Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do you think is biggest Problem with knicks

Superstar

Originally Posted by zshopa
    1. No PG (yes)
    2. Poor Coach (yes)
    3. Two Overrated "Superstars" (how can you say that?)
    4. Horrible Bench (how do you know if they never play)
    Well put, i was going to say the same thing, STAT and MELO, both average over 21 ppg for their careers, and the bench never plays.Antoni is by far the our biggest problem, every time a team goes on a run, this guy sits one of our stars and brings in TD or walker, what the hell is wrong with this guy.He use to do the same thing last year with shawn williams, it's like he would hear CLYDE say the knicks need help on the boards and on Q, williams is ripping off the sweats, it was comical, we had a 7footer sitting right there and hear comes williams to shoot corner 3's, LOL.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Well put, i was going to say the same thing, STAT and MELO, both average over 21 ppg for their careers, and the bench never plays.Antoni is by far the our biggest problem, every time a team goes on a run, this guy sits one of our stars and brings in TD or walker, what the hell is wrong with this guy.He use to do the same thing last year with shawn williams, it's like he would hear CLYDE say the knicks need help on the boards and on Q, williams is ripping off the sweats, it was comical, we had a 7footer sitting right there and hear comes williams to shoot corner 3's, LOL.

ok good so you do see that too, i thought i was crazy, but the lineups this monkey puts in there are funny sometimes. at no point should we have both melo and stat on the bench at the same time. there are times i see chandler hanging out with both of them on the bench meanwhile bill walker and TD are chucking up 3's and our big man jarred jeffries is chillin on the 3 point line hoisting up corner 3's? im sorry but since when does JJ have range? any range? i cant remember when he could make a 15foot jumper why is he shooting 20+?

And one other thing Dolan is a TURD yes, but he isn't sellin this team even though every true Knicks fan prays that day will come soon. So we have to deal with his non sense for now .

Nyk Logo Coach - PG - Billups - Colan - Me-lo

They're under-coached: Offensively, the system has its pluses, but, with this team anyway, is out of place and doesn't provide an inside game for 2 good inside scorers. The system is predictable because it's limited by its executors, and that shows every time we play a decent team unless we're hitting +40% from 3 on +20 attempts. Rotation too short, no set plays for dire need baskets, no cognition between players. Pathetic.

Mike Woodson isn't doing well defensively, either. Mastermind of the mismatching switch

No PG: Last year it was a center, this year it's a general. We lay our aspirations on Davis who hasn't played for half a year, and is coming off an injury so debilitating that it effects/has effected people's/Davis' day to day living. Getting him for the minimum is a thumbs up move.

Believing that extending Billups' contract would put us in the running for Paul in a trade: This was absolute lunacy. It amazed me that so many were convinced it was in the bag. A wedding toast that drove people to absurdity.

We should have offered CB the mini MLE [given the circumstances were right] or something similar. Instead we use our only amnesty clause to waive a player we just payed almost $14M to make room for Chandler. One injury from feeling the horrid sting of that monumental **** up.

Not assassinating Jim Colan: I put the blame on myself.

Trading all our future assets for Carmelo Anthony: If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****. Not really a big fan of the guy, obviously. Why, you may ask? Because thus far he's done **** for this organization, bar muscle his way in to it on his terms. If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****. If he'd have come here on the terms that best suited the Knicks - our team - and signed as a free agent, I'd be loving him! We'd have a better team and be winning more games if he had. Simple, isn't it? But, if it hasn't become apparent to all sporting a brain, the Melo trade was about money and "getting what I want" for 2 rich brats.

My adoration, or lack there of, for Melo is determined by our conference ranking. STAT is accountable too, but he came here as a free agent when times were tough. There in lies the disparity. If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****.

So far his Knick resumé doesn't afford him the start in the ASG, IMO.

If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****.

>

Veteran

It's only a point point guard issue because this coach whole gameplan depends on an extraordinary PG. Anyone can dribble the rock down court and dump it into (or around the paint) for Amare, Melo, and/or Chandler. But that's not what we are doing. Whats so hard about that? All the coach has to do is run plays that will have either of these 3 around the paint. Amare is best around the paint where all he has to do is dribble the rock once or twice to make a move inside for a bucket and 1. Having him around the parimeter trying to shake and bake has always caused turnovers. You have to be a complete dunce to allow your best players to do this constantly. Mello can go anywhere and that will be best for him (and the team) because he can easily create space for self and others. Chandler just has to time his in and out's around the paint...something him and Amare should be working on.

Instead, we rush shots when we don't have to. We take too many jump shots from outside with guys like Amare,Melo and Jorts.

Our problem resides with the coach. Slow the damn game down, save some of that energy for the defense,run some freaking plays, and please stop saying "lets go, lets go, lets go. I mean were the hell are they going... running down court just to toss up another pray?

Superstar

Our problem resides with the coach. Slow the damn game down, save some of that energy for the defense,run some freaking plays, and please stop saying "lets go, lets go, lets go. I mean were the hell are they going... running down court just to toss up another pray?[/QUOTE]LMAO, i though i was the only one who noticed him yelling let's go,let's go, all game long, this guy is clueless.

