Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Kenyon Martin

  1. #16
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Besides, there are some rumors claiming our interest in K-Mart is modest and we're much more focused on JR.

  2. #17
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Source: Clippers land Kenyon Martin

    The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to a deal with free-agent forward Kenyon Martin, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

    The former Denver forward, who reached a buyout agreement with the Xinjiang Guanghui Flying Tigers on Dec. 21 and was cleared by FIBA to return to the NBA two weeks ahead of schedule earlier this week, will make $2.5 million.

    Martin, 34, also considered the Miami Heat, Atlanta Hawks, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks.

    Martin will come off the bench for the Clippers, but provide important depth at power forward behind Blake Griffin. At this point in his career he is seen primarily as a defender, but he is expected to play significant minutes for the Clippers, who were previously relying on Reggie Evans and Solomon Jones to back up Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

    That depth is key for a team heading into its toughest stretch of the season -- a six-game road trip at the beginning of February and and another six-game trip at the beginning of March. The Clippers, who lead the Pacific Division at 13-7, are scheduled to play 20 games in 30 days in March.

    Signing Martin is something of a coup for the Clippers, who rarely have been seen as a destination for veterans looking to sign with a contender. But that's the impact point guards Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups have had on the organization this season.

    Billups, who was Martin's teammate in Denver, played a lead role in recruiting him.

    Martin met with the Clippers in early January and was told to watch their games and see if he thinks he would fit in, according to a team source.

    The Clippers were only able to offer Martin their mini-mid-level exception or $2.5 million. Miami and the Lakers could have offered him only a minimum contract, while Atlanta and San Antonio could have offered more.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #18
    Member unloopme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Jill Martin's Thong
    Posts
    222
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    I'm just glad he didn't take his talents to south bitch.

  4. #19
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    knew he was going to the clippers. the clippers are becoming a deep team loaded up with guards now loading up with more in the front court they'll be scary in the playoff's

  5. #20
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    It's no surprise he didn't want to play under D'Antoni and never see the court. D'Antoni kills forwards with a post game.

  6. #21
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    i want JR Smith, Sessions and KMart....oh, its not christmas

  7. #22
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by petescud
    i want JR Smith, Sessions and KMart....oh, its not christmas
    Even if it was Santa'd say we're already over the cap...

  8. #23
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    smh like the Clippers need anymore help

  9. #24
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Damn. I was really hoping for KMart to sign with the Knicks.

  10. #25
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Doesn't matter where they're in their career, nobody wants to play for a team that is 7 games under .500 and loses to teams like the Rockets and Cavs on a nightly basis.

  11. #26
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Doesn't matter where they're in their career, nobody wants to play for a team that is 7 games under .500 and loses to teams like the Rockets and Cavs on a nightly basis.
    yeah I agree how the hell are the knicks going to attract anyone while they're losing.

  12. #27
    Member Eman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    123
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I still don't see the Clippers getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs. They are good, but with Del Negro as the head coach, I dunno, I don't see them going all the way.

  13. #28
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by unloopme
    I'm just glad he didn't take his talents to south bitch.
    I'm cracking up

    No honestly, these Clippers can win a championship this year.

    I'm not impressed by Oklahoma City to be honest. Westbrook with all his qualities is a score first guard and his decision making in tight situations is poor. Perkins is starting to look past it, Harden is inconsistent and their depth is not exactly overwhelming.

    The Clippers are favourites in the West I'd say and they could beat Miami in the Finals I think.

    Lebron and Wade would have huge Finals against them because of the matchups (Billups and Mo Williams can't guard Wade, Butler can't guard Lebron), but the depth and quality of the Clippers would be too much for Miami.

    Chris Paul - Chauncey Billups - Caron Butler - Blake Griffin - DeAndre Jordan

    Mo Williams - Randy Foye - Ryan Gomes - Reggie Evans - Kenyon Martin

    Eric Bledsoe - Trey Thompkins - Brian Cook


    One of the better rosters assembled in recent years, I can see them winning a championship as early as this season.

  14. #29
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,822
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    No doubt the clippers are special and could contend this year - i disagree with OKC though. They have a sweet club as well. they may meet in the finals.

  15. #30
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I'm cracking up

    No honestly, these Clippers can win a championship this year.

    I'm not impressed by Oklahoma City to be honest. Westbrook with all his qualities is a score first guard and his decision making in tight situations is poor. Perkins is starting to look past it, Harden is inconsistent and their depth is not exactly overwhelming.

    The Clippers are favourites in the West I'd say and they could beat Miami in the Finals I think.

    Lebron and Wade would have huge Finals against them because of the matchups (Billups and Mo Williams can't guard Wade, Butler can't guard Lebron), but the depth and quality of the Clippers would be too much for Miami.

    Chris Paul - Chauncey Billups - Caron Butler - Blake Griffin - DeAndre Jordan

    Mo Williams - Randy Foye - Ryan Gomes - Reggie Evans - Kenyon Martin

    Eric Bledsoe - Trey Thompkins - Brian Cook


    One of the better rosters assembled in recent years, I can see them winning a championship as early as this season.
    Lol @ this. And I got bashed earlier in the season for saying that the Clippers are going to be one of the top teams in the west. Told you guys!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: Mar 03, 2012, 20:25
  2. Kenyon Martin bought out in China
    By StarksOverJordan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 22, 2011, 01:24
  3. Kenyon Martin
    By MeloforMayor in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: May 11, 2011, 19:20
  4. 4 Team Trade Imminent
    By NYKnicks15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Feb 07, 2006, 16:55
  5. Nets: Martin, Ready for Anything(article)
    By keyindabox in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2004, 19:29

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •