Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: LA2NY Gameday Thread: Knicks vs. Celtics 2-3-12

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Lol, you make some very good points, but i don't think he's that smart.It's sad but i think he believes all these stupid moves were the right one's, sad isn't it.You know who's the hardest man in the NBA to stop...Mike antoni, this guy must be stopped.
    yeah he probably isn't that smart, but I dont get how hard it was to see what was working

Default Hustle Lin

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    nice hustle Lin
    I think you just came up with a new nickname: Hustle Lin.

I liked what I saw from Lin tonite, he's a little raw, but he penetrates to the paint,
    oh so much better than TD. and he's rewarded with bench time. damntonidouglas!

way too much Girafferies. the guy has a couple highlights a game, and he deserves 23 minutes?
    and still no Jerry Jordan? f*cktoni!

Novak comes in cold at the very end of game? not too smartoni.

technical foul on the coach in crunch time? stupid Macaroni.

well, if this game has led to Craptoni's firing, all the power to the Celtd*cks!
    ...except Paula Pierceclit, god I hate that woman!

Here's to beating the Nets tomorrow on our home floor. We need at least one win in this back-to-back-to-back.

We lose Dantoni is dun fo sho...

Well it was typical last season game by Donetoni: build up the lead > put a scrub like Douglas in the game at the end thereof > blow up the lead > lose the game.

Besides, both Shump and Landry should be cleaning up MSG rest rooms for the rest of the month for not hitting open corner threes.

Pierce outplayed Melo tonight. He should be starting in all-star game along with King James. I don't think I ever seen an all-star starter from a team that's losing so much.

Originally Posted by InGodsHands
    Pierce outplayed Melo tonight. He should be starting in all-star game along with King James. I don't think I ever seen an all-star starter from a team that's losing so much.
    That's one of the reasons why him and Stoudemire are fake superstars. They're celebrities, not champions.

Jeff Van Gundy said so many great things last night. One of them was that it's not about the coach in New York but the players.

I wonder who'll be the next scapegoat for Knicks fans after D'Antoni is gone?!

Woodson? The referies? The media? Lee Harvey Oswald?

This roster sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks!!!!!!!

Keep Chandler, Shumpert and maybe Fields, trade the rest - especially these ****ing celebrities, I can't stand them anymore.

Bring in a great basketball player like Deron Williams, who actually isn't in the limelight all the time. Please no Dwight Howard, it's just another celebrity, I've had enough of them.

- keep Chandler, Shumpert, Landry and Harrellson,
    - create more depth via trades,
    - rebuild via draft,
    - keep Dolan away from basketball operations.

Veteran

Instead of everyone bashing the Coach, Melo , Stat.......wouldnt it just be easier to decide what the ISSUE is once we have a PG.....

Think about it we are the only NBA TEAM IN HISTORY WITHOUT A PG.

THAT IS NOT DANTONIO'S FAULT.

Superstar

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Instead of everyone bashing the Coach, Melo , Stat.......wouldnt it just be easier to decide what the ISSUE is once we have a PG.....

Think about it we are the only NBA TEAM IN HISTORY WITHOUT A PG.

THAT IS NOT DANTONIO'S FAULT.
    We have a PG, lin, but he gets no burn, because he's not out there jacking up 9.. 3's a game.Antoni lost this game,1- STAT had it going, what does he do, let's go away from the guy who's killing them in the paint.2-The balls moving, bodies are moving were getting easy shoots, Antoni has to do something about this sh**, anotni says,i got it, lets ISO Melo 6 straight times.3-Lins playing ok, penetrating, hustling,Passing into good shots,antoni says, not on my watch, TD, get in there and stop this, mission accomplished, offense dies(as usual) and lin is never heard from again.4-Hey, were close, we might can win this game, let's see if i can get a TECH.5-Damn!, i can't seem to stop them(The knicks), ok were only down 2, let me scrap the cob webs of Steve Novack, refuse to draw up a play going to the hoop(remember were only down 2) and see what happens.The players outplayed the Celtics hands down, this should have been a blow out, but once TD entered the game, i said it's over, and what did Lin do that he benched him.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

We have a PG, lin, but he gets no burn, because he's not out there jacking up 9.. 3's a game.Antoni lost this game,1- STAT had it going, what does he do, let's go away from the guy who's killing them in the paint.2-The balls moving, bodies are moving were getting easy shoots, Antoni has to do something about this sh**, anotni says,i got it, lets ISO Melo 6 straight times.3-Lins playing ok, penetrating, hustling,Passing into good shots,antoni says, not on my watch, TD, get in there and stop this, mission accomplished, offense dies(as usual) and lin is never heard from again.4-Hey, were close, we might can win this game, let's see if i can get a TECH.5-Damn!, i can't seem to stop them(The knicks), ok were only down 2, let me scrap the cob webs of Steve Novack, refuse to draw up a play going to the hoop(remember were only down 2) and see what happens.The players outplayed the Celtics hands down, this should have been a blow out, but once TD entered the game, i said it's over, and what did Lin do that he benched him.
    That's hilarious, but you've got a point.

Veteran

Fields or Schump...hits the shot what would u say then ?
    They had wide open 3's......Thats Dantonio's fault ?
    BUT if u blame him for a guy not having an open shot give him credit when guys do even if they miss....

Last Play of the Game sucked...BUT blame Dantonio ?
    Its 5 on 5 basketball.....Nobody could get free ? come on!!!

Yes LIN should play but no matter what we think about Dantonio what do u think changes when he is gone ???

Do you think he is not BEGGING for a PG ?

Now he gets fired and who runs the point ?
    Lets say Lin is OK for 20 minutes....

so for more then half the game we still have NO PG....

Do not say shump can play it because he CANNOT....Not for a minute not for a second...he is a shooting guard.

Superstar

Fields or Schump...hits the shot what would u say then ?I say it shouldn't have been that close, because this idiot keeps putting in the cooler(TD), or going away from Stat when he's playing good, ect,ect.
    They had wide open 3's......Thats Dantonio's fault ?It's not antonis fault they missed, but it's his fault this game got so close, he went away from literally everything that was working.
    BUT if u blame him for a guy not having an open shot give him credit when guys do even if they miss....His plays almost never result in open shots.

Last Play of the Game sucked...BUT blame Dantonio ?Yea, he called it right.
    Its 5 on 5 basketball.....Nobody could get free ? come on!!!That's when good play calling comes in.

Yes LIN should play but no matter what we think about Dantonio what do u think changes when he is gone ???Hopefully we get a coach that stick with whats working, dude there was no way TD should have come in the game at that point, give me a reason why.

Do you think he is not BEGGING for a PG ?He potentially has one but he doesn't play him, when he was getting minutes we were winning, TD comes in the offense dies, every single game this year.

Now he gets fired and who runs the point ?Lin>TD
    Lets say Lin is OK for 20 minutes....Lin is young i'm sure he can play longer than 20 minutes, he's like 23.

so for more then half the game we still have NO PG....

Do not say shump can play it because he CANNOT....Not for a minute not for a second...he is a shooting guard.But he has the best handle on the team, he and lin can split the duties, god knows TD can't handle it, he has no awareness .
    I tried to answer all of your concerns.

Veteran

I tried to answer all of your concerns.
    Celtics have one of the best defenses especially when they need to shut down a player...Dantonio is not playing PG he cannot get Amare the ball...

Superstar

Celtics have one of the best defenses especially when they need to shut down a player...Dantonio is not playing PG he cannot get Amare the ball...
    I understand the Celtics have a great Defense, but our game plan was working fine.They doubled Melo, because antoni gave them that opportunity with Iso, the ball was moving, people getting open shots, and it was like antoni couldn't take it.The game got that close because antonis in game management,he went away from everything that worked,STAT, LIN, NO ISO, ect.What i don't understand is, once the offense stalled, why not go back to what was working so easily, why not?