D'Antoni WILL GET FIRED THIS WEEKEND!

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Ok, not a great source, or even a reputable one.

But there are so many fire D'antoni threads out there, why not one with an article speaking of a possible date of dismissal...the day before the superbowl.

From Barstool sports:

TheDaily.com ? New York Knicks coach Mike D?Antoni (pictured) is a dead man walking. Sources say the team?s owner, Cablevision heir James Dolan, decided to fire D?Antoni last week after the Knicks lost to the mediocre Houston Rockets, their ninth loss in 10 games. ?But Dolan wants the least coverage possible, so he?ll do it right before the Super Bowl,? one source told Flash.

After expected back-to-back losses to Chicago and Boston, Dolan will pull the trigger the day before the biggest sports event of the year, and replace D?Antoni with Mike Woodson, a favorite of Dolan?s shadow consigliere, Isiah Thomas.

I have no idea what TheDaily.com is. Dunno if its reliable or not. I will say that this idea is such a James Dolan idea its not even funny. Such a snake move. But more importantly lets talk about Dantoni for a minute.

Why the **** is there so much support and loyalty for Mike Dantoni? Since when did this dude become Red Auerbach or Phil Jackson? The guy has never even coached a single game in the Finals. He?s openly regarded as a gimmick offensive coach who has no clue how to play defense. Its like hes a coach for the And 1 tour. He?s coached the Knicks for 3 seasons. So what is the deal with the outpouring of support? I mean the writing is finally on the wall with rumors and buzz like this, but up until now its been Team Dantoni from everyone with a mic. Guys like Bill Walton saying he revolutionized the sport. Every analyst seems to say they ?have faith in him that he can get the job done.? What on earth would lead anyone to believe that? He has changed virtually nothing since he came here. When he was in Phoenix he had a very similar cast of characters with a younger Amare and an MVP Nash, and he still couldn?t even get out of the Conference Finals. There is literally no evidence that suggests he can get the job done with the Knicks.

And I?m not saying its impossible. All I?m saying is this unwavering support from players and the media so far is bizarre. Its not like he?s some legendary coach. Not like he?s got rings on his fingers and has a rich history with the franchise. They could fire Dantoni if they wanted and nobody would bat an eyelash.

But I guess after a guy like Isiah Thomas appeared bulletproof, this should be no surprise.

This may not be true. But don't tell me it's not better than one of the 800 ridiculous fire D'antoni threads.

Who knows? Maybe it will come true :peace::peace::peace:

KingCharles34

All Star
ducktales....Antoni is safe for now

Red thats the number one reason why dantoni needs to go, why does Douglas get a pass to take and miss so many shots? Fukk man give Bibby another chance

la2ny

Starter
aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

Sage

Rotation player
He'll get the rest of the season. I really can't imagine him being fired mid-season.

portega1968

El Cacique
Ok, if the last minute of tonight's lost against the Celtics is not proof of how much Mr. pringles sucks, then we are doomed.

Cant blame him for having to deal with the roster the owner forced on him, but he couldve done a better job. Oh Lord please I hope hes fired this weekend. Someone has to be held responsible for this mess, and since we cant fire the owner, Dantoni has to go.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
We lost to chicago and boston in horrible fashion so mike d should be fired

The losses to both Chicago and Boston weren't horrible IMO. Both games came down up to the last shot. We're just starting to improve right now. I don't expect them to lose 9 out of 10 games and then suddenly beat the crap out of two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.

Paul1355

All Star
The losses to both Chicago and Boston weren't horrible IMO. Both games came down up to the last shot. We're just starting to improve right now. I don't expect them to lose 9 out of 10 games and then suddenly beat the crap out of two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.

We blew both games.

We lost to Chicago who previously got blown out by 16 to the Sixers, who we beat. THey also had no Luol Deng and Richard Hamilton...fact is we should have won that game.

The Celtics game was a tradgedy. We just stopped playing in the second half. Blame goes to Mike D for bringing in Toney Douglas and Douglas who can't facilitate and offense is his life depended on it nor can he hit a shot. Douglas has to be one of the biggest dissapointments of the year for any NBA team. We had high hopes for Douglas as a legit starter/sixth man. I don't think Douglas will ever crack a starting spot on a team if he doesn't learn to drive to the basket and knock down open shots.

How did Mike D play Douglas for so long in this game????

ESPN said that Douglas was in for 7 minutes and the knicks scored only 5 points!!!!!

You would think after a few minutes that enough is enough. Mike D just never thought about bringing in Jeremy Lin. Mike D is the worst.

MIke D needs to be fired asap.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
you cant fire someone thats on a trend toward a cohesive dominating offense, especially when he's doing it without a pg. dolan and isiah could be in his ear telling him play novak jordan bibby and lin more but he just doesnt deserve to be fired right now. if this came up a week ago i'd be all for it but melo is playing team offense and its spreading like a virus.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Melo's playing team offense, Amar'e is scoring off the pick and roll (it took them three months to start running the pick and roll, but at least they did it eventually), and Landry Fields is looking like an NBA starter again.

It sucks, but one has to ask how far we can get with this coach if he puts Steve ****ing Novak into the game with four seconds left to go.

Paul1355

All Star
you cant fire someone thats on a trend toward a cohesive dominating offense, especially when he's doing it without a pg. dolan and isiah could be in his ear telling him play novak jordan bibby and lin more but he just doesnt deserve to be fired right now. if this came up a week ago i'd be all for it but melo is playing team offense and its spreading like a virus.

WHAT?!?!?!

LMAO

Hold on did u just type "cohesive dominating offense"?

The team is shooting under 43% from the field

31 % from the 3 point line

The only player shooting at 45% or higher are Renaldo Balkman, Jeremly Lin, Tyson Chandler, and Jerome Jordan. The only one out of thos 4 that puts up a decent amount of shots is Tyson CHandler. SO basically only one player that gets sufficient minutes is averaging over 45% shooting.

We average 95 points per game.

We average 17 turnovers per game.

And your saying that we are on a trend towards a cohesive dominating offense?

There will never be cohesion with Toney Douglas handling the basketball.

Iman SHumpert never drives to the hoop so he barely makes much happen on offense.

The only player that plays like a true PG is Jeremy Lin, who never plays, and Baron Davis, who we have yet to see and won't get sufficient minutes for a while due to his back.

So we are not a trend to go anywhere positive.

we are 8-15 when we were at one point 6-4...which means since being 6-4 we have won 2 games out of our last 13 games. That is terrible!

We are not dominating in any way, especially on the offensive side of the ball. We run a stagnant offense that relies on 3 point shooting that we don't have and no player to affectively run a decent pick and roll.

Unles Baron Davis is completely healthy and stays healthy, and we get a new coach, I don't think we will ever live up to the expectations of this year.

We lost to some of the worst teams in the NBA...consistently. We should be ashamed of ourselves. We are not dominate in any way nor are we going in that direction.

We are a lost team with no identity that is looking for anything to lift our spirits.

We need to fire outr coach since the captain of this ship is veering it so off course that we might miss the playoffs.