Would Davis, Smith & Martin help? Remaining Schedule

On the flipside if the Knicks fall to the bottom of the division and decide to fire the coach, do they then decide to tank the season for a top 5 pick? :barf:

...Knicks dont have their first rounder this year bro...Traded it away just like all the others...

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Come on people. Let's be realistic here. It's not all doom-&-gloom. AZU is nothing compared to Davis. HIs injury was much worse, even if he was younger. We were foolish to trade for him. It was understood when we signed BD that he would be out 8-12 weeks. Early reports suggested that he was way ahead of schedule, but as the play deteriorated BD has opted to "take things slowly." He's still on schedule. Probably better off to hold him out until after the ASB. Get him going, and running on a full tank of gas come playoffs.

Baron Davis averaged nearly 13 ppg last year, w/ 7 assists (including 20 & 9 game vs MIA). 15 & 8 the year before that. BD doesn't need to be as good as BD was even 3 years ago (or even as good as BD was last year). All BD needs to do is be better than TD & IS. BD at 50% is a huge upgrade over what we have now.

I suspect we get BD at 75% of what he once was. I anticipate a few performances where he just explodes. He loves the big stage, & I cans ee him becoming a legit threat come playoffs.

He's exacly what the Knicks need. Get the ball out of Carmelo's hand. Let the PG run the show, run p-&-r w/ Amare, or skip it to 'Melo.

Davis-Melo-Amare-Chandler should work well together on offense. The key is to have that PG. Right now, we're an offense w/ an al pro rb, wr, te, OL but have no QB.

Davis wont turn everything, but it will help.

Game is mostly mental. Get the talent on the right page, feeling good, playing team ball, and you'll see things tunr around quickly.

If we're sitting here in a game 7 against MIA in the first round, who will be screaming that we were 33-33?

Toss in JR Smith draining 3s. Kenyon Martin banging boards.

Plz tell me what team has a better top 7?

Then we use Shumpert in a defensive role, check in to see if BW or TD is hot, have Joorts & Jeffries to give fouls.

This guy get's it as bad as thing are for this team it can be turned around...god post

mafra

Legend
Trailed by 4 after 1; 11 at half & by 2 going into the 4th. The Knicks had Sun, Mon & Wed off. Beat up on lowly DET on Tuesday. Home for 5 days.

Meanwhile, CHI played its 4th games in 5 days when the defeated the Knicks:
Sun (@MIA),
Mon (@ WAS),
WED (@ PHI)...

ALL ROAD GAMES. MIA & PHI not easy. Knicks had OFF, OFF & OFF while sitting at home. And they still trail the entire game?

PATHETIC. Oh, yeah... CHI was playing w/out Deng & Hamilton.

Knis are now 4-7 at home & 4-7 on the road. NOt good Knicks could easily lose to BO and NJ, and now we're in full crisis mold

mafra

Legend
Well, the miracle happened huh!

I wrote: "We have 15 games before the All Star break. I'm thinking 10-5 would be a miracle. 8-7 might even be a long shot. At 7-12, could we be looking at the turning point or our we facing the abyss?"

Then returned after we went 1-1 (beating DET, then losing to CHI). We then hit our low point blowing the next game in BOS, & were on the verge of losing to NJ until J-Lin came in & got his opportunity... And away we went.

Think about it. Without Lin our season might be over. We were 8-15, and our 2 Big stars were about to disappear for 10 games. We easily go 5-10 w/out Lin. Instead, we get a miracle, & Jeremy saves our season. Instead of 13-25, the Knicks emerge from the All-Star break 17-18. After beating CLE, we're suddenly at .500 again.

18-18.

What we have to consider: Not only did a PG miracle happen, as Mike D'antoni created one somehow on XBOX and breathed life into him... Without J-Lin, we might not have seen the emergence of Steve Novak. Because of J-Lin, the Knicks now possess one of NBA's hottest snipers (& ideal spot-up shooters). Because of Lin, we're able to recruit JR Smith. I mean, if we're 15-25, you think JR Smith signs here? maybe not.

I realize a brutal 4 game road trip begins tomorrow in BOS. The rest of March is going to be brutal as well. But, this Knick team going to BOS is much different than the team that played there less than 20 games ago.

Think about it.

We have a legit PG now. Doesn't have to be a top-5 floor general. Just being better than T-Douglas is a nice start. After watching B-Davis dishing the ball last game, we can dream again, no? We now have the perfect PG 2-headed dragon. Lin-Davis could even play together when we're looking for offense & to shake things up.

We know have one of NBA's best 6th men in JR Smith. He's staying inbetween the lines, & playing hard on both ends. With Fields, Smith & Shumpert we have SG covered. We have offense, defense, rebounding, scoring, & whatnot. We now have 5 legit guards we can rotate. With Smith, we also now can use Fields to back-up melo at SF.

With Novak we have instant offense & the 3-point threat D'anotni's offense needs. He's big and he can shoot. He deserves 15-20 minutes a night. RIDE HIM.

We have Jared Jeffries who plays solid team defense. Takes the charge. A nice sub at PF/C.

We have one of the deepest teams in NBA right now. We can play many different styles of bball. On any given night, we can beat you with multiple looks.

This rotation is 10 deep. people are playing team ball. All for 1.

Mike D'antoni, Carmelo & Amar'e are out of excuses. They have a PG/C. They have a bench & role players. Everything is in place. If we fail it'll be b/c our studs come up small.

Do we have enough time to gel, and get things going?

I do know this: This team mirrors what the Mavs were last season. The only difference is D'anotni (offense) vs Carlisle (defense).