Results 1 to 15 of 51

Thread: Steph on the Knicks via Twitter

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Steph on the Knicks via Twitter

    -He [Stat] needs a PG that can play pick and roll. Melo is not a DPHONY type of GUY.

    -he [Dantoni] doesn't have a system. Just play is his system. 5 years of hood winking

    -all melo has to do is play and say nothing other then what happened in the game. They [Media] want him and stat to get into it.

    -everyone will see if they keep losing. They media can care less if they win. If they lose its better for the media. More papers

    -its not about wins and loses with Dolan. As long as the popcorn is popping and the beer and seats are selling he's winning.

    -I will stay silent when need be. He came from the West to the east to try to hoodwink the real. Sorry its not working here in NYC!

    -Exactly. He wants the New York Suns. He wishes he was in AZ taking those soft questions after a L In NY you have to explain

    -I knew the real NYK fans would begin to see the real.

    -I never told NY a lie and I won't now




  2. #2
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,006
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Let's try to get Marbury to post here.

  3. #3
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I have my oppinion on Marbury....but everything he's written is true.

    Sometimes I really feel like a fool, I mean we fans care about winning so much, but all our owner wants is money and more money.

    The Knicks are second in merchandising and the second most valuable NBA franchise...financially Dolan has achieved everything he wanted to with the Melo trade. What if it never was about winning?

    It probably never was for him!?

  4. #4
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Hahahaha this is why Starbury is my dude. He says exactly what needs to be said and nothing more. Despite his rough time here I appreciate the fact that he supports the team and genuinely wants to see them do well even though he hates Dolan.

    Soooooo i guess we can now add a former NBA player to the 90% here who agree that Antoni is a phoney and highly overrated coach who made everyone believe in his "system" when it was just the brilliance of Nash.

    He also speaks the truth about Melo. I don't have to be around that team to know that Melo isn't really a fan of Antoni. At the end of last season, Melo and Billups sounded lukewarm on this "system" and coach. The only player to slurp Antoni was Amare (as expected).

    -I will stay silent when need be. He came from the West to the east to try to hoodwink the real. Sorry its not working here in NYC!

    -I knew the real NYK fans would begin to see the real.

    Hahahahaha... real basketball heads can see the bullsh!t before it slaps you in the face.

    Proud to be part of the 90% on KOL! Any Antoni supporters wanna cross over now??


  5. #5
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Hahahaha this is why Starbury is my dude. He says exactly what needs to be said and nothing more. Despite his rough time here I appreciate the fact that he supports the team and genuinely wants to see them do well even though he hates Dolan.

    Soooooo i guess we can now add a former NBA player to the 90% here who agree that Antoni is a phoney and highly overrated coach who made everyone believe in his "system" when it was just the brilliance of Nash.

    He also speaks the truth about Melo. I don't have to be around that team to know that Melo isn't really a fan of Antoni. At the end of last season, Melo and Billups sounded lukewarm on this "system" and coach. The only player to slurp Antoni was Amare (as expected).

    -I will stay silent when need be. He came from the West to the east to try to hoodwink the real. Sorry its not working here in NYC!

    -I knew the real NYK fans would begin to see the real.

    Hahahahaha... real basketball heads can see the bullsh!t before it slaps you in the face.

    Proud to be part of the 90% on KOL! Any Antoni supporters wanna cross over now??


    *Not supporting D'ANtoni*

    But I think he would counter something like this towards Marbury: "What'S your regular season record in New York, playing for Hall of Fame coaches and NBA champions Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown? How many times have you been in the Playoffs and how many Playoff games did you win?"

    What would Marbury say then? I wonder

  6. #6
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    *Not supporting D'ANtoni*

    But I think he would counter something like this towards Marbury: "What'S your regular season record in New York, playing for Hall of Fame coaches and NBA champions Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown? How many times have you been in the Playoffs and how many Playoff games did you win?"

    What would Marbury say then? I wonder
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? One is a player and one is a COACH. Everything Marbury said was right and it wouldn't matter if he was a CBA player or an NBA champion. The point is, everyone recognizes what's going on here with this clueless coach.

    Just because you want to question the career of Marbury. He was great in Minny, went to NJ and carried them on most nights (23pts 8.5Ast), played good here as well (I'm only talking about basketball here). He was and probably still is better than any PG we have on the bench besides Davis.

    The difference between Marbury and Antoni is that Marbury went to other teams and at least continued to put up solid PG stats. Meanwhile, Antoni can't even reproduce what he was generating in PHX despite being labeled "offensive genius".

    Marbury would probably mention things like that.

  7. #7
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    The truth.. the whole truth... and nothing but the truth!

  8. #8
    Member unloopme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Jill Martin's Thong
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I can't disagree with a single point he made.
    It's always bothered me that his time in NY wasn't more successful...can't live in the past though.
    Anyway, thanks Mr. Marbury for saying what many of us feel.

  9. #9
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    He's right. It doesn't a smart man to figure out what's wrong with this team, unless that man is our coach. We should give Lin some playing time, he can't be worse than TD as a point can he?



    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Let's try to get Marbury to post here.
    I would come back to this forum on a daily basis if this happened.

  10. #10
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    If those are direct quotes...

    I have a new found respect for Steph

    Vaseline and all.
    Last edited by Red; Jan 30, 2012 at 17:54. Reason: No homo

  11. #11
    Superstar jzero29's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Staten Island, New York
    Posts
    643
    Rep Power
    8

    Default dare i say it? I totally agree with steph! minus the vasoline eating.

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    -He [Stat] needs a PG that can play pick and roll. Melo is not a DPHONY type of GUY.

    -he [Dantoni] doesn't have a system. Just play is his system. 5 years of hood winking

    -all melo has to do is play and say nothing other then what happened in the game. They [Media] want him and stat to get into it.

    -everyone will see if they keep losing. They media can care less if they win. If they lose its better for the media. More papers

    -its not about wins and loses with Dolan. As long as the popcorn is popping and the beer and seats are selling he's winning.

    -I will stay silent when need be. He came from the West to the east to try to hoodwink the real. Sorry its not working here in NYC!

    -Exactly. He wants the New York Suns. He wishes he was in AZ taking those soft questions after a L In NY you have to explain

    -I knew the real NYK fans would begin to see the real.

    -I never told NY a lie and I won't now
    Frow d'antoni to dolan to the media, Steph is dead on.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 11, 2011, 03:36
  2. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 09:44
  3. Knicks Nightmare
    By Starks_boy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Aug 17, 2009, 08:03
  4. Replies: 219
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 06:35
  5. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 10:06

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •