Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D'Antoni WILL GET FIRED THIS WEEKEND!

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    ducktales....Antoni is safe for now

Red thats the number one reason why dantoni needs to go, why does Douglas get a pass to take and miss so many shots? **** man give Bibby another chance
    Originally Posted by Red
    Toney Green-Light Douglas touch the rock and hoist.
    Mike needs competent pg play. Don't know why he's playing TD.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    The losses to both Chicago and Boston weren't horrible IMO. Both games came down up to the last shot. We're just starting to improve right now. I don't expect them to lose 9 out of 10 games and then suddenly beat the crap out of two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.
    We blew both games.

We lost to Chicago who previously got blown out by 16 to the Sixers, who we beat. THey also had no Luol Deng and Richard Hamilton...fact is we should have won that game.

The Celtics game was a tradgedy. We just stopped playing in the second half. Blame goes to Mike D for bringing in Toney Douglas and Douglas who can't facilitate and offense is his life depended on it nor can he hit a shot. Douglas has to be one of the biggest dissapointments of the year for any NBA team. We had high hopes for Douglas as a legit starter/sixth man. I don't think Douglas will ever crack a starting spot on a team if he doesn't learn to drive to the basket and knock down open shots.

How did Mike D play Douglas for so long in this game????

ESPN said that Douglas was in for 7 minutes and the knicks scored only 5 points!!!!!

You would think after a few minutes that enough is enough. Mike D just never thought about bringing in Jeremy Lin. Mike D is the worst.

MIke D needs to be fired asap.

you cant fire someone thats on a trend toward a cohesive dominating offense, especially when he's doing it without a pg. dolan and isiah could be in his ear telling him play novak jordan bibby and lin more but he just doesnt deserve to be fired right now. if this came up a week ago i'd be all for it but melo is playing team offense and its spreading like a virus.

Veteran

Melo's playing team offense, Amar'e is scoring off the pick and roll (it took them three months to start running the pick and roll, but at least they did it eventually), and Landry Fields is looking like an NBA starter again.

It sucks, but one has to ask how far we can get with this coach if he puts Steve ****ing Novak into the game with four seconds left to go.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    you cant fire someone thats on a trend toward a cohesive dominating offense, especially when he's doing it without a pg. dolan and isiah could be in his ear telling him play novak jordan bibby and lin more but he just doesnt deserve to be fired right now. if this came up a week ago i'd be all for it but melo is playing team offense and its spreading like a virus.
    WHAT?!?!?!

LMAO

Hold on did u just type "cohesive dominating offense"?

The team is shooting under 43% from the field

31 % from the 3 point line

The only player shooting at 45% or higher are Renaldo Balkman, Jeremly Lin, Tyson Chandler, and Jerome Jordan. The only one out of thos 4 that puts up a decent amount of shots is Tyson CHandler. SO basically only one player that gets sufficient minutes is averaging over 45% shooting.

We average 95 points per game.

We average 17 turnovers per game.

And your saying that we are on a trend towards a cohesive dominating offense?

There will never be cohesion with Toney Douglas handling the basketball.

Iman SHumpert never drives to the hoop so he barely makes much happen on offense.

The only player that plays like a true PG is Jeremy Lin, who never plays, and Baron Davis, who we have yet to see and won't get sufficient minutes for a while due to his back.

So we are not a trend to go anywhere positive.

we are 8-15 when we were at one point 6-4...which means since being 6-4 we have won 2 games out of our last 13 games. That is terrible!

We are not dominating in any way, especially on the offensive side of the ball. We run a stagnant offense that relies on 3 point shooting that we don't have and no player to affectively run a decent pick and roll.

Unles Baron Davis is completely healthy and stays healthy, and we get a new coach, I don't think we will ever live up to the expectations of this year.

We lost to some of the worst teams in the NBA...consistently. We should be ashamed of ourselves. We are not dominate in any way nor are we going in that direction.

We are a lost team with no identity that is looking for anything to lift our spirits.

We need to fire outr coach since the captain of this ship is veering it so off course that we might miss the playoffs.

Still sippin the kool aid from that Pistons game I see....

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Melo's playing team offense, Amar'e is scoring off the pick and roll (it took them three months to start running the pick and roll, but at least they did it eventually), and Landry Fields is looking like an NBA starter again.

It sucks, but one has to ask how far we can get with this coach if he puts Steve ****ing Novak into the game with four seconds left to go.
    when was the last time Novak even played in a game?

I mean the roster sucks.... Fine we all know that. But every game that TD has played against the celtics (though you could just say every game) has been bad.

