Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: D'Antoni WILL GET FIRED THIS WEEKEND!

TD should never play PG, only SG... I mean we had Bibby, Lin, and Shumpert why not rotate between them 3?? Why not Bibby before TD? Like it boggles my mind this coach is pure bred retard

We need a PG that gets in the paint... and he have in!!! wth!!! open your eyes D'Antoni... how bout you have Lin play together with the Starting roster so they can get used to each other....and take Douglas to the D-League

Veteran

funny thing is tonight Dantonio can make TD a starter

Originally Posted by petescud
    Had to laugh at JVG saying Dantoni is a good coach. Jeff always speaks well of other coaches. Good coaches don't make a guy (Novak) who hasn't played all game take a clutch 3 with the game on the line...sorry

Also, with a minute left in the game and down by a few pts drive to the basket more instead of these 25 ft shots all game. it would open up the floor more so we can use our strengths

So Jeff Van Gundy is a retard too?

Man why didn't you guys have a career in coaching? Your unfailing knowledge about basketball is wasted now....

Only Knicks fans are that dogmatic it seems...

Even Stephen A. said a couple of days ago that the current crisis is not about the coach.....basically everybody who knows a tiny bit about basketball (and made a career out of it) is not (solely) blaming D'Antoni for our current **** up......honestly you guys need to coach one day or STFU

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    The losses to both Chicago and Boston weren't horrible IMO. Both games came down up to the last shot. We're just starting to improve right now. I don't expect them to lose 9 out of 10 games and then suddenly beat the crap out of two of the best teams in the Eastern Conference.
    LOL @ people who are happy that we played two decent teams down to the wire but lost. There's no difference to losing like that than losing by 30, it's still a loss. We lost those last two games because MDA mismanaged the roster and had no play to spring an open shooter at the end of the game.

Melo has 20 game-winning shots in his career right behind Kobe, why did MDA not have a play ran for MELO instead of an ICE-COLD Novak who hasn't touched the court in a week? D'Antoni sucks bro, he's done.

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    LOL @ people who are happy that we played two decent teams down to the wire but lost. There's no difference to losing like that than losing by 30, it's still a loss. We lost those last two games because MDA mismanaged the roster and had no play to spring an open shooter at the end of the game.

Melo has 20 game-winning shots in his career right behind Kobe, why did MDA not have a play ran for MELO instead of an ICE-COLD Novak who hasn't touched the court in a week? D'Antoni sucks bro, he's done.
    How do people keep thinking that play was for Novak? If they had a time out left I can guarantee you D'antoni would've called it rather than forcing the ball to Novak. Now, I'm not saying D'antoni is a good coach by any stretch of the imagination, like the whole taking Lin out for Douglas call was beyond stupid, but I would rather have Novak on the floor on the off chance of him having to take that shot than Jeffries (If I remember right Chandler just got fouled out so it was Stat, Novak, Melo, Shump, and Fields).

First post~

Originally Posted by skisloper
    funny thing is tonight Dantonio can make TD a starter
    Any rumors of that?

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston

Man why didn't you guys have a career in coaching? Your unfailing knowledge about basketball is wasted now....

Even Stephen A. said a couple of days ago that the current crisis is not about the coach.....basically everybody who knows a tiny bit about basketball (and made a career out of it) is not (solely) blaming D'Antoni for our current **** up......honestly you guys need to coach one day or STFU
    To be fair tho, JVG does always speak well of coaches.

You keep stressing that it's not solely MDA, and clearly it's not. You can also have the irrational thinking that the players will police themselves to the point of a complete 180 degree turn around. Maybe a few "players only" meetings will suddenly turn TD into a point guard; or STAT will start running one man pick and rolls; or Lin will stay on the court and force technical foul shots for 6 men on the court until TD or Shump decides to leave the court.

