Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kenyon Martin

Besides, there are some rumors claiming our interest in K-Mart is modest and we're much more focused on JR.

Source: Clippers land Kenyon Martin

The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to a deal with free-agent forward Kenyon Martin, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

The former Denver forward, who reached a buyout agreement with the Xinjiang Guanghui Flying Tigers on Dec. 21 and was cleared by FIBA to return to the NBA two weeks ahead of schedule earlier this week, will make $2.5 million.

Martin, 34, also considered the Miami Heat, Atlanta Hawks, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks.

Martin will come off the bench for the Clippers, but provide important depth at power forward behind Blake Griffin. At this point in his career he is seen primarily as a defender, but he is expected to play significant minutes for the Clippers, who were previously relying on Reggie Evans and Solomon Jones to back up Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

That depth is key for a team heading into its toughest stretch of the season -- a six-game road trip at the beginning of February and and another six-game trip at the beginning of March. The Clippers, who lead the Pacific Division at 13-7, are scheduled to play 20 games in 30 days in March.

Signing Martin is something of a coup for the Clippers, who rarely have been seen as a destination for veterans looking to sign with a contender. But that's the impact point guards Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups have had on the organization this season.

Billups, who was Martin's teammate in Denver, played a lead role in recruiting him.

Martin met with the Clippers in early January and was told to watch their games and see if he thinks he would fit in, according to a team source.

The Clippers were only able to offer Martin their mini-mid-level exception or $2.5 million. Miami and the Lakers could have offered him only a minimum contract, while Atlanta and San Antonio could have offered more.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm just glad he didn't take his talents to south bitch.

knew he was going to the clippers. the clippers are becoming a deep team loaded up with guards now loading up with more in the front court they'll be scary in the playoff's

It's no surprise he didn't want to play under D'Antoni and never see the court. D'Antoni kills forwards with a post game.

i want JR Smith, Sessions and KMart....oh, its not christmas

Originally Posted by petescud
    i want JR Smith, Sessions and KMart....oh, its not christmas
    Even if it was Santa'd say we're already over the cap...

smh like the Clippers need anymore help

Damn. I was really hoping for KMart to sign with the Knicks.

Doesn't matter where they're in their career, nobody wants to play for a team that is 7 games under .500 and loses to teams like the Rockets and Cavs on a nightly basis.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Doesn't matter where they're in their career, nobody wants to play for a team that is 7 games under .500 and loses to teams like the Rockets and Cavs on a nightly basis.
    yeah I agree how the hell are the knicks going to attract anyone while they're losing.

I still don't see the Clippers getting past the 2nd round of the playoffs. They are good, but with Del Negro as the head coach, I dunno, I don't see them going all the way.

Originally Posted by unloopme
    I'm just glad he didn't take his talents to south bitch.
    I'm cracking up

No honestly, these Clippers can win a championship this year.

I'm not impressed by Oklahoma City to be honest. Westbrook with all his qualities is a score first guard and his decision making in tight situations is poor. Perkins is starting to look past it, Harden is inconsistent and their depth is not exactly overwhelming.

The Clippers are favourites in the West I'd say and they could beat Miami in the Finals I think.

Lebron and Wade would have huge Finals against them because of the matchups (Billups and Mo Williams can't guard Wade, Butler can't guard Lebron), but the depth and quality of the Clippers would be too much for Miami.

Chris Paul - Chauncey Billups - Caron Butler - Blake Griffin - DeAndre Jordan

Mo Williams - Randy Foye - Ryan Gomes - Reggie Evans - Kenyon Martin

Eric Bledsoe - Trey Thompkins - Brian Cook

One of the better rosters assembled in recent years, I can see them winning a championship as early as this season.

No doubt the clippers are special and could contend this year - i disagree with OKC though. They have a sweet club as well. they may meet in the finals.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I'm cracking up

No honestly, these Clippers can win a championship this year.

I'm not impressed by Oklahoma City to be honest. Westbrook with all his qualities is a score first guard and his decision making in tight situations is poor. Perkins is starting to look past it, Harden is inconsistent and their depth is not exactly overwhelming.

The Clippers are favourites in the West I'd say and they could beat Miami in the Finals I think.

Lebron and Wade would have huge Finals against them because of the matchups (Billups and Mo Williams can't guard Wade, Butler can't guard Lebron), but the depth and quality of the Clippers would be too much for Miami.

Chris Paul - Chauncey Billups - Caron Butler - Blake Griffin - DeAndre Jordan

Mo Williams - Randy Foye - Ryan Gomes - Reggie Evans - Kenyon Martin

Eric Bledsoe - Trey Thompkins - Brian Cook

One of the better rosters assembled in recent years, I can see them winning a championship as early as this season.
    Lol @ this. And I got bashed earlier in the season for saying that the Clippers are going to be one of the top teams in the west. Told you guys!