Steph on the Knicks via Twitter

metrocard

Legend
-He [Stat] needs a PG that can play pick and roll. Melo is not a DPHONY type of GUY.

-he [Dantoni] doesn't have a system. Just play is his system. 5 years of hood winking

-all melo has to do is play and say nothing other then what happened in the game. They [Media] want him and stat to get into it.

-everyone will see if they keep losing. They media can care less if they win. If they lose its better for the media. More papers

-its not about wins and loses with Dolan. As long as the popcorn is popping and the beer and seats are selling he's winning.

-I will stay silent when need be. He came from the West to the east to try to hoodwink the real. Sorry its not working here in NYC!

-Exactly. He wants the New York Suns. He wishes he was in AZ taking those soft questions after a L In NY you have to explain

-I knew the real NYK fans would begin to see the real.

-I never told NY a lie and I won't now

383346_348659745160929_100000507204512_1413808_853546966_n.jpg

I have my oppinion on Marbury....but everything he's written is true.

Sometimes I really feel like a fool, I mean we fans care about winning so much, but all our owner wants is money and more money.

The Knicks are second in merchandising and the second most valuable NBA franchise...financially Dolan has achieved everything he wanted to with the Melo trade. What if it never was about winning?

It probably never was for him!?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Hahahaha this is why Starbury is my dude. He says exactly what needs to be said and nothing more. Despite his rough time here I appreciate the fact that he supports the team and genuinely wants to see them do well even though he hates Dolan.

Soooooo i guess we can now add a former NBA player to the 90% here who agree that Antoni is a phoney and highly overrated coach who made everyone believe in his "system" when it was just the brilliance of Nash.

He also speaks the truth about Melo. I don't have to be around that team to know that Melo isn't really a fan of Antoni. At the end of last season, Melo and Billups sounded lukewarm on this "system" and coach. The only player to slurp Antoni was Amare (as expected).

-I will stay silent when need be. He came from the West to the east to try to hoodwink the real. Sorry its not working here in NYC!

Hahahahaha... real basketball heads can see the bullsh!t before it slaps you in the face.

Proud to be part of the 90% on KOL! Any Antoni supporters wanna cross over now??

:gony:

Hahahaha this is why Starbury is my dude. He says exactly what needs to be said and nothing more. Despite his rough time here I appreciate the fact that he supports the team and genuinely wants to see them do well even though he hates Dolan.

Soooooo i guess we can now add a former NBA player to the 90% here who agree that Antoni is a phoney and highly overrated coach who made everyone believe in his "system" when it was just the brilliance of Nash.

He also speaks the truth about Melo. I don't have to be around that team to know that Melo isn't really a fan of Antoni. At the end of last season, Melo and Billups sounded lukewarm on this "system" and coach. The only player to slurp Antoni was Amare (as expected).

Hahahahaha... real basketball heads can see the bullsh!t before it slaps you in the face.

Proud to be part of the 90% on KOL! Any Antoni supporters wanna cross over now??

:gony:

*Not supporting D'ANtoni*

But I think he would counter something like this towards Marbury: "What'S your regular season record in New York, playing for Hall of Fame coaches and NBA champions Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown? How many times have you been in the Playoffs and how many Playoff games did you win?"

What would Marbury say then? I wonder :smokin:

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I can't disagree with a single point he made.
It's always bothered me that his time in NY wasn't more successful...can't live in the past though.
Anyway, thanks Mr. Marbury for saying what many of us feel.

nyk_nyk

All Star
*Not supporting D'ANtoni*

But I think he would counter something like this towards Marbury: "What'S your regular season record in New York, playing for Hall of Fame coaches and NBA champions Lenny Wilkens and Larry Brown? How many times have you been in the Playoffs and how many Playoff games did you win?"

What would Marbury say then? I wonder :smokin:

What the hell does that have to do with anything? One is a player and one is a COACH. Everything Marbury said was right and it wouldn't matter if he was a CBA player or an NBA champion. The point is, everyone recognizes what's going on here with this clueless coach.

Just because you want to question the career of Marbury. He was great in Minny, went to NJ and carried them on most nights (23pts 8.5Ast), played good here as well (I'm only talking about basketball here). He was and probably still is better than any PG we have on the bench besides Davis.

The difference between Marbury and Antoni is that Marbury went to other teams and at least continued to put up solid PG stats. Meanwhile, Antoni can't even reproduce what he was generating in PHX despite being labeled "offensive genius".

Marbury would probably mention things like that. :smokin:

CA7

Scoring Champ
Stephon Marbury says what most of us have been saying.......When Marbury's right I think its time for a change

What the hell does that have to do with anything? One is a player and one is a COACH. Everything Marbury said was right and it wouldn't matter if he was a CBA player or an NBA champion. The point is, everyone recognizes what's going on here with this clueless coach.

Just because you want to question the career of Marbury. He was great in Minny, went to NJ and carried them on most nights (23pts 8.5Ast), played good here as well (I'm only talking about basketball here). He was and probably still is better than any PG we have on the bench besides Davis.

The difference between Marbury and Antoni is that Marbury went to other teams and at least continued to put up solid PG stats. Meanwhile, Antoni can't even reproduce what he was generating in PHX despite being labeled "offensive genius".

Marbury would probably mention things like that. :smokin:

Every team he's been on improved after he left.....Jason Kidd took basically the same team to the Finals twice.....Phoenix achieved back to back 60+ win seasons and Conference Finals after he left and Nash joined them.....Marbury was a very talented and skilful player, posting great numbers for his career, but he didn't know shit about winning and what it takes to make his teammates better. It was all about "me, me, me" for Marbury.

He made his money here, good for him, but we didn't even make the Playoffs with him, apart from that half season he spent here in 2004. Because of him we lost a HOF coach in Larry Brown, a coach we desperately need right now.

Marbury was great to watch and his boxscore always looked good, but similar to STAT and Melo, he didn't know how to win and how the big picture works.

I still have no respect for steph

as far as I am concerned valid point or invalid point

he marks up an even worse era of basketball here in new york

he completed the trifector of zeke and dolan

and like zeke and dolan still cant keep their mouths shut and hands out of knicks fans faces.

Marbury helped ruin a potential tenure with Larry brown that if people would have listened to the man would of realized his sentiments were exactly ours; the players we had were not championship potential, and things needed to change; Instead dolan and zeke held marburys hand through out and ran larry brown out of town for a swift tax write off from dolans fat hobbit hand.

IT doesnt take a genius to write what marbury wrote

its obvious dantoni had it easier in phoenix

but in truth dantoni won more in phoenix with out marbury than he did with marbury, which is exactly why they had no problem shipping him off to the knicks and moving on with steve nash and co.

Vaseline doesnt taste as bitter as being a reject in NYC does it marbury

hasnt china taught him the valuable lesson of a wise man shuts his mouth and opens his ears ?

Please stop defending a man that was a part of the problem

marbury is for ever etched in the halls of MSG shame along with the likes of

zeke
dolan
dantoni
curry
jerome james
pat riley
anucha brown
and steve francis

fools who sat collecting a pay check with out performing
or whose mouths ran harder than their legs

who cared more about complaining and their egos than the fans of new york city

and like zeke and dolan still cant keep their mouths shut and hands out of knicks fans faces.

Marbury helped ruin a potential tenure with Larry brown that if people would have listened to the man would of realized his sentiments were exactly ours; the players we had were not championship potential, and things needed to change; Instead dolan and zeke held marburys hand through out and ran larry brown out of town for a swift tax write off from dolans fat hobbit hand.

but in truth dantoni won more in phoenix with out marbury than he did with marbury, which is exactly why they had no problem shipping him off to the knicks and moving on with steve nash and co.

hasnt china taught him the valuable lesson of a wise man shuts his mouth and opens his ears ?

zeke
dolan
dantoni
curry
jerome james
pat riley
anucha brown
and steve francis

WORD
my man!

KBlack25

Starter
DontForgetDerekHarper said:

zeke
dolan
dantoni
curry
jerome james
pat riley
anucha brown
and steve francis

Post of the decade

KingCharles34

All Star
hahaha it looks like the Haterburys are beggin to join Team Starbury now...now people see hes not the reason we lost. We got Melo and Stat, and even a real center to go along with them but we're still losing.

Starbury the Greatest Point Guard to ever play the game :gony:

WrongIslander

Rotation player

zeke
dolan
dantoni
curry
jerome james
pat riley
anucha brown
and steve francis

Take note Marbury lovers, this is where your respect should be going and mine certainly is.

Great post.