Yea, it's not solely MDA, but he's the one in charge of making sure everyone else does what they're supposed to do. I don't have to be a coach to see that Fields is on the ball, having STAT set a screen for him, and then Fields is making smart decisions...driving, shooting, dishing, or feeding STAT. But then the second half of the game comes around, and no more screens for Fields when he's on the ball. I don't care if it's you, JVG, Phil, Sloan, Missy Peregrym, or Jesus, saying "but see...that's not on the coach" because when a coach sees a viable tactic being abandoned, it's up to HIM to get on his guys and have them go back to it until the defense shows they can stop it. And if a player isn't responding, bench him.

Why does it seem that people need those in the media to think for them for some reason? Be it what Steph says on twitter, or what JVG says in a game, or what Bill Simmons is saying, or articles from his Grantland blog...I mean...we are watching the games, correct?

When was the last time you saw MDA reprimand STAT for anything? The last time I remember someone getting on him was last season. Phil Weber was in his face, shouting, pointing at STAT's chest, and Amar'e was sitting there, head downish, and nodding. It wasn't D'Antoni, it was Weber.

There was a post game interview this year where MDA was asked about Melo going 2 for 12 in three quarters and he said "it's ok, we were up 8, we don't even look at stats in that manner anyway." So...are you really surprised Melo is shooting 40% and STAT, 44%?

Phil told MJ and Kobe to stop shooting with media and teammate manipulation. Popavich will bench you regardless of who you are, how many sneakers you have on the market, or your pay scale.

MDA is still letting Toney Douglas play.

Excuse me for respectfully not giving a **** about what JVG has to say from a commentator stand point. My eyes aren't lying to me. I'll go by that as opposed to the politically correct "opinion" of another human being.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2

When was the last time you saw MDA reprimand STAT for anything? The last time I remember someone getting on him was last season. Phil Weber was in his face, shouting, pointing at STAT's chest, and Amar'e was sitting there, head downish, and nodding. It wasn't D'Antoni, it was Weber.
    This is the thing that pisses me off the most, it seems like he has no real control of the team, even if D'antoni does try to get on a player for doing something it seems they don't even listen because the players know it's just empty threats because of his stupid 8 player rotation. I can see him losing complete control of this team if they keep this losing streak going and Woodson doesn't take over.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    To be fair tho, JVG does always speak well of coaches.

You keep stressing that it's not solely MDA, and clearly it's not. You can also have the irrational thinking that the players will police themselves to the point of a complete 180 degree turn around. Maybe a few "players only" meetings will suddenly turn TD into a point guard; or STAT will start running one man pick and rolls; or Lin will stay on the court and force technical foul shots for 6 men on the court until TD or Shump decides to leave the court.

Yea, it's not solely MDA, but he's the one in charge of making sure everyone else does what they're supposed to do. I don't have to be a coach to see that Fields is on the ball, having STAT set a screen for him, and then Fields is making smart decisions...driving, shooting, dishing, or feeding STAT. But then the second half of the game comes around, and no more screens for Fields when he's on the ball. I don't care if it's you, JVG, Phil, Sloan, Missy Peregrym, or Jesus, saying "but see...that's not on the coach" because when a coach sees a viable tactic being abandoned, it's up to HIM to get on his guys and have them go back to it until the defense shows they can stop it. And if a player isn't responding, bench him.

Why does it seem that people need those in the media to think for them for some reason? Be it what Steph says on twitter, or what JVG says in a game, or what Bill Simmons is saying, or articles from his Grantland blog...I mean...we are watching the games, correct?

There was a post game interview this year where MDA was asked about Melo going 2 for 12 in three quarters and he said "it's ok, we were up 8, we don't even look at stats in that manner anyway." So...are you really surprised Melo is shooting 40% and STAT, 44%?

Phil told MJ and Kobe to stop shooting with media and teammate manipulation. Popavich will bench you regardless of who you are, how many sneakers you have on the market, or your pay scale.

MDA is still letting Toney Douglas play.