1. Dolan. We are stuck with this ass-clown of an owner for the foreseeable future, at least he's not cheap.

2. 'Asstoni. Anyone that backs this fool is either on lithium or doesn't know what basketball is. I'm so tired of these ridiculous sub patterns and 8 man rotation with Lin, Novak, and Jordan getting NO burn.

3. No PG. Ridiculously obvious, but maybe BoomDizzle will help that out a bit if he doesn't break.

4. Depth. But it doesn't matter right now(see point 2)

On the brighter side, we are staring to show signs of life(barely) and a W against the hated celts could go a long way.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

18 assist a game
    17 turnovers.

Possibly the worst passing team in NBA history.

Even with Davis, he can't do it by himself.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    They're under-coached: Offensively, the system has its pluses, but, with this team anyway, is out of place and doesn't provide an inside game for 2 good inside scorers. The system is predictable because it's limited by its executors, and that shows every time we play a decent team unless we're hitting +40% from 3 on +20 attempts. Rotation too short, no set plays for dire need baskets, no cognition between players. Pathetic.

Mike Woodson isn't doing well defensively, either. Mastermind of the mismatching switch

No PG: Last year it was a center, this year it's a general. We lay our aspirations on Davis who hasn't played for half a year, and is coming off an injury so debilitating that it effects/has effected people's/Davis' day to day living. Getting him for the minimum is a thumbs up move.

Believing that extending Billups' contract would put us in the running for Paul in a trade: This was absolute lunacy. It amazed me that so many were convinced it was in the bag. A wedding toast that drove people to absurdity.

We should have offered CB the mini MLE [given the circumstances were right] or something similar. Instead we use our only amnesty clause to waive a player we just payed almost $14M to make room for Chandler. One injury from feeling the horrid sting of that monumental **** up.

Not assassinating Jim Colan: I put the blame on myself.

Trading all our future assets for Carmelo Anthony: If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****. Not really a big fan of the guy, obviously. Why, you may ask? Because thus far he's done **** for this organization, bar muscle his way in to it on his terms. If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****. If he'd have come here on the terms that best suited the Knicks - our team - and signed as a free agent, I'd be loving him! We'd have a better team and be winning more games if he had. Simple, isn't it? But, if it hasn't become apparent to all sporting a brain, the Melo trade was about money and "getting what I want" for 2 rich brats.

My adoration, or lack there of, for Melo is determined by our conference ranking. STAT is accountable too, but he came here as a free agent when times were tough. There in lies the disparity. If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****.

So far his Knick resumé doesn't afford him the start in the ASG, IMO.

If you are a Melo Mole and are offended by this, I do not give a ****.

>
    This was a great post. Who is Mike Woodson and why is he now known as a great defensive coach?

Originally Posted by jzero29
    at this point I'd like to say it's either the Coach or lack of PG...but it's probably Jim Dolan. He's responsible for pushing the melo trade through, despite donny walsh...we probably would have gotten him anyway(i love melo) or landed PG D.Williams who would have been a better fit for D'Antoni and Stat.

He also is responsible for letting this team start the year without a legitimate PG. I like the chandler aquisition, but we miss Billups big time. Banking on us getting B. Davis in the first place and then his health. Dolan sucks.

Not to mention, the lock out was bad enough, then he negotiates unfairly with Time warner...greed and stupidity...I am a step away from being a Brooklyn nets fan as I suspect so many are when they have a better team then the Knicks next year.
    I would never have thought I'd say it, but if they somehow get Dwight howard and the knicks have the same crappy chemistry, coach and @55hole owner ... I'll be a Brooklyn fan next year. As a life long knick fan and NJ hater, It kills me to think about, but I can't take the results of DOLAN anymore.
    No coaching and and over use of toney douglas

Dolan. Not even close. He should just stop trying to be Marc Cuban and start sitting back and letting people who know their job take care of business.

Originally Posted by jzero29
    at this point I'd like to say it's either the Coach or lack of PG...but it's probably Jim Dolan. He's responsible for pushing the melo trade through, despite donny walsh...we probably would have gotten him anyway(i love melo) or landed PG D.Williams who would have been a better fit for D'Antoni and Stat.

He also is responsible for letting this team start the year without a legitimate PG. I like the chandler aquisition, but we miss Billups big time. Banking on us getting B. Davis in the first place and then his health. Dolan sucks.

Not to mention, the lock out was bad enough, then he negotiates unfairly with Time warner...greed and stupidity...I am a step away from being a Brooklyn nets fan as I suspect so many are when they have a better team then the Knicks next year.
    I would never have thought I'd say it, but if they somehow get Dwight howard and the knicks have the same crappy chemistry, coach and @55hole owner ... I'll be a Brooklyn fan next year. As a life long knick fan and NJ hater, It kills me to think about, but I can't take the results of DOLAN anymore.
    THE problem? I'll tell you what the problem is. MIKE DANTONI