Game Thread- Tue 31 vs Detroit 7:30pm MSG

CA7

Scoring Champ
In the city of New York, basketball is a day to day thing, one day we suck and we should rebuild, the next day they're singing our praises

CA7

Scoring Champ
As long as Jeffries and Douglas keep getting 20+ minutes our team will NEVER be a contender whether we have an All-star PG or not. Fire D'umbtoni. You see him working the refs again tonight after we were up by 30? Where's that when we're getting blasted by the refs and losing the game? Just wondering?

lmao :teeth: he does that every time we're winning

KingofNy

Starter
exactly. Lin isn't the greatest player in the world, his game is incredibly basic, but thats ALL WE NEED. We just need someone who can just be a pointguard.. THATS IT. There is a reason we lead the league in turn overs because we don't command the ball, because douglas isn't a pointguard and has the worst court vision in nba history, and Shumpert will very athletic is still very raw and a bit careless.

Honestly I think if it was up to me, Id have Lin be the starter, start shumpert at shooting guard, have bibby be the backup PG, walker be the backup SG, and have fields come on for melo. I think that would be the best rotation.

Also maybe instead of friggin jefferies, have Novak come off for Amar'e.. HE HITS EVERY 3 HE TAKES.. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

Spot on! This team needs a real PG BAD. Douglas dribbles around the court staring at the ball the entire time and NEVER looks to pass to the cutter. In the last 10 games, he MADE 1 good pass to a cutter. Lin had 3 in 6 minutes.

I hate D'Antoni because I know his first guys off the bench against the Bulls will be Jeffries and Douglas and our early lead will EVAPORATE like always. Jeffries was only +7 tonight on the +/-, worse out of every player that got 20+ mins. His defense sucks now, he's slow and turns the ball over more than he does anything positive. The only thing Jeffries is good at is drawing charges and destroying our offense.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Yup... And it's always over an obvious foul against us. When we're getting screwed he sits there and takes it like Whoopie did after the game tonight.

:teeth: Clyde and Whoopie "fcuking and sucking", "beating and eating", "throwin it back and makin it clap"

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I've been saying that since Jeffries came back. I think Jordan/Balkman/Novak combo should play instead of Jeffries. Lin is our best PG that's not hurt.
No question about it. How can those 3 not see more minutes? 'Antoni frustrates me like no other...what a dumbshit.

iJoe

Rotation player
I see Lin's upside to be similar to Jose Calderon. Not very athletic and highlight reel material, but smart and fundamental. Even if he gets close, I'm damn happy to get such a good bargain without even having to draft him.

Thing I'm most happy about this game? Melo not jacking up 25+ shots and us getting some assists. ANY team in the league can look horrible or awesome if you just play highlight reels. Numbers don't lie and our defensive rank is actually not bad. We just don't have any playmakers besides Anthony to have an easy offense.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
novak is undeniably our best 3 point shooter and i know how alot of you would like to see him play more but what else is he really good for? and in the time he does play he takes alot of bad 3s instead of moving the ball once he grabs it he throws it and sometimes,yes, he will make it in but id rather him play smart and take better looking threes rather then catch and shoot

pakopako

Benchwarmer
In the city of New York, basketball is a day to day thing, one day we suck and we should rebuild, the next day they're singing our praises

There is never a middle-ground is there?
The team still needs retooling though. Most games, Balkman, Lin, and Novak wouldn't even come off the bench. And it's not like the Pistons (how long as Gordon been injured?) are a big threat.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The team still needs retooling though. Most games, Balkman, Lin, and Novak wouldn't even come off the bench. And it's not like the Pistons (how long as Gordon been injured?) are a big threat.

never middle ground no moral victories, the Bulls lost to the Heat and their media and fan base understand how the game works, we lost to the Heat and need to blow our team up.

Derrick Rose shot 11-28 against Miami and missed crucial free throws, a game winner and didn't pass it to an open Rip Hamilton but was praised for his play

Carmelo Anthony shot 10-30 against Denver, hit the game tying shot to force over time, and made solid plays down the stretch and missed an open Douglas due to a bad angle to see him being open yet was criticized

Thats how it works in New York

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
LOL, if Carmelo wouldn't shoot so many contested shots while double or even triple teamed we'd win that game (against Denver) without going into overtime. But, last night he played much better, didn't stop the ball that much, looked for his teammates and tried to shoot only while open or not really contested + made some nice drives to the basket. Good game by Carmelo.
Fields looked great, 18 points (7 of 10) + 5 rebounds, 3 assists and 5 steals.
Amare very poor rebounding (only 4 boards) and he should definately work on his jumper...
Chandler great as always and the rest very solid.

edit: Lin again 4 dishes within 6 minutes, added 4 points, a steal and a rebound... this kid played better in his short playing time than Douglas in more than 20 minutes...

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
But not against their garbage players. Besides, how do we know how Lin would play in normal conditions if MDA doesn't play him except of garbage minutes?

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
@dzwonsson thats nyc for you.

WTF happened to mike dantoni? we ran plays, and shot over 60%. amazing how that works. the 3s were in the flow of the offense (except that one by melo...idk what the hell he was thinking).

but i saw something else i liked. tyson posting up. the result wasnt good but he drew a double...that could easily be converted into automatic points for anyone else on the floor.

fields' play has been night and day. he looked terrified of wade but last night he was penetrating and shooting with confidence. maybe hes got some screws loose or something, but whatever is going on in his life needs to continue.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Nets vs Detroit tonight....
u pick the winner?

Coach Avery Johnson or Super-Bum Coach Frank Lawrence?

Mike Dantoni & Frank Lawrence are in the same class...

CoolClyde

The Nets vs Detroit tonight....
u pick the winner?

Coach Avery Johnson or Super-Bum Coach Frank Lawrence?

Mike Dantoni & Frank Lawrence are in the same class...

have to go with Nyets, at least they have true PG's to run rampant
over lowly Pissed-Ons, who are on tail end of 3 games/3 nights.

Agreed Coach Macaroni and Babyface Lawrence are in same class,
both had HOF PG's running team last time they had any success.

nyets_blueprint.jpg

Kiyaman

Legend

The Knicks dont need retooling, the Knicks need for Melo, Stat, and Tyson
Chandler to co-exist in offense and defense....the best PG in the NBA cant
make those three players co-exist....that is the Headcoach job.
:2cents:
The Knicks second-unit line-up to start this tight-game season shouldve been:
C-Jordan
PF-Jorts
SF-Balkman
SG-Shump
PG-Bibby
We had no training-camp and no summer work-out facility....our Starters
needed "GELLIN" playingtime in practice vs the 2nd-unit, and the 2nd-unit
lineup needed playingtime in games to build confidence to co-exist.
:thumbsup:
Reserve players JJ, Walker, Novak, Lin are players u give playingtime to in the
2nd half of the game.

CA7

Scoring Champ
novak is undeniably our best 3 point shooter and i know how alot of you would like to see him play more but what else is he really good for? and in the time he does play he takes alot of bad 3s instead of moving the ball once he grabs it he throws it and sometimes,yes, he will make it in but id rather him play smart and take better looking threes rather then catch and shoot

I mean Kyle Korver doesn't do much other than shoot and he plays a lot for Chicago, Novak doesn't need 15-20 minutes but playing 7-10 would be great for him. He should play when Melo sits to start the 2nd and 4th quarters. STAT at the 5 with Novak at the 4