Excuse me for respectfully not giving a **** about what JVG has to say from a commentator stand point. My eyes aren't lying to me. I'll go by that as opposed to the politically correct "opinion" of another human being.
    Fantastic post. Sums up everything perfectly. How there is anybody who still supports Dumbphoney is beyond me. The man is clearly a dickhead and the worst coach in the NBA.

Although Sprewell-Houston seems to love the guy.

Originally Posted by Purch.
    This is the thing that pisses me off the most, it seems like he has no real control of the team, even if D'antoni does try to get on a player for doing something it seems they don't even listen because the players know it's just empty threats because of his stupid 8 player rotation. I can see him losing complete control of this team if they keep this losing streak going and Woodson doesn't take over.
    Yeah he really doesnt know how to control his players. Hes a wimp. hes not a Sloan or Phil Jackson or Pat Riley type the guy is a push over, The fans see it, the media sees it, management sees it, why wouldnt the players see it and use it to their advantage?

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Yeah he really doesnt know how to control his players. Hes a wimp. hes not a Sloan or Phil Jackson or Pat Riley type the guy is a push over, The fans see it, the media sees it, management sees it, why wouldnt the players see it and use it to their advantage?
    It reminds me of Spoelstra in the beginning of last year before the team finally realized that they had to listen to him or they would keep losing, but Spoelstra actually tried consistently to try to get the players to listen instead of D'Antoni who only gets on his players case when it's far too late because he's bitching to the refs instead.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston

LOL...

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

In politics you hear a lot of old guys talking about undoing regulation but they rarely speak about what they will replace the regulation with. I always get the feeling that things will be ****tier unless you bring in someone that really knows what's going on and how to move forward. The Knicks are much like this.

If you replace D'Antoni, who fills the coaching spot? Will it improve the team?

If your answer is not a definite Yes the the second question without hesitation then you should not fire D'Antoni, at least not in the middle of the season.

For the record I never wanted D'Antoni, not for a second. I really, really wanted to see Tom Tibideau here but Chicago grabbed him up. I looked up Mike Woodson and saw that he was Larry Brown's defensive coach in Detroit, same spot as Tibs was for Boston. Could Woodson really be a force as a head coach?

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    TD should never play PG, only SG... I mean we had Bibby, Lin, and Shumpert why not rotate between them 3?? Why not Bibby before TD? Like it boggles my mind this coach is pure bred retard
    I agree. Toney Douglas is terrible at handling the basketball.

If he does not drive to the hoop and use his speed to his advantage, then he becomes useless because teams will just guard him close and he will miss every outside shot.

Bibby is a better shooter than Toney Douglas, has experience, and has actually had a few nice passes this year. The problem is Bibby can't play defense but last game Jordan Farmar torched TD and TD couldn't stop him at all, when TD is known for his defense.

Shumpert has gone downhill and is playing so much like TD it's scary. Shumpert went from a big PG who can penetrate to the basket to a PG that can't penetrate nor looks for it. He misses a couple of wide open dunks and layups and it seems like his confidence is shot. The only shot Shumpert has is the imid range elbow jumper and the occasional wide open 3. Other than that Shumpert should play off the ball and cut to the basket since he was a force in college with the alleyoop.

Lin is just smarter than Bibby, TD and Shumpert at the point. Lin plays a steady pace, similar to Chauncey Billups. Lin also plays more a uptempo offense and looks for the fast break. He can actually finish a layup and make a lead pass in the fast break which TD fails to do every night. The worst play by TD was last game when he had the ball with a 3 on 1 and had Chandler waiting for the alleyoop, instead he runs at the defender to do a bounce pass around him and gets fouled while passing, ruining the 3-1 advantage. TD is the worst

TD has to camp out the three point line, Lin has to ball handle, Shumpert has to cut to the basket and be effective off the ball and Bibby has to get open for the outside shots. Bascially TD and Bibby need to play like shooting guards.