Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 620212223242526

Thread: LA2NY Gameday Thread: Knicks vs. Celtics 2-3-12

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I understand the Celtics have a great Defense, but our game plan was working fine.They doubled Melo, because antoni gave them that opportunity with Iso, the ball was moving, people getting open shots, and it was like antoni couldn't take it.The game got that close because antonis in game management,he went away from everything that worked,STAT, LIN, NO ISO, ect.What i don't understand is, once the offense stalled, why not go back to what was working so easily, why not?
    Exactly.

I don't understand why people don't get it...it's like...they don't know basketball or something.

We were killing early on with the PnR and ball movement. Then it just....stopped. Where's the coach to start it up again? He doesn't have to be on the court, HE HAS TO TELL THE GUYS ON THE COURT WHAT THEY NEED TO DO....THAT'S HOW YOU COACH, TELL GUYS WHAT THEY NEED TO DO FOR SUCCESS.

So either he's not doing that, or they're not listening...cause it just...stopped.

Veteran

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    Exactly.

I don't understand why people don't get it...it's like...they don't know basketball or something.

We were killing early on with the PnR and ball movement. Then it just....stopped. Where's the coach to start it up again? He doesn't have to be on the court, HE HAS TO TELL THE GUYS ON THE COURT WHAT THEY NEED TO DO....THAT'S HOW YOU COACH, TELL GUYS WHAT THEY NEED TO DO FOR SUCCESS.

So either he's not doing that, or they're not listening...cause it just...stopped.

Or the Celtics adjusted their defense and we do not have the PG to execute or read the changes....I am not a fan of Dantonio but u guys blame him for every move,,,,every team u watch has a floor general and we DO NOT.

Exactly.

Idk whats wrong with this ****ing **** on upper lip coach, does he have mental lapses once we have the lead and he just starts thinking about ****ing his wife or swimming in his pool of money?? Like i dont get it because he just stops being a coach and ends up being a waste of space on the court and a waste of oxygen in the stadium

Originally Posted by skisloper
    Or the Celtics adjusted their defense and we do not have the PG to execute or read the changes....I am not a fan of Dantonio but u guys blame him for every move,,,,every team u watch has a floor general and we DO NOT.
    No, I mean we literally went from running the PnR with Fields and STAT, to not running any plays between the two for the rest of the game. The Celtics didn't adjust anything...STAT just never set an on-ball screen for Fields for the rest of the game.

You did watch the game, right?

Originally Posted by skisloper
    I watched the whole game besides the part when TD came in in the 4th quarter and i already know he makes the offense very stagnant... Dribble dribble go to basket , make a u turn dribble dribble out to the 3 line, passes to jeffries, jeffries is like what the ****, passes the ball back to him, dribble dribble some more and give the ball to melo when theres a few seconds left and expects him to land a miracle shot just because he is melo

Superstar

No, I mean we literally went from running the PnR with Fields and STAT, to not running any plays between the two for the rest of the game. The Celtics didn't adjust anything...STAT just never set an on-ball screen for Fields for the rest of the game.

You did watch the game, right?
    Exactly, the only adjustment I saw, was antonis brain fart, once again.

Told you guys TD sucks........

Nets in town and NO game thread?? C'mon man!

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Nets in town and NO game thread?? C'mon man!
    I started to make one a few minutes ago, but didn't feel like it with only a few minutes left lol.

I wanna see more Lin than T.D in this game...

Banned

At least Lin is getting his feet wet...despite being down 12 lol.