[NYPost] STARKS GETS FRONT OFFICE POST

rady

Administrator
Staff member
John Starks, arguably more popular among Knick fans than Patrick Ewing, is back with the Knicks, joining their front office, according to sources.

The announcement has not been made, but The Post has learned Starks will replace the departed Willis Reed as the club's goodwill ambassador. He has not been given a title, but Starks will work mostly in community relations and will have an expanded role on MSG Network's telecasts. Last year, Starks did some halftime studio work for MSG.

Starks is very much into coaching. When he made an appearance at the Knicks summer kids basketball camp in July, he spent a half-hour teaching technical shooting drills.

http://www.nypost.com/sports/knicks/29421.htm

Welcome back John! :)

starks was awsome he was one of my favorite players of all time and i liked him more the ewing but i dont no i think others would take ewing since he was amazing

newmove

Rotation player
I dunno how good will he be with his office job but I'm so glad to hear he's back where he supposed to be - in New York! With his team!
Welcome back J!

newmove

Rotation player
Mike, you better not show that replay to your kids 'cuz they might turn theemselves to become Knicks' fans instead of their daddy fans... oops they've already seen that vid, and you kno what? they are Knicks' fans already! :lol: