Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Steph on the Knicks via Twitter

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Default Steph on the Knicks via Twitter

-He [Stat] needs a PG that can play pick and roll. Melo is not a DPHONY type of GUY.

-he [Dantoni] doesn't have a system. Just play is his system. 5 years of hood winking

-all melo has to do is play and say nothing other then what happened in the game. They [Media] want him and stat to get into it.

-everyone will see if they keep losing. They media can care less if they win. If they lose its better for the media. More papers

-its not about wins and loses with Dolan. As long as the popcorn is popping and the beer and seats are selling he's winning.

-I will stay silent when need be. He came from the West to the east to try to hoodwink the real. Sorry its not working here in NYC!

-Exactly. He wants the New York Suns. He wishes he was in AZ taking those soft questions after a L In NY you have to explain

-I knew the real NYK fans would begin to see the real.

-I never told NY a lie and I won't now

Let's try to get Marbury to post here.

I have my oppinion on Marbury....but everything he's written is true.

Sometimes I really feel like a fool, I mean we fans care about winning so much, but all our owner wants is money and more money.

The Knicks are second in merchandising and the second most valuable NBA franchise...financially Dolan has achieved everything he wanted to with the Melo trade. What if it never was about winning?

It probably never was for him!?

Hahahaha this is why Starbury is my dude. He says exactly what needs to be said and nothing more. Despite his rough time here I appreciate the fact that he supports the team and genuinely wants to see them do well even though he hates Dolan.

Soooooo i guess we can now add a former NBA player to the 90% here who agree that Antoni is a phoney and highly overrated coach who made everyone believe in his "system" when it was just the brilliance of Nash.

He also speaks the truth about Melo. I don't have to be around that team to know that Melo isn't really a fan of Antoni. At the end of last season, Melo and Billups sounded lukewarm on this "system" and coach. The only player to slurp Antoni was Amare (as expected).

-I will stay silent when need be. He came from the West to the east to try to hoodwink the real. Sorry its not working here in NYC!

Hahahahaha... real basketball heads can see the bullsh!t before it slaps you in the face.

Proud to be part of the 90% on KOL! Any Antoni supporters wanna cross over now??

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Hahahaha this is why Starbury is my dude. He says exactly what needs to be said and nothing more. Despite his rough time here I appreciate the fact that he supports the team and genuinely wants to see them do well even though he hates Dolan.

Soooooo i guess we can now add a former NBA player to the 90% here who agree that Antoni is a phoney and highly overrated coach who made everyone believe in his "system" when it was just the brilliance of Nash.

He also speaks the truth about Melo. I don't have to be around that team to know that Melo isn't really a fan of Antoni. At the end of last season, Melo and Billups sounded lukewarm on this "system" and coach. The only player to slurp Antoni was Amare (as expected).

Hahahahaha... real basketball heads can see the bullsh!t before it slaps you in the face.

Proud to be part of the 90% on KOL! Any Antoni supporters wanna cross over now??

*Not supporting D'ANtoni*

But I think he would counter something like this towards Marbury: "What'S your regular season record in New York, playing for Hall of Fame coaches and NBA champions Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown? How many times have you been in the Playoffs and how many Playoff games did you win?"

What would Marbury say then? I wonder

The truth.. the whole truth... and nothing but the truth!

I can't disagree with a single point he made.
    It's always bothered me that his time in NY wasn't more successful...can't live in the past though.
    Anyway, thanks Mr. Marbury for saying what many of us feel.

Starbury should be a part of AT & Ts commercial - He was so 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    *Not supporting D'ANtoni*

But I think he would counter something like this towards Marbury: "What'S your regular season record in New York, playing for Hall of Fame coaches and NBA champions Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown? How many times have you been in the Playoffs and how many Playoff games did you win?"

What would Marbury say then? I wonder
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? One is a player and one is a COACH. Everything Marbury said was right and it wouldn't matter if he was a CBA player or an NBA champion. The point is, everyone recognizes what's going on here with this clueless coach.

Just because you want to question the career of Marbury. He was great in Minny, went to NJ and carried them on most nights (23pts 8.5Ast), played good here as well (I'm only talking about basketball here). He was and probably still is better than any PG we have on the bench besides Davis.

The difference between Marbury and Antoni is that Marbury went to other teams and at least continued to put up solid PG stats. Meanwhile, Antoni can't even reproduce what he was generating in PHX despite being labeled "offensive genius".

Marbury would probably mention things like that.

KnicksonLIN.com

The Beijing Ducks are 18-8. Starbury's steamrolling the competition.

Veteran

Never have been a fan of his but he could play the point better than any of the guys we have playing now.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by abcd
    The Beijing Ducks are 18-8. Starbury's steamrolling the competition.
    Nice......vely nice.

Stephon Marbury says what most of us have been saying.......When Marbury's right I think its time for a change

Originally Posted by metrocard
    If those are direct quotes...

I have a new found respect for Steph

Vaseline and all.
    Last edited by Red; Jan 30, 2012 at 17:54. Reason: No homo

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    What the hell does that have to do with anything? One is a player and one is a COACH. Everything Marbury said was right and it wouldn't matter if he was a CBA player or an NBA champion. The point is, everyone recognizes what's going on here with this clueless coach.

Just because you want to question the career of Marbury. He was great in Minny, went to NJ and carried them on most nights (23pts 8.5Ast), played good here as well (I'm only talking about basketball here). He was and probably still is better than any PG we have on the bench besides Davis.

The difference between Marbury and Antoni is that Marbury went to other teams and at least continued to put up solid PG stats. Meanwhile, Antoni can't even reproduce what he was generating in PHX despite being labeled "offensive genius".

Marbury would probably mention things like that.

Every team he's been on improved after he left.....Jason Kidd took basically the same team to the Finals twice.....Phoenix achieved back to back 60+ win seasons and Conference Finals after he left and Nash joined them.....Marbury was a very talented and skilful player, posting great numbers for his career, but he didn't know **** about winning and what it takes to make his teammates better. It was all about "me, me, me" for Marbury.

He made his money here, good for him, but we didn't even make the Playoffs with him, apart from that half season he spent here in 2004. Because of him we lost a HOF coach in Larry Brown, a coach we desperately need right now.

Marbury was great to watch and his boxscore always looked good, but similar to STAT and Melo, he didn't know how to win and how the big picture works.