KG abuses him and Rondo plows through him so why play him so heavily in the second half? Why put Novak in when he hasn't played all game. You guys remember Clutch 3 (Relatively speaking) Shawne Williams Right? He played minutes in a game and got into a rhythm and then would be clutch. Novak hasn't played for a few games and then gets mobbed by the Boston Cheaters because that is how they are allowed to play. Like I said 2-2 would give him a chance so they're is still a chance Dolan lets him rock..... Hell knowing Dolan always makes the wrong move I expect D'antoni to have his job right up to the point it becomes clear the knicks can't get into the playoffs without a miracle. So lets say Mid March.

The player say they're behind him but they can't seem to win against anybody.

hmmmmm yeah man good point..... NOT..... pass the damn weed you had to much!!!

Must be a special day for Knicks fans, jerk-off time I guess....

Now we're contenders...surely...it was all about the coach....he's an undercover agent of the Miami Heat, throwing games to prevent this marvelous roster from winning the 9 championships they're capable of and deserve.

I can't wait for the first round Playoff massacre by the hands of Miami, they'll murder these Knicks and your heroes Stoudemire and Melo will bugger off through the backdoor just like last year.....

I guess it'll be Woodson's fault then (Who'll be our new HC).

He isn't fired yet... not even sure if that rumor has something to do with reality.

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    He isn't fired yet... not even sure if that rumor has something to do with reality.
    Yeah, but the chivvy against D'Antoni on this board is getting absurb.

He's not the best coach, arguably not a great coach, but to blame him for everything that went wrong and initiate a hate-campaign against him is ridiculous.

I could understand the hate towards Isiah 100%, he almost destroyed the franchise with his incredibly stupid and egomaniac moves as a general manager and in addition to that he hurt our image with that sexual harassment charge.....but D'Antoni? Come on guys....I almost feel sorry for that dude.

He might be an idiot or not, I don't know him, but I really don't think he deserves the hate and all the blame he's getting.

Did he ever have a roster that suited him in New York?

I don't think so. We did pretty well last season when we had like 5 or 6 players who suited his style.

Remember that he was against the Melo trade...alongside Donnie Walsh. Might have been because of Gallo or because he saw this depth and chemistry issue coming, who knows but fact is he was against the trade.

He has never misbehaved towards the fans or anything like that.

I don't like his coaching methods either and I agree that he is a one trick poney (you either give him great shooters/passers/ball handlers or you're in trouble) and I think it's time for a change coaching wise, but by god our so called superstars are just as bad as him and one-trick poneys themselves.

I think it's unfair to solely blame D'Antoni, if 'blame' is the right word at all...I mean I can't really blame him for our record. I can hold him accountable but we should also remember that Dolan pulled the trigger on the Melo trade.....and o our 3 'star-players' (I'm so sick of all these media phrases).....let's just call them our 3 most important players....only Chandler has delivered so far. We're talking about grown men who have families and several business projects going, they know very well what they're doing, so to claim they can't perform because D'Antoni doesn't draw up plays for them or doesn't tell them what they have to do in every situation is ludicrous.

IMHO they're as accountable for our terrible record since the Melo trade as coach D'Antoni.

Dolan
    D'Antoni
    Stoudemire
    Melo

are all to blame simultaneously.

Veteran

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    He won't get fired. It's his last contract year. Nobody gets fired in their last year..
    u right....at the (1-9) start in the 2009-10 season Dantoni shouldve been FIRED.

When a headcoach teach all "BAD-HABITS" to his players, especially to all the young-players any time is the right time for to be FIRED.
    Interim GM Grunwald shouldve been on Dantoni when he seen our poor guard substitution....

Had to laugh at JVG saying Dantoni is a good coach. Jeff always speaks well of other coaches. Good coaches don't make a guy (Novak) who hasn't played all game take a clutch 3 with the game on the line...sorry

Also, with a minute left in the game and down by a few pts drive to the basket more instead of these 25 ft shots all game. it would open up the floor more so we can use our strengths

Originally Posted by petescud
    Had to laugh at JVG saying Dantoni is a good coach. Jeff always speaks well of other coaches. Good coaches don't make a guy (Novak) who hasn't played all game take a clutch 3 with the game on the line...sorry

Also, with a minute left in the game and down by a few pts drive to the basket more instead of these 25 ft shots all game. it would open up the floor more so we can use our strengths
    Exactly, once again poor coaching and poor decisions, very poor decisions by this guy, why not be smart and let Lin play more he was doing great ... Dumb ass coach