LA2NY Gameday Thread: Bulls Vs. Knicks 2-2-12

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
welp that was a good game stat should have his confidence back and we should be confident going up against the celtics tomorrow despite not having a pg we played fairly well against the best team in the NBA right now.

jzero29

Rotation player
not a bad game against one of the best teams in the league. if they played that hard against the rest of the league, they wouldnt be 8-15

Toons

is the Bo$$
we competed with the bulls, im not that mad at this loss. we 6 point off the bead only bench. Jordan needs to be getting jefferies minutes and line needs to get douglas minutes

LeFlume

All Star
I'm happy that STAT showed up. I have missed him...We could hang with the best..

We shoulden't be upset...we played a hell of a game..Bulls just made too many tough shots in the 4th..

knicksin60

Starter
Moral victories mean sh*t. Only wins show on the standings and they're all that counts. We're one loss away from D'Antoni being fired and I can't f*cking wait!

This game is another excuse for the D'antoni lovers.They will say that D'antoni shouldn't be fired because he got his players to play hard for him against the best team in the Eastern Conference.

KingofNy

Starter
I'm happy that STAT showed up. I have missed him...We could hang with the best..

We shoulden't be upset...we played a hell of a game..Bulls just made too many tough shots in the 4th..

I am glad Stat came to play...

BUT,

That sounds like every D'Antoni post game presser after a loss. It's sad that this fan base is happy only losing by 3 to the Bulls. We beat them twice last year guys by a good margin. Come on wake up! FIRE MDA!

Dammit... Melo could've gotten closer on that last 3 point attempt.. I guess the silver lining is we are one loss away from Dantoni being shown the door (If that report in today's papers were correct)

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Chicago should definately thank the refs for this W, in the second half at least 3-4 bad calls in Bulls favor and 3 no call situations where our guys have got hammered. Refs've won this game for the Bulls, sad but true.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
That was a good game STAT might finally be back if he is I expect this team to be a lot better. The Bulls just made some huge shots especially that OD contested pull jumper Watson hit on fields. Tony Douglas still sucks and I wish Melo woulda shot the last shot one step closer though but regardless.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I like the effort, hated the usage of the roster and the design of the play for STAT. D'Antoni out thought himself. Just because STAT can hit that shot doesn't mean you draw it up for him. You put Novak in and draw it up for him, or you give Melo or Fields (if you gotta be daring) that shot.

Yea STAT got a good look, and it's a shot he can hit....but he's 5-15 from three this season. Not the best option.

Red

TYPE-A
Moral victories mean sh*t. Only wins show on the standings and they're all that counts to make the playoffs and determine how good you really are. We're one loss away from D'Antoni being fired and I can't f*cking wait!

Valiant effort. Moral victories mean different say @ 14-8 vs 8-14.

At 14-8, it would be its still early, we kept it close, we can probably beat them.

At 8-14, you have to get every victory possible, and so it is attributed to our struggles.

I have no doubt if we play a bit different we can compete, definitely above .500.

We still have D problems and the usual

Substitution patterns?
Settling for too many outside shots
Toney Douglas?

If Mike D can't find a PG in Shump, Lin, Bibby, or Davis I don't know what else to say.:countdown:

KingofNy

Starter
I like the effort, hated the usage of the roster and the design of the play for STAT. D'Antoni out thought himself. Just because STAT can hit that shot doesn't mean you draw it up for him. You put Novak in and draw it up for him, or you give Melo or Fields (if you gotta be daring) that shot.

Yea STAT got a good look, and it's a shot he can hit....but he's 5-15 from three this season. Not the best option.

That play should of been designed for Melo as the primary and Novak as the secondary with Fields as a last option. Horrible play call by D'Antoni. Even though we got some bad calls against us in the second half, we still could've won without some questionable decisions.

It was nice see D'Antoni try to coach though... Haven't seen that in awhile.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
This game is another excuse for the D'antoni lovers.They will say that D'antoni shouldn't be fired because he got his players to play hard for him against the best team in the Eastern Conference.

I honestly had no expectations of the game being this close, it was a very well played game against a very good team, just came down to the wire really, its so f***ing heartbreaking to lose, but you know what theres light at the end of the tunnel and both D antoni and the players were great today just couldnt get it done...

Melo could of made that oppurtunity better i mean he could of just gotten a little closer or run down the court quicker, f**k!!!!!!

For fcks sake were not even in the double digit wins yet i cant stand looking at 8-14 its so nooby i want to be over .500 ready... Smfh im tight right now this is the sh*t that makes me age faster lol

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I honestly had no expectations of the game being this close, it was a very well played game against a very good team, just came down to the wire really, its so f***ing heartbreaking to lose, but you know what theres light at the end of the tunnel and both D antoni and the players were great today just couldnt get it done...

Melo could of made that oppurtunity better i mean he could of just gotten a little closer or run down the court quicker, f**k!!!!!!

For fcks sake were not even in the double digit wins yet i cant stand looking at 8-14 its so nooby i want to be over .500 ready... Smfh im tight right now this is the sh*t that makes me age faster lol

I do agree Melo shoulda pushed that shit after inbounds there was still 6 seconds he coulda got a better shot off if he sprinted but was basically jogging up the court

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'm going to defend D'Antoni for this one, if you put Novak in everyone knows he's the one to finish the final play, if you assign Amare to do it everyone thinks Carmelo or Shump would pull the trigger. Besides, Noah/Boozer have had some serious problems guarding Amare tonight. It was a risky play, but I wouldn't call it dumb...

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
The one game where D antoni hypes his players up, calls timeouts at the right times and makes decent subistutions throughout the game ... Why couldnt he do this from the start of the season?? All the sudden now that he is in a very hot seat "he starts coaching better" smh

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
he did coach them didnt he? it wasnt as consistent of an offensive attack as tues but we showed flashes of being unstoppable.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
The one game where D antoni hypes his players up, calls timeouts at the right times and makes decent subistutions throughout the game ... Why couldnt he do this from the start of the season?? All the sudden now that he is in a very hot seat "he starts coaching better" smh
He knows his seat is HOT, he feels that HEAT under his ass, that's what makes him work more understandable.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I do agree Melo shoulda pushed that shit after inbounds there was still 6 seconds he coulda got a better shot off if he sprinted but was basically jogging up the court

Thats exactly what im saying if the squad made better decisions throughout the game we could of won