Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Beefing about acquiring STAT & Melo? Read this 1st.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Exclamation Beefing about acquiring STAT & Melo? Read this 1st.

    Copied from another Knick forum. I love this post... puts everything in perspective. Enjoy!

    I honestly can't handle NYK Fan continuing to rant about the Melo trade.

    We got Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter, Chauncey Billups, and Corey Brewer from that trade.

    We turned Billups into Tyson Chandler.

    So your trade is Ray Felton, Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, Anthony Randolph, Eddy Curry for Carmelo Anthony, Tyson Chandler, Shelden Williams, Corey Brewer, and Anthony Carter.*

    Is it Melo's fault that Brewer, Shelden, and Carter aren't here? Shelden and Carter are both on minimum contracts.*

    Do you realize that Anthony Randolph, Keleena Azabuike, and Ronny Turiaf and a 2nd round pick were the components of the David Lee trade? Considering that Azabuike has no knees and Turiaf is the worst rebounding center in the league, AR was definitely the highlight of that trade... But due to D'antoni's doghouse, what value did we eventually get out of him? Corey Brewer.... who we immediately waved. From "the key part of a trade for a 20/10 guy" to COREY BREWER fodder.*

    Did we really lose Marbury for absolutely nothing? We couldn't have given him some burn and at least gotten a draft pick out of him?

    Then there was the whole "let Mozgov rot on the bench after giving him 3 mil a season" thing, and the "let's get Jordan Hill because Brandon Jennings has an attitude problem and Ty Lawson isn't a forward".


    This roster is NOT Glen's fault, it's NOT Melo's fault, and it's not even Dolan's fault. This is the house that D'antoni/Walsh built.

    Anthony Randolph had NO trade value because he wasn't being played.

    Mozgov had NO trade value to anyone besides Knicks fans because he was used so sparingly and spent so much time on the bench that "he must suck because he's a 7 footer getting 14 minutes a game on a team whose only other option at center is 6'9 RONNY TURIAF!".

    I also don't know how people forget that Billups was verbally promised his option getting picked up after the trade went through. We talked about all summer long how we were stuck with his contract because Walsh/Dolan told him they would pick it up and didn't want to reneg. You can't get FAs to come if you disrespect veterans, especially after the way the CBA talks went. (In hindsight we shouldn't have picked it up, because he was a douche about the whole amnesty thing).*

    And if we had Chauncey instead of Chandler, maybe we'd win more games right now, but it wouldn't mean anything because we'd be doomed the first time games started counting and we needed post defense beyond amare looking at people funny through his gucci glasses.*

    The ONLY players that D'antoni built up were Lee, Felton, Gallinari, and Al Harrington. There are so many guys that we got absolutely nothing from and then got absolutely nothing for.*

    If Melo comes in the offseason, we've got Felton and Gallinari instead of Tyson Chandler, and they'll both be on their way out the door at the end of the season in hopes of Chris Paul coming for a paycut. Right.*

    If Melo doesn't come at all, we've got Felton and Gallinari instead of Melo and Chandler, and they'll both be on their way out the door at the end of the season in hopes of getting a center and Deron/Paul. The only center better than the one we got in the offseason is Dwight, who probably won't come to NY because he's mentally soft.*


    I'm not a Dolan fan by any stretch, but this **** isn't his fault.
    My how quickly we forget. How short our memories become when just a few months ago we had no basketball; just prior we had NO IDEA of what the new CBA would entail let alone just when we would begin playing again.

    For all those second guessing our moves, please read and then stfu.

    All the talent in the world, recent past and present, was and is compromised under M.O.A.

    Let's call a spade a spade.

  2. #2
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Thank you Red but please no this will not shut up 95% of the guys on here. I mean these are the same guys wanting Melo to change his style so Landry Fields can average 11 and 7 again...........what?!

  3. #3
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Thank you Red but please no this will not shut up 95% of the guys on here. I mean these are the same guys wanting Melo to change his style so Landry Fields can average 11 and 7 again...........what?!
    me being part of the 5% that wants the guys we have now to make it work
    i am thankful to share the same feelings with other people i didnt know this site was called nbatradesonline.com

  4. #4
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Perspective

    The post from the other forum does not put the Melo matter into fair perspective. Red, you should know better. CA7, however, is hopeless but I certainly wish him to be prophetic.

    If we assume no Melo trade, Curry comes off the books. We also would not have had Balkman's $1.6M contract. We would have no need to use Billups' inflated contract to get Tyson. Wilson Chandler would have been a restricted free agent. Perhaps we could not have kept him, but with a sign and trade we could have gotten something. Minnesota liked Randolph. Perhaps a pick from them for Randolph. What about our 2014 pick? And what about the fact that now with Melo, Amare' and Tyson we have committed contracts to them of $50M this year and $53M, $57.3M and $61.5M for the following three years respectively. We will have no cap space for free agents other than mid level exceptions and,other than our big three and perhaps Shumpert, Fields, Harrelson and Douglas, we have no trade assets going forward.

    What is done is done. this is the team we have and, with a few relatively minor adjustments, are likely to have for at least three more years. Melo can be magnificent. I am far more concerned about Amare'. I am waiting for the kind of play we should be getting from our front court. Baron will help.

  5. #5
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    The post from the other forum does not put the Melo matter into fair perspective. Red, you should know better. CA7, however, is hopeless but I certainly wish him to be prophetic.

    If we assume no Melo trade, Curry comes off the books. We also would not have had Balkman's $1.6M contract. We would have no need to use Billups' inflated contract to get Tyson. Wilson Chandler would have been a restricted free agent. Perhaps we could not have kept him, but with a sign and trade we could have gotten something. Minnesota liked Randolph. Perhaps a pick from them for Randolph. What about our 2014 pick? And what about the fact that now with Melo, Amare' and Tyson we have committed contracts to them of $50M this year and $53M, $57.3M and $61.5M for the following three years respectively. We will have no cap space for free agents other than mid level exceptions and,other than our big three and perhaps Shumpert, Fields, Harrelson and Douglas, we have no trade assets going forward.

    What is done is done. this is the team we have and, with a few relatively minor adjustments, are likely to have for at least three more years. Melo can be magnificent. I am far more concerned about Amare'. I am waiting for the kind of play we should be getting from our front court. Baron will help.
    Can't argue w any of this. And Red does know better, but he has his agenda right now.

  6. #6
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oldtimer
    The post from the other forum does not put the Melo matter into fair perspective. Red, you should know better. CA7, however, is hopeless but I certainly wish him to be prophetic.

    If we assume no Melo trade, Curry comes off the books. We also would not have had Balkman's $1.6M contract. We would have no need to use Billups' inflated contract to get Tyson. Wilson Chandler would have been a restricted free agent. Perhaps we could not have kept him, but with a sign and trade we could have gotten something. Minnesota liked Randolph. Perhaps a pick from them for Randolph. What about our 2014 pick? And what about the fact that now with Melo, Amare' and Tyson we have committed contracts to them of $50M this year and $53M, $57.3M and $61.5M for the following three years respectively. We will have no cap space for free agents other than mid level exceptions and,other than our big three and perhaps Shumpert, Fields, Harrelson and Douglas, we have no trade assets going forward.



    What is done is done. this is the team we have and, with a few relatively minor adjustments, are likely to have for at least three more years. Melo can be magnificent. I am far more concerned about Amare'. I am waiting for the kind of play we should be getting from our front court. Baron will help.
    OT I see your point but there are dynamics not considered that only became apparent after the CBA (edit).


    We have to recall our plan. Recall the decision to hire Mike D was to lure stars, LBJ in particular.

    Our priority list was:

    1. LBJ
    2. D Wade
    3. Bosh
    4. Joe Johnson
    5a. STAT
    5b. Boozer

    All our talk was who was the best combo, as if we had the pick of the liter. It wasn't until later that MIA joined making it Us, CHI, NJ, & MIA and that list was predicated on ATL not offering Johnson the max.

    We predisposed combos of James & Bosh, Or Wade & STAT... lightly debating where our priorities should be exactly; Big 1st or Shooter then a Big. We agreed the consensus was start with the best LBJ & Wade then work from there.

    When the decision came down, we lost out on our top 4 choices upping the demand to make a move. And we didn't know the CBA.

    Now here is the crux.

    Once MIA suddenly cleared cap space and got a real chance @ their own big three, we knew there were only 2 viable bigs left, STAT & Boozer. We debated which one of them.

    We concluded with STAT being familiar with Mike D coupled with the fact that LBJ wanted STAT in CLE over Jamison, that he would help lure LBJ to NY. The mistake being LBJ never really wanted NY and we didn't see thru that. It was a good strategy on his part.

    If he puts he wants NY into Isaiah and Dolan's ear, we will move accordingly, while LBJ knew he already had a big three coming. We believed him and thus moved quickly on STAT as I said to help lure LBJ, and to keep him from CHI and teaming with Rose.

    But that was a result of mistakenly believing in Mike D, and not reading the tea leaves correctly.

    The real crux, is the fact that every team with multiple stars MUST HAVE SOME YOUNG OR OLD CHEAP PLAYERS TO compliment such as a Rondo where he far exceeded his pay at the time.

    We had many many many chances to acquire these ancillary or complimentary parts, and had false hope because we believed Mike could "coach'em up". But he couldn't. And he had no real pull in the LBJ sweepstakes.

    Drafting

    Gallo, Hill, TD were all on the assumption that Mike D could make one of them a star such as Nash or STAT. But Mike D couldn't. Once we figured that out, and once we signed STAT leaving us with potentially another max to afford...

    once we lost out on Williams... we had to explore options to spend that money we so desperately planed to use, especially since MIA was stacked, and it would be another couple years to wait. We no longer wanted to wait, nor put our hopes into a probability.

    It was sheer luck that we were able to make the trade we did for Melo or the pie would be on our face. But just like we mistakenly assumed Mike D would a) coach up a cheap compliment by now b) lure the best stars c) make players more tradable ... and were wrong,

    we now see we were wrong in thinking at the least Mike D could use his so-called system to compete with two scoring stars. The mistake isn't STAT and Melo, especially given that some were free-agents to be, unproven, or fodder...

    the mistake was believing and paying $6mil to a western conference coach and believing in what he could do.

    F*ck the game and strategy, Mike D has really failed in delivering what we really got him for. Building Rookies, Bringing in LBJ, making players better.

    He has failed. We shouldn't continue to pay for failure- the lasting results of which are all too apparent. All the big men we jettisoned, the draft picks we squandered, the choices he made to DNP and such; Mike D is mostly responsible for this... only way to remedy that is to upgrade and rid ourselves of him, ASAP.
    Last edited by Red; Jan 31, 2012 at 21:08.

  7. #7
    Newbie K.R.U.L.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    OT I see your point but there are dynamics not considered that only became apparent after the CWA.


    We have to recall our plan. Recall the decision to hire Mike D was to lure stars, LBJ in particular.

    Our priority list was:

    1. LBJ
    2. D Wade
    3. Bosh
    4. Joe Johnson
    5a. STAT
    5b. Boozer

    All our talk was who was the best combo, as if we had the pick of the liter. It wasn't until later that MIA joined making it Us, CHI, NJ, & MIA and that list was predicated on ATL not offering Johnson the max.

    We predisposed combos of James & Bosh, Or Wade & STAT... lightly debating where our priorities should be exactly; Big 1st or Shooter then a Big. We agreed the consensus was start with the best LBJ & Wade then work from there.

    When the decision came down, we lost out on our top 4 choices upping the demand to make a move. And we didn't know the CBA.

    Now here is the crux.

    Once MIA suddenly cleared cap space and got a real chance @ their own big three, we knew there were only 2 viable bigs left, STAT & Boozer. We debated which one of them.

    We concluded with STAT being familiar with Mike D coupled with the fact that LBJ wanted STAT in CLE over Jamison, that he would help lure LBJ to NY. The mistake being LBJ never really wanted NY and we didn't see thru that. It was a good strategy on his part.

    If he puts he wants NY into Isaiah and Dolan's ear, we will move accordingly, while LBJ knew he already had a big three coming. We believed him and thus moved quickly on STAT as I said to help lure LBJ, and to keep him from CHI and teaming with Rose.

    But that was a result of mistakenly believing in Mike D, and not reading the tea leaves correctly.

    The real crux, is the fact that every team with multiple stars MUST HAVE SOME YOUNG OR OLD CHEAP PLAYERS TO compliment such as a Rondo where he far exceeded his pay at the time.

    We had many many many chances to acquire these ancillary or complimentary parts, and had false hope because we believed Mike could "coach'em up". But he couldn't. And he had no real pull in the LBJ sweepstakes.

    Drafting

    Gallo, Hill, TD were all on the assumption that Mike D could make one of them a star such as Nash or STAT. But Mike D couldn't. Once we figured that out, and once we signed STAT leaving us with potentially another max to afford...

    once we lost out on Williams... we had to explore options to spend that money we so desperately planed to use, especially since MIA was stacked, and it would be another couple years to wait. We no longer wanted to wait, nor put our hopes into a probability.

    It was sheer luck that we were able to make the trade we did for Melo or the pie would be on our face. But just like we mistakenly assumed Mike D would a) coach up a cheap compliment by now b) lure the best stars c) make players more tradable ... and were wrong,

    we now see we were wrong in thinking at the least Mike D could use his so-called system to compete with two scoring stars. The mistake isn't STAT and Melo, especially given that some were free-agents to be, unproven, or fodder...

    the mistake was believing and paying $6mil to a western conference coach and believing in what he could do.

    F*ck the game and strategy, Mike D has really failed in delivering what we really got him for. Building Rookies, Bringing in LBJ, making players better.

    He has failed. We shouldn't continue to pay for failure- the lasting results of which are all too apparent. All the big men we jettisoned, the draft picks we squandered, the choices he made to DNP and such; Mike D is mostly responsible for this... only way to remedy that is to upgrade and rid ourselves of him, ASAP.


    I agree with this beautiful post lol.

    The one piece I co-sign the most, which is also the last part of your argument, is we brought in Pringles to lure in LBJ & other stars along with making players better seeing how his system advertised:

    "Point Guards! High Octane Action! Fastbreak Oohs & Ahh's! Welcome to the D'Antoni Show!!!!"

    But we all saw how untrue that was...People really forget that when Walsh hired Mike it was considered a splashy signing & assumed Lebron would love to play in this system seeing how it would benefit his style of play greatly in fastbreaks.

    Wake up y'all.

  8. #8
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Thank you Red but please no this will not shut up 95% of the guys on here. I mean these are the same guys wanting Melo to change his style so Landry Fields can average 11 and 7 again...........what?!
    + 1

  9. #9
    replier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I put trade idea to see how we can get better and you guys have rant

    this supposed to be better? lol

    who cares it happen, we should be thinking what our next moves is not dwelling on what other think on our past. Youw ant something to talk about beside a trade, you just can't enough thread talking fire MDA, until it happens. Melo should just stfu about sticking up for coach. Chandler is the man! He should be sol captain

    I willing to toss both stat & melo for complete change over and make this Chandler team. who signed for much better contract than the other poser stars. neither Melo nor stat plus minus is in high regards. You want judge the quality of star and how he improves his team. look at plus minus. If Knicks loose to Detriot home I will demand these 2 clowns be traded.

    Stat Balkman for Garnett

    Knicks get D-will Morrow Nets get Melo Douglas

    sign Rasheed Wallace to backup play center, for get K-mart this team neeeds a player available now. If K-mart wants to play here for in March for 2 remaining months for 1.4 mil, I am ok with that. Once D-Will commits in not resigning landing Melo will become Brooklyn biggiest priority.

    after we win this year we than resign sign Wilson Chandler big contract that Denver won't match resign K-mart Garnett Wallace BD 1yr 5 mil

    Playoff Roster freakin nasty
    D-will Morrow Walker Garnett Chandler
    BD Shumpert Fields K-mart Wallace
    Jeffries Lin IR Jordan

    after we win this year we than resign sign Wilson Chandler big contract that Denver won't match resign K-mart Garnett Wallace BD 1yr 5 mil. Don't think want to resign Howard, soft in character and Howard is jokester, classless B!tch on how he tell the media every game he would consider playing with a apposing player. We get you don't want play in Orlando. He making his value go down. Why would Kobe or D-will want to play with somebody like that. He is better off going back home to Atlanta for Harford Hinrich Marv-Will. Harford is from Florida. now he 2 allstar to play with.

    Teague Johnson Turk Smith Howard
    Pargo Green T-Mac Radman Pachulia

  10. #10
    Member Number3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    right across the river...Jersey
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Shizzee? really? why waste your time with trade talks... thats all you do

Similar Threads

  1. Carmelo AndNoD is a Fraud.
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: Dec 28, 2010, 20:06
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Dec 15, 2010, 10:29
  3. The Key to the Car...melo that is
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Oct 22, 2010, 12:48
  4. Replies: 44
    Last Post: Aug 30, 2010, 19:28
  5. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Aug 14, 2010, 13:00

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •