but far from the focal point.



    Again, I just loathe the ties this man still has to our team....but what are you gonna do!

  6. #6
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It sounds like Dolan is going to keep making excuses on when he's finally going to fire D'Antoni. After Davis comes back I'm sure they'll be another excuse like MDA needs his next trade pieces have time to gel or some bullsh*t. F Dolan.

  7. #7
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Should Isiah ever return to the Knicks as GM....I'll quit on them. Honestly.

    There is a certain border and Dolan crossed it several times, but a comeback of Isiah would be the ultimate doomsday for the Knicks and I wouldn't allow this mofo Dolan to continue fooling us fans.

    I hope it's only a meeting of old friends, I really do.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Unhappy Sad sad sad news

    This have to be the millionth article on why Dantoni keep getting a PASS from being FIRED.
    It's o.k. for the Knicks losses to keep increasing under a no-system headcoach
    Dantoni because....whenever Baron Davis get healthy he will be our Steve Nash savior....
    Well, it isnt as bad or as long as the two "TANKING" seasons with no-system,
    with GM Walsh & media reminding us repeatedly to be patient through these
    two misserable TANKING seasons because we will be getting "Dantoni type of
    Players" annnd Lebron King James with our 2010-Plan.

  9. #9
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    This have to be the millionth article on why Dantoni keep getting a PASS from being FIRED.
    It's o.k. for the Knicks losses to keep increasing under a no-system headcoach
    Dantoni because....whenever Baron Davis get healthy he will be our Steve Nash savior....
    Well, it isnt as bad or as long as the two "TANKING" seasons with no-system,
    with GM Walsh & media reminding us repeatedly to be patient through these
    two misserable TANKING seasons because we will be getting "Dantoni type of
    Players" annnd Lebron King James with our 2010-Plan.
    yeah its crazy the knicks tanked those season just to be a bad team..... Does this crap happen to any other team?

  10. #10
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    On the surface, this doesn't appear to be much, but I'm sure conversation about the team came up and everyone stated their opinions. Opinions I have to think were mostly negative.

    Antoni will get a chance to prove he can win when Davis comes back. He'll probably be given 3 or so games to prove his system can work with this team.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Cool

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Should Isiah ever return to the Knicks as GM....I'll quit on them. Honestly.

    There is a certain border and Dolan crossed it several times, but a comeback of Isiah would be the ultimate doomsday for the Knicks and I wouldn't allow this mofo Dolan to continue fooling us fans.

    I hope it's only a meeting of old friends, I really do.
    The majority of Knicks fans have no facts or reason to bash Isiah Thomas.
    O.K. Kiyaman did put up all kinds of "FIRE Isiah post" all in ESPN forum when
    Isiah traded Mutombo in 2004, and then trade Kurt Thomas in 2005.
    But I had Facts and reasons

    The only reason why I consistently BASHED GM Isiah Thomas from 2004....
    Is because Isiah stepped over the line and was way out of bounds when
    Isiah interrupted headcoach Don Chaney practice by taking Marbury out
    of Don Chaney's scrimage lineup to go to the side basket so G.M Isiah could
    workout privately with Marbury....later for working-out with the rest of the
    Knicks players on the team. Before Marbury came GM Isiah never showed
    any interest at being at the practice or participating in practice.

    This action became a habit with Isiah & Marbury in practice throughout their
    tour with the Knicks. This action lead to a lot of Knicks players to despise
    everything about Isiah Thomas. Here's the important part about this action,
    Knicks commentator "Marv Albert" mention to many Knicks practices are being
    interfered with by the private workout of Isiah & Marbury could be the ruin of
    the Knicks being a team....Marv Albert was FIRED the following week....and
    Walt Frazier sticks to just swishing-dishing

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,930
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    On the surface, this doesn't appear to be much, but I'm sure conversation about the team came up and everyone stated their opinions. Opinions I have to think were mostly negative.

    Antoni will get a chance to prove he can win when Davis comes back. He'll probably be given 3 or so games to prove his system can work with this team.

    Not when NBA commentators will say silly-dum-sh..t like it will take Baron Davis
    more than 10 or 15 games to get comfortable in Dantoni offensive system
    (a system that dont exist).

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    ^^^

    Can't put anything past you, Kiya.

    You've always been an Isiah Thomas apologist, and let your feelings of him spill out now and then.

    But good god

    The only reason you've ever bashed Isiah Thomas is because he took Marbury out of a Chaney scrimmage practice to workout with him privately and show him some stuff?

    And in Isiah's entire history, your biggest beef is because of the Dikembe and Kurt Thomas trades? LOL. It's posts like this, where I couldn't be happier that *you* think *I* am a moron.

    In your style, Kiya, I would say "end this posting", but more appropriate for you after saying that would be:

    END YOUR ACCOUNT!!!!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Once the team falls about 8 games out of the last playoff spot he will be fired.


  15. #15
    Veteran Starks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    1,472
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Like the axe-murderer in 80s horror flicks, the specter of Thomas is always lurking in the shadows.

Similar Threads

  1. Mike Woodson close to joining Knicks staff
    By StEpHoN_mArBuRy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 27, 2011, 03:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •