Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 346

Thread: LA2NY Gameday Thread: Bulls Vs. Knicks 2-2-12

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    6

    Default LA2NY Gameday Thread: Bulls Vs. Knicks 2-2-12

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Whats Up People, I know there has been happier times but WTF Ever. Still a big game, still need a win. So Lets get it!!



    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Game Preview

    via ESPN--Sparked by Carmelo Anthony's return, the New York Knicks posted their most efficient offensive display in almost seven years their last time out.

    While their opponent in that game left much to be desired, the Knicks know they'll be tested as they begin their only back-to-back-to-back stretch of the season Thursday night against the Eastern Conference-leading Chicago Bulls, who are trying to avoid losing two in a row for the first time in nearly a year.

    After dropping nine of 10, New York (8-13) regrouped in impressive fashion with a 113-86 rout of woeful Detroit on Tuesday. Anthony, who sat out the previous two games with ankle, wrist and thumb injuries, led the way with 25 points as the Knicks shot 60.0 percent.

    "A lot of that is Melo," coach Mike D'Antoni said. "You could see he was well, he looked good and we play a lot off him and he draws a lot of attention, makes it easy for everybody else, kind of puts everybody else back in their roles that they do."

    While New York was in high spirits after blowing out the Pistons, things are about to get much more difficult thanks to a grueling slate of games -- starting with the Bulls (18-6).

    "Chicago's a great test for us ... they play great defense, they execute," center Tyson Chandler said. "Coming off a good win (Tuesday), if we play the same way and lock in defensively, I like our chances."

    Sitting 7 1/2 games behind Atlantic Division-leading Philadelphia, the Knicks visit Boston on Friday before hosting New Jersey on Saturday.

    "I think (this stretch) is a great mental challenge for us and I like right where it's coming at and the teams that we're gonna be going up against," Chandler added. "It's an opportunity for this team to turn things around and make a leap."

    New York could be hard-pressed to build on its latest effort as Chicago is surrendering 87.9 points per game to rank third in the league. The Bulls, though, couldn't slow down the 76ers on Wednesday and suffered their third loss in five games, 98-82.

    "Our defense wasn't good. I thought our reaction to the ball was very poor," coach Tom Thibodeau, whose team was outscored 26-11 in the third quarter, told the NBA's official website.

    In the midst of a nine-game road swing, Chicago was without injured starters Luol Deng and Richard Hamilton. While Hamilton has been ruled out indefinitely, Deng is expected to be available versus the Knicks following a six-game absence.

    Deng was averaging 18.3 points and 9.0 rebounds over an eight-game span prior to getting hurt.

    After averaging 34.3 points over his previous three contests, reigning NBA MVP Derrick Rose scored 18 against Philadelphia.

    Rose is averaging 26.2 points on 54.1 percent shooting over his last six meetings with New York. He had 26 points while Deng scored 23 in a 103-90 win at Madison Square Garden on April 12.

    Carlos Boozer also came up big in that game with 14 points and 22 rebounds -- one shy of his career high. Boozer is averaging 22.5 points and 15.8 boards during his last six visits to New York.

    The Bulls haven't suffered back-to-back defeats since Feb. 5-7.



    whenever someone mentions:
    -Carmelo taking too many shots
    -Amare not being healthy
    -Dwight Howard
    -Baron Davis' Spine
    -Phil Jackson
    -Knick fan in stands with sniper rifle aimed at Pringles

  2. #2
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    HAHAHAHAHA yes, I love the drinking game portion

  3. #3
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    finally a game i can watch on tv F U msg

  4. #4
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Word same boat as you man, sick of watching on comp, but it's bittersweet cuz TNT... hafta listen to Charles trash us before and at halftime, and Reggie trash us during

  5. #5
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Here we go.

  6. #6
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Shumpert v Rose is what I'm looking forward to

  7. #7
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Shumpert v Rose is what I'm looking forward to
    It's all about Lin vs. Rose.

  8. #8
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    OOOOOOOOOOOOOooh STAT

  9. #9
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    STAT with a Slam. He is pissed he is not an all star..

  10. #10
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    We lost b/c out closer was MIA again. 4 points in the 4 (2 were meaningless free throws). There's your ball game. My pal from Den was right - for every game winner CA HITS, he loses you 4 games with his erratic 4th play. Anyway, chi played last night while we were home resting. The team desperately needed a win... amar'e and fields played well. game was there to win ... then carmelo clanks a shot, then misses quickly outles 3. he gets his shot blocked and then gibson blocks another... bulls win. Chi pretty much lead wire to wire. Our star choked again big time. just another brutal loss. 1-1 after bos-nj. yippee

  11. #11
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    We lost b/c out closer was MIA again. 4 points in the 4 (2 were meaningless free throws). There's your ball game. My pal from Den was right - for every game winner CA HITS, he loses you 4 games with his erratic 4th play. Anyway, chi played last night while we were home resting. The team desperately needed a win... amar'e and fields played well. game was there to win ... then carmelo clanks a shot, then misses quickly outles 3. he gets his shot blocked and then gibson blocks another... bulls win. Chi pretty much lead wire to wire. Our star choked again big time. just another brutal loss. 1-1 after bos-nj. yippee
    lol wow you're blaming Melo figures YOU would, how about when Melo got us within 2 in the 3rd quarter and MDA puts in Douglas and Jeffries and they go on a 6-0 run, how about D'Antoni setting up and OOB play where STAT shoots a 3, how about the fact that we went to STAT every time in the 4th. How about the fact that D'Antoni didn't set up a play to get Melo the ball in a good spot so he can have some room to operate..............understand the real problem then comment on the game

  12. #12
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    lol wow you're blaming Melo figures YOU would, how about when Melo got us within 2 in the 3rd quarter and MDA puts in Douglas and Jeffries and they go on a 6-0 run, how about D'Antoni setting up and OOB play where STAT shoots a 3, how about the fact that we went to STAT every time in the 4th. How about the fact that D'Antoni didn't set up a play to get Melo the ball in a good spot so he can have some room to operate..............understand the real problem then comment on the game
    i understand how much you love melo as a player but he did force to many shots in the 4th while amare and fields were shooting well

  13. #13
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickerbocka176
    i understand how much you love melo as a player but he did force to many shots in the 4th while amare and fields were shooting well
    I didn't say he didn't force shots, he attacked the rim which isn't forcing anything he got hit a few times, no calls, he passed the ball to Fields when he was open 3 times and Fields either passed up the shot because he couldn't get his release off or dribbled no where.

    I'm not sayin he played good because he didn't but he's not the reason we lost but as usual you idiots dont see the real problem

  14. #14
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    I didn't say he didn't force shots, he attacked the rim which isn't forcing anything he got hit a few times, no calls, he passed the ball to Fields when he was open 3 times and Fields either passed up the shot because he couldn't get his release off or dribbled no where.

    I'm not sayin he played good because he didn't but he's not the reason we lost but as usual you idiots dont see the real problem
    driving into boozer and noah is forcing and im not saying its his fault either im just saying bro you ass **** the **** out of melo everytime someone says something about him relax

  15. #15
    Member knickerbocka176's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    298
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    how bout we kidnap faried and put balkman in denver they'll never know

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  2. The Official Chris Paul to the Knicks Thread
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2010, 14:36
  3. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Nov 28, 2006, 22:45
  4. GAME THREAD - 11/25/06 - 7:30pm - Knicks vs Bulls
    By jimkcchief88 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2006, 15:43
  5. GAME THREAD - 3/3/06 - 7:30 pm - Knicks vs. Bulls
    By Peach_NYK_21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 04, 2006, 17